Add On's Question ?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by XCDriver, Mar 29, 2022.

1. XCDriver

XCDriver New Member

Hi
    I currently have TSW2 Collectors Edition PS4 Disc version which I now play on my PS5 via an External drive which includes all my preserved routes & my latest game progress, when purchasing any add on Routes through Playstation store do I download the PS4 version or PS5 version..or both ?
    Thanks

2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Up to you... the PS4 version may run quicker and may cause a few less issues, but the PS5 version would have "all the bells and whistles" so full AI, passengers etc

3. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

I speak personally but I don’t find any big differences on the graphics side except clearer resolutions on some part of trains and by exemple the TVM board on the TGV Duplex is not blurry on the PS5 unlike on the PS4 but yeah like said above you have the “full version” while choosing for the PS5 one with more services, passengers and AI but keep in mind for the moment there’s a DLC limit so you can’t install all your DLCs and last but not least, you have to restart from the beginning as for the moment you’re unable to transfer your progress from PS4 to PS5 that’s one of the reason I stick to the PS4 version but the team is currently looking into it

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

I would have thought having the PS4 version of the game that it would be the PS4 versions of any DLC's that you download for it. And as you are running the PS4 version then the DLC 64GB limit would not be a problem on the PS5.

• Like Like x 1
  5. jailbr3ak_acdc

jailbr3ak_acdc New Member

Wait. If you just play the 'PS4 version' on PS5 you can have all the DLC without the 64GB limit ???

6. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Yes
    I am playing the PS4 version (4tb HDD) on the PS5 and you can use all DLC . But you do not get the functionality of the Gen 9 console say for instance the extra layers for the PS4 version of London Brighton.

Hentis

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. XCDriver

XCDriver New Member

Thanks for the replies & advice
    Colin

8. XCDriver

XCDriver New Member

..just to further ask to my original post, fact I already have TSW2 Collectors Edition on Disc PS4, if I were to buy TSW2 Rush Hour Deluxe Edition on Disc PS4, in order to get the extra Routes, Boston Sprinter, Dresden & London Commuter, rather than buy them as individual Route add ons as it works out cheaper even with the current PS route sale on, what I want to know is ? obviously already having Sandpatch, Bakerloo line routes on TSW2 collectors edition, would they be overwriten ie : my current progress on those routes, would I have to start again once the TSW2 Rush hour disc is inserted, as those routes are also on there ? Hope you follow my drift !?

9. ARuscoe

It's likely that the PS4 versions of the DLC don't reach the size limit rather than the limit not being imposed. The limit is in the PS5 OS so I doubt a DLC would get round this by being an older version

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Your progress wouldn't be overwritten but you may have issues with any other routes that were on the collectors edition disc.
    The Rush Hour Deluxe edition has the base routes on the disc and the 3 RH routes as a DLC code.
    You could redeem the code for the 3 RH routes but still use your collectors edition disc afaik.

• Like Like x 1
  11. bones.n.hombre

bones.n.hombre Active Member

I did this exact thing on Xbox, so I would imagine it would work in a similar way.

I already owned TSW2, a few weeks ago bought the newer package at a discount (£8.99), to get the three rush hour routes, my original progress on SPG, London Underground etc was not over written or reset.

Hope this helps.

12. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

I believe there is no DLC limit on the PS4. The DLC limit is something that Sony introduced soon after the PS5 was released, and for the PS5.

13. ARuscoe

The user is playing on a PS5... using PS4 DLC on a PS5 would still encounter PS5 issues IF they reach the limit in question

14. antony.henley

No As I have everything installed for the PS4 version of TSW 2 on the PS5* and Its fine.

Its only the PS5 DLC thats affected.

TSW 2 (PS4 version) 127.1 GB installed on PS5* (all routes and DLC's) Vr 1.75
    TSW 2 (PS5 version) 56.53 gb Installed (all German and UK routes only) Vr 1.034.000

*4tb external HDD

Regards
    Hentis

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. ARuscoe

Ah OK. Then I have misread the previous advice wrong.
    I was reading it was the PS5 itself that had the limit rather than it being PS5 DLC being limited. Thanks for clarifying

• Like Like x 2
  16. antony.henley

No problems.