PC Dynamic Changing Weather... Sort Of.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by jon flint, Aug 20, 2018.

1. jon flint

jon flint New Member

Okay, i know the game doesn't technically support dynamically changing the weather conditions once you're in-game and playing, but ive found a little quirk and haven't seen it mentioned before so thought id share.

I know the game engine can change the weather based on temperature, you can see this if you spawn a snowy day in the summer, the snow is there for a few seconds and then visibly melts away. It can also work the other way around, for instance, on the Ruhr Sieg DLC, try running an autumn service late in the afternoon with some rain, as day turns to night and temps drop, the rain will turn to snow. Makes for a nice end to a journey :)

Try service DB80215 Hagen-Finnentrop (18:30) with the BR185.2. Choose Autumn drizzle, you can increase the wind and precipitation if you want more of a blizzard by the end of the run :)

• Like Like x 9
  2. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Wow - that sounds neat - will have to try it. I can see several possibility for scenarios in mountain passes with this "feature'

3. jon flint

jon flint New Member

I should add, ive been unable to recreate this on other services, even the one at the same time running the opposite direction. But it still seems to work on the DB80215 run, tested 3 times now to make sure it wasn't a one off glitch.

4. USRailFan007

USRailFan007 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip, Jon. Worked like a charm.

5. solon

solon Active Member

Thank-you Jon flint. Very interesting.

It's not possible to add dynamic weather (or real weather as in x-plane) in future ?

6. Mephrite

Mephrite Active Member

Changing weather conditions would be for scenarios incredible! Imagine possibilities....

• Like Like x 1
  7. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Although I can't cite them specifically, I've experienced quite a lot of dynamic weather conditions in TSW. Yesterday, for example, I opened one of the early morning freight sessions in Ruhr-Sieg after selecting autumn mist and tossing in some wetness, clouds, and wind. The result included snow on the ground, a variety of cloud covers, and blowing snow:

TSW_Tommaso_1535383621_00.jpg TSW_Tommaso_1535383627_00.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  8. flamingoodmedia

flamingoodmedia Member

When I ran DB80215 Hagen-Finnentrop (18:30) as suggested above, adding in some extra wind & precipitation I had a rainy ride up until a few KM's out of Finnentrop and then ... It started snowing, the further I went the more snow was laid down until arrival at Finnentrop was in a blizzard ...

Out of curiosity (in the same game session) I left DB80215 & walked to Finnentrop station, imagining my duty rota had me a drive back to Hagen on the RE16 at 19:55 thinking that maybe the weather would be dynamic on the return journey that night ...

What happened for me was that the snow & blizzard stayed half the way back to Hagen, it didn't fade back to rain, maybe at that time of day it wouldn't, maybe the snow storm would head back towards Hagen ... Anyway on this trip I had to do a save & reload in TSW half way, but then on the re-load the scene had changed to a rainy one, no snow anywhere ...

Of course since this was a re-loaded service it bugged out a few signals down the line, I came across the dreaded permanent red & that was the end of my drive back to Hagen.

I find this happens a lot on return journeys in the same session that have been saved/re-loaded.

9. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I think that we have to keep in mind that asking for constantly changing (dynamic) weather is not very realistic. What I mean is that weather, even in the current turbulent era, is often stable for days at a time. Flamingodmedia's attempt to create a follow-on session after completing one is interesting, and being able to do so successfully would be a good addition to the simulator. Could this be done, DTG?