Harlem Line - Cab Ride Comparison To Train Sim World 2

Discussion in 'Creators Club' started by Der Uni, Mar 26, 2022.

1. Der Uni

Der Uni Well-Known Member

Hello everyone,

i have made a direct Comparison Cab Ride Video for the Harlem Line.
    The video is not intended to show any mistakes to the build of the Route, but to represent how close it is to reality. I think it's really hard to build a track based on a real Railway.

But everyone can make his own mind, how close or how far away this Route is from Reality... ;)

The missing Part is the Park Avenue Tunnel, because the real Train and my Train in TSW2 use different Ways in this part of the Route ...not useful for Comparison.
    The real Train ends in Crestwood, so only the Part to Crestwooed is shown.

Have Fun...:) ;)

• Like Like x 3
  2. Trainiac

Trainiac Well-Known Member

Is it just me or is the 3rd rail in-game a lot bigger than it is in real life? The real 3rd rail is small and thin, but in game the cover is thick and wide.

• Like Like x 1
  3. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

That is really impressive, wow! So close to reality.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Der Uni

Der Uni Well-Known Member

No, definitely not just you. Even the first time I played Harlem Line, the 3rd rail seemed incredibly thick. Then I saw the Videos of the real Route and saw the very big difference.

5. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

Thanks for doing this. It’s actually incredible how damn close this is. Even small details like locations of track side utility boxes and stuff.

Obviously the buildings in the game are a bit more generic but even when they aren’t an exact visual match the assets used matches the real building for each location pretty well. The only other thing I noticed is that the walls for the sunken tracks on left side of the track seem taller in game than most of the same spots in real life between like Melrose and Fordham. Overall credit to DTG for accuracy. I bet the dev team watched that exact video hundreds of times.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2022
    • Like Like x 1