Having Trouble Following Guide

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by CD83, Aug 28, 2018.

1. CD83

CD83 New Member

I am new to the gane on xbox one (digital edition). When in a rail yard, having some trouble going to the right siding because of the little blue navigator. Any suggestions? The destination may be 4 miles away, but I end up on the wrong track or siding.....If it says to go to track or siding 3, not seeing a sign for this

2. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

You can bring up the map with the "View" button. There you can see where you need to go and where you are. Hover over the switches to see to which direction they are set. You might need to change some switches to get to the point the game wants you to go.

• Like Like x 1
  3. CD83

CD83 New Member

How do you bring up the map with view?

4. Gamborg

Gamborg Active Member

The View button on the controller is the small button just to the right of the left stick.

• Like Like x 1
  5. CD83

CD83 New Member

Thanks, and is it easier to navigate to sidings than the blue circle telling how far away you are?

6. Gamborg

Gamborg Active Member

If you look at the map you can see which route you need to take by the color of the track: it will be highlighted by a green color. So look where your train is and the flip the switches needed in order to get to your destination.

7. Gamborg

Gamborg Active Member

Also, the white triangle on the switch on the map will tell you if the point is converging or diverging so you know just by looking at it if it pertains to your route.

8. CD83

CD83 New Member

Ok and one more thing, I have the digital delxue edition on the xbox one, not seeing the Great Western railway and other railroads, like in Britain. Can I also do the CSX heavy haul?

9. Gamborg

Gamborg Active Member

In the standard and deluxe edition you can select GWE, NEC or Rapid Transit from the menu but CSX Heavy Haul has not been released for console and nothing has been officially scheduled.

10. CD83

CD83 New Member

I am in the CSX loco and stopped on hill. The train will not go foward. The throttle is at 8 and you can hear it. All brakes released. Please help