Differences Between Ps4 And Ps5 Versions?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by IfICanDream, Apr 1, 2022.

Tags:
  1. IfICanDream

IfICanDream Active Member

Just curious what they are.

And has there been any word of when PS4 profiles will catch up to PS5?

2. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

PS4 profiles will never catch up to PS5. PS4's are just not capable of performing like PS5's. What you get now out of the PS4's will be what you will be getting from them until PS4 is not supported anymore.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

The Graphics are better, faster loading times, the maximum passengers is double, less stuttering and if you have the necessary DLC you get more layers on your routes, so more traffic to see. To name a few, but the main downside is the 64GB DLC limit on a PS5 so if you own more than 64GB of DLC you have to keep installing and uninstalling your DLC

• Like Like x 3
  4. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

Oh and the Harlem Line is Playable on PS5 while the PS4 version isnt

5. IfICanDream

I just hate losing all that progress from the PS4. I was level 64.

6. IfICanDream

I noticed the graphics. Even the PS4 version loads quicker. I haven’t noticed the other stuff though. I’ll keep a lookout for that. Thanks

7. IfICanDream

Not sure what you mean. The Harlem line is available for the PS4.

8. Aryffordd

Aryffordd Guest

Are the draw distances better on the PS5 version, particularly with shadows? I find the weird cutoff shadows annoying on the PS4 - enough for me to only drive in the rain to avoid them!

• Like Like x 2
  9. F.Barnes

F.Barnes Active Member

Here's a little PS5-example-video for you:
    Route: Luzern-Sursee
    Service: 21116 Sursee-Luzern 06:18
    Month: August

There's still a little "chasing the shadow"-effect in the track in the near front
    but that's not an immersion killer for me.
    I'm playing with keyboard & controller.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Aryffordd

Aryffordd Guest

I really appreciate you taking the time to do this, it is very very helpful!

Interesting to see that the draw distance on shadows cast by foliage is much much further into the distance than on PS4 and far less intrusive.

The tracks, as you say, are still suffering a little but I guess they present very specific problems to DTG’s devs.

It is interesting that some of the OHLE supports have the shadows on the face of the uprights themselves popping in abruptly (eg from around 4m 45s on the approach to Emmenbrücke). I guess the draw distance for these are set to be the same as for the tracks, perhaps?

Again, many thanks. Super helpful. And definitely better than PS4!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  11. steveownzzz#6107

steveownzzz#6107 Well-Known Member

Looks like everything already been noted in this thread but I do want to reiterate that load times are lighting fast on the ps5 on pretty much all games- it’s really nice to be able to be able to quickly load in “on foot” at station x to grab collectibles, and then quickly hop out and then into station y to grab more collectibles etc.
    Layers are obviously awesome. And on ps4 I used to have problems, especially on ccl, which terrain forming mountains on the tracks… so no more of that on my ps5

12. RynoHawk

RynoHawk Member

I was level 300ish on PS4 and made the jump to PC. Didn’t really miss it. What hurts (unlike PS4 to PS5) is rebuying DLC (thank you, Steam sales!) but at least I can skip the DLCs that I didn’t care for.

13. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

For PS5 HMA Hamburg Lubeck DCZ Riesa-Dresden BML Layers are enabled

14. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Respectfully is it really progress . I'm level 320 and nothing is any different to level 0. I wouldn't worry about it personally. Nothing is locked by level

15. jailbr3ak_acdc

jailbr3ak_acdc New Member

I just got a PS5 this week and the difference is MASSIVE!! I only have installed the PS4 version on my PS5 and it runs 4K 60FPS . Frame drop is almost inexistent. And i have all my progress from PS4 and all my DLC !!

I didn't installed the PS5 version because of the DLC limit and progress loss.

You'd be surprised!

Last edited: Apr 10, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  16. jailbr3ak_acdc

jailbr3ak_acdc New Member

I think is possible if DTG adds 'save data to cloud' option like Far Cry 6, Watch Dogs Legion, Cyberpunk 2077, GTAV.. where you just download your savedata in the PS5 version with any issue ‍ ?

17. arek#2842

arek#2842 Well-Known Member

I've found below info on Sony page:
    So my question is: is it possible to do above for TSW 2 on PS5?
    It basically looks like I could play PS4 version (keeping my PS4 profile and progress, but also cope with all the constrains related with PS4 version on the game) and at the same time having new profile and play PS5 version and I could switch between them whenever I want.
    Could some of you having PS5 could confirm if it is working like that?

18. Railmaster

Railmaster Well-Known Member

I don't feel any better at level 300 than at level 200. The number alone says little, because a career mode is not included.

But I like to look at my player statistics from time to time to see which routes and which trains I used the most. That often surprises me, because my impression is different. That doesn't really reflect my personal ranking, but it's still revealing.

I'm also happy with a bronze medal, but it shows me that it can probably be done better.
    And if I get a trophy for driving 313 miles in the Class 313, why shouldn't I be happy about it?

And speaking of unlocking - that applies to the Mastery Challenge. Sometimes I look in there to see what's missing and complete it. I could also just drive one more Journey tour or timetable. But so it is a task in itself.

There's no career mode, but the level alone reflects how far I've come. For others, it's just a meaningless number.

It's all part of my gamer profile and it's as important to me as the DLC I paid for. I can see my performance in my profile. Sorry it means something to me.

There was a bug in TSW2020 where many players lost their profile. It's very sobering to start all over again. Because I don't know off the top of my head which tasks I had already completed. This is just very annoying. So I had two profiles in TSW2020 and now a third in TSW2. And now I'm supposed to start all over again on the PS5? Ok, I know my position and can complete it, but it's not the same.

My profile belongs to me and the level is just a number. But it's important to me. How many profiles should I still have in TSW? 10? Then you don't need a profile anymore. get rid of it
    No level, no medals, no trophies, no mastery, no stats at all. Stupid things. Then I only drive off-the-rail if it doesn't mean anything anyway.

I don't want to have to lose my profile again. The level is just a number, what matters to me is how this number came together. That's what I care about.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Metallipool

Metallipool Member

Could not agree with you more Railmaster ,or put it any better.Every point you raised is bang on and how I personally feel.I have recently been fortunate enough to get hold of a PS5 from the PS store and I will not be starting a new profile and putting in the same amount of hours again to get the results I have already achieved on the PS4 version. I will continue to play on the PS4 until the profile transfer is sorted. Every game I have transfered from the PS4 to the PS5 has transfered my profile/trophies and game saves without any problems what so ever!!So where is the problem? Frustration is beyond words but until this happens I won’t be buying any new DLC’s and will stick to what I have on the PS4.I know I’m missing out on additional features and layers,but for this problem to still be going on for this long is ridiculous!! It’s saving me money and allowing me to enjoy other great games that have successfully transferred over on my new console, using up the hours I would normally be spending on TSW2,and that over the last few months is a lot.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2022