Next Dlc Announcement

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by redrev1917, Mar 21, 2022.

1. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

That’s what I am waiting and looking forwards to. We especially need more layer to all American Passenger Routes Still such as the LIRR, Amtrak, and The New Metro North Still ;)

• Like Like x 1
  2. BlaringHorn

BlaringHorn Well-Known Member

If that's the case, maybe they should be willing to discuss them already? Since there is literally only one DLC that we currently know of that they are working on, and that is the steam route. I'd say the next roadmap would be a high time to reveal something.

• Like Like x 2
  3. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Well apparently road maps are no longer the place where they are going to announce new routes. These will come out as standalone articles in between road maps. Or so I understood from the last roadmap.

• Like Like x 2
  4. BlaringHorn

Yeah, you're right, I forgot about that. Let's put it this way then, it would be a high time for one of those "reveal articles". They could call it the "future content roadmap" article. ;)

Last edited: Mar 28, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  5. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

All three of the Rush Hour routes could do with loco DLC additions - Hps46 and Acela for Boston, ICE-T for Dresden, and Class 700 (IIRC) for Brighton.

• Like Like x 5
  6. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

Yeaaaa how about no after that whole disaster of a release with the 700s on TS22

7. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Didn't hear about that - what happened?

8. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Or maybe lightening doesnt strike twice and a 700 on TSW just has to be of a higher standard.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

A quick read the Steam reviews filled me in well.

Cheers

10. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

The release was a MAJOR disaster, the reviews are VERY poor and literally Armstrong powerhouse got involved and made it better some how..well at least mediocre

• Like Like x 3
  11. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Since NEC Boston has two why not give the others two more locomotives. I see this as NEC Boston HSP-46 Acela Riesa-Dresden DB BR145 mixed traffic freight and doppelstockwagen ICE-T BML Class 700 & Class 70 diesel locomotive. If you are wondering where I got the Class 70 DLC locomotive for BML it's from this Geoff Marshall Video the Clayton Tunnel

12. BlaringHorn

That's great news! The Ludmilla and the 218 are definitely first-day purchases for me.

13. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

For an Acela DLC I think they will make another NEC route, pehaps Baltimore to Washington, and that will come with an Acela which can be added as a layer on
    Boston Sprinter. But only for PC and 9th gen.

• Like Like x 1
  14. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I knew it wasn’t received well, I didn’t appreciate how not so well. Bean counters strike again.maybe the accounting team needs someone with a passion for trains.

15. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Louis-MTA NYCTA Well-Known Member

Exactly, a game can look great graphically. Which TSW excels at. But far more importantly is the effort and the amount of support the development team puts into their game. Enough so that the company can break even with their cost vs earnings.

SimRail looks very promising. Like you said it has a huge potential to be something that can finally compete with TSW 2. I also love the proposed multiplayer feature they plan on adding to the simulator in the future. I am excited for that, but I remain skeptical though.

I also love that it is getting treated fairly well and releasing ONLY when the development team thinks it's time to release it. Delaying it is great and shows how much the development team cares for the game. That's great to see!. The game generally looks great and it's set to release on the console market too, which desperately needs major competition for TSW 2. I think this will inevitably hit DTG and remind them that they should step up their game when a new IP comes to compete.

I also would love to see Asobo and Microsoft go back to Train Simulator. It's been years since the last Microsoft Train Simulator came out (I think even before TS Classic or formerly known as Railworks) and I think just like Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 it needs a new overhaul and new features.

• Like Like x 1
  16. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I guess since dtg know somebody will make an enhancement pack for a train or mod, they bother not putting as much effort into their TS2022 loco/emu dlcs. A shame really as it does show they don't have the passion. Now if they did that in tsw2, the backlash would be huge

• Like Like x 2
  17. tallboy7648

Whilst it would be nice to see Microsoft make another train simulator, I really can't see that happening considering that train simulator is a niche market compared to bus, flight, and truck simulators. As to why that is is something I don't know. It could be that players aren't that interested in driving a train, marketing strategies to attract new players not being effective. Who knows at this point?

Now if Microsoft were to make a new train sim, they can use the endless amount of cash to perhaps market the game much better and considering that Microsoft is a much bigger and well known company, it could attract much more players into train simulation just like flight simulator did. It would be good if Microsoft were to make another train simulator as that would be good for competition but again it probably would be a gamble since train sims are a niche market.

Considering that Simrail has beed delayed due to the devs clearly wanting to get it right and not wrong, I wonder if they will do the same when it comes to potential dlcs. Now we all know that Dovetail Games unfortunately has the tendency to rush out dlcs sometimes which leaves certain aspects feeling incomplete. SEHS with the HS1 and aspects of the Harlem line are two prime examples with that route having missing landmarks, lack of detail with missing logos in station signs, incorrect pis and a buggy M7A audio. I'm hoping that the Simrail devs don't rush out dlc's and takes their time with it but we seen that money talks in the end so that is really my only concern when it pertains to future dlc's for that game but other than that I am looking forward to that game regardless

Last edited: Mar 29, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  18. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Well, historically in videogames that can mean one of two things:

a) as you suggest and we all hope, the devs are taking their time to get all the details right, squash bugs and polish it till it shines (example RDR2);
    but OTOH there are plentiful examples of

b) development hell where they can't get it to work and there are constant redesigns and personnel churn as the time is spent going nowhere (example Mass Effect Andromeda)​

Last edited: Mar 29, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  19. tallboy7648

You do have a point. I'm hoping it'll be A though and not B. That game has loads of potential and I'm sure the devs know it and don't want to put it into waste by releasing a messy product

• Like Like x 1
  20. phillipa#1949

phillipa#1949 Active Member

What,s happened to those Just Train Dudes since they announced at they would be developing for TSW2 at the end of last year ? maybe a UK or German route from then. We have heard nothing since about them donating a route or to

Last edited: Mar 30, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  21. tallboy7648

There hasn't been any news from them since

• Like Like x 1
  22. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Which is understandable, as TSW probably needs some getting used to before they're ready to announce any route/loco plans. I am excitedly waiting though. :)

• Like Like x 1
  23. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Obviously the saw the community pics corrected with a lot of paint, so they stay on the silent side.

Not sure how their content will be, but at least in functionality they seem to have a high standard.

Maybe we get "tsg" for uk dlcs ;). I think jt knows exactly that a copy paste like skyhooks 187 wont work out.

So i really think they see a real business here for going into tsw. Looking forward to it very much.

• Like Like x 2
  24. Noel06

Noel06 Well-Known Member

An ICE 1 would be also good. But I am looking forward to the DB BR 218.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  25. kurtosizm

kurtosizm Well-Known Member

I personally hope DTG will announce nothing on Tuesday, otherwise they'll never catch up with fixing bugs.

• Like Like x 2
  26. Noel06

Noel06 Well-Known Member

No. New routes would be awesome !!

• Like Like x 4
  27. kurtosizm

Would be, yeah. But can you please remind us which was the last route DTG released without serious issues? Releasing new stuff every two months means previous releases with game-breaking bugs will never get fixed. Quite frankly, we've got plenty of content to enjoy at the moment. Of course, if these releases were of good quality, I wouldn't mind new DLCs.

• Like Like x 2
  28. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

Tharandter Rampe.

29. kurtosizm

Wrong Dostos headlights, service stuck at Freiberg (which derails immediately if you start moving forward), missing level crossings just to mention a few. Don't you class these as serious? A few QA runs would've comfirmed all these issues, because these all exist on all platforms.

• Like Like x 3
  30. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

The game has a number of standing bugs and no route is released perfect, yes. However this endless concept people keep shoving forward of not releasing any content at all and working for months with no income is certainly infeasible.

It will remain a company, and releases are simply needed to keep the gears turning. It's also needed to retain the playerbase, look at how many say that they are bored of their current content and will wait until the next release to make it interesting again (although to be fair I think a very large part of that is caused by DTG releasing so many same-ish routes on which the 'new' wears of quicker than on original and varied routes, and I probably will write a thread about this issue soon™). New content is simply an element of the way the game and rhe company behind it works and sustains itself.

Now that's not to say that I don't understand the frustration at standing bugsvand lacking QA. I personally find it especially frustrating that there are many easy to resolve or already resolved bugs that will take ages to actually come to the game due to the slow internal process at DTG. That truly needs to change as quickly as possible. As for the more difficult bugs (like saving), it's honestly not something i see being solved soon. DTG very much knows the community wants bug fixes and will leave if they don't come, and I trust they're being worked on. That said, I would not mind a period with slightly fewer releases leading up to the summer release so that slightly more attention can be diverted to going into the summer release with a more polished and bug free game, though I honestly think that's unlikely aswell. And even if that were the case, the summer release will introduce new bugs. DTG will always be fixing bugs and then introducing new ones, it's simply the nature of games and their updates. In Dutch we have a saying, "mopping up water with the tap still running", and I think it describes the reality of the gaming industry in general fittingly.

31. phillipa#1949

phillipa#1949 Active Member

Matt in a live stream sometime ago did mention that they where releasing March April & MAY which has been correct so far Horse shoe curve is next up as for the one that might be released in May is currently unknown ( unless its spirit of Steam which is highly lightly ) maybe it will be the turn of the Just Train Dudes?

• Like Like x 1
  32. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

Worth remembering this gap in releases was obviously required to free up time to release the preserved collection upgrades. We know new stuff is prioritised for QA time because it is revenue generating and these updates are not. So you can't really have both and we have wanted this preservation crew stuff out, so personally I welcome it as long as we are getting regular preservation team upgrades.

• Like Like x 1
  33. Irish Train sim

Irish Train sim Well-Known Member

I’d happily see a few routes being merged and paying the price for that than new routes. Less work and would hopefully be quickly done. Easy for me to say “less work” when not understanding the issue fully though, how hard can it be though as can be done in TS 20xx

• Like Like x 2
  34. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

DTG have released the annual updates in July/August? Crewe to Liverpool might not be imminent but not that far off. I see the annual TSW dropping with 3 showcase routes, but the main features being Scenario and Livery designer 2.0.

• Like Like x 1
  35. tallboy7648

Not to mention the memory crashes on last gen consoles

• Like Like x 1
  36. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

I really hope that the summer update will be with new game core feature such as more live dynamic weather in real time that actually changes on route and also the Save Button Fix and the new feature of In Cab Annoucement in Train Cab and at Platform;):D:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  37. Irish Train sim

Irish Train sim Well-Known Member

Dynamic weather would be good, that and a few merged routes would make me happy. Along with the night lighting that Dresden has.

• Like Like x 1
  38. meridian#2659

Dynamic weather is supported already now, its just not set up in the menu.

There is a weather tool which works over the unreal unlocker console. There you can setup static or dynamic weather.

Screenshot_20220404-185611_YouTube.jpg

Since some routes are not supported with snow, i use unreal unlocker a lot to change weather or make the night darker.

• Like Like x 1
  39. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

Yes you are right it in-game but i think it still could get more better, especially some of the weather is not in such as lightning storms, thunderstorms, heavy blizzards, ice rain, pouring rain, windy- where you see objects on the ground blowing, same thing when its in snowy weather where the wind blows heavy, and other weather that are still not present in-game yet.

• Like Like x 1
  40. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

I do not think you can blame the preserved upgrades, they have the least priority. If you want to blame something blame SOS, DTG have already said that everyone is working on that.

I'm right miffed that the preserved updates are taking such a long time to be released but I also recognise they are a business that has to make money. But what I do not understand is why they just don't release Loco DLC, no need for routes. It would flush out existing routes and imo please the player base more. Class 121 on the GWE I think, make it happen DTG, Ta.

• Like Like x 2
  41. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

I also would like to see more Loco DLC added to the game like you said, especially for the metro north line, Try to ask this on the stream tomorrow, hopefully, Matt can answer this question. ;)

42. tallboy7648

There are simply perhaps no plans for loco dlc's at the moment

• Like Like x 1
  43. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

I would if I could see it live, alas I see it much later.

I meant surely there would be less strain on DTG doing a Loco than a whole route no?

• Like Like x 2
  44. tallboy7648

It would be less work although they don't sell as much as a route dlc which is understandable

• Like Like x 1
  45. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

Locos are DLC for DLC so maybe they are holding off while they work on de-coupling locos from routes? If loco DLC was arbtrarily linked to base routes then you would be able to use them on any route you have without any dependency issues. However that only lasts as long as the chosen route is still in the base pack.

• Like Like x 1
  46. space_ace96

space_ace96 Active Member

It's hard to predict what DTG is up to, but what I don't want to see is a continuation of the trend of picking routes that allow them to do as little work possible creating new locos. Looking at the most recent releases, while we did get the 612 and SD70ACE, so many routes either have locos that have very minor differences from already created ones (387/377, M3A/M3, M7A/M7, 313/314, F40PH-2C/F40PH-2CAT, 143/112, ICE 3/ICE 3M), or are just straight up reused. Nahverkehr Dresden for example had all reused locos. In the most extreme cases, the GP38, SD40-2, Dostos, and TRAXX locos have been used to death. I understand that some reuse is unavoidable when country's standardize their railways but I can't help but think it also cuts corners in a fashion. While I don't know much about what equipment is used on what lines, being a dumb American /s, I'd love to see new loco hauled or trainset modern UK rail. Think about it--whenever we get UK rail, it's either modern EMU/DMU (usually electrostars or turbostars) or BR era locos. The only modern-ish locos are the 66 which has been around forever and the 43 which was modeled years ago. It would be nice to see something different like Pacers, a Class 68, a Class 380, a Voyager or Pendolino, hell even an Aventra or Civity or something from the Desiro or Desiro City families.

While I love US commuter stuff most, I doubt that will come again so soon after Boston Sprinter and Harlem Line, so I'm hoping for a different modern UK line (kinda tired of the south of England now), or maybe a modern German route that brings something new to the table like an ICE-T, ICE 2, or a U-bahn route, something that isn't just a reused 146, 143, 442, 187, and Dostos copy pasted into another generic German countryside. Once they come back to the US commuter well, I would also like to either see them get out of the NEC and license with a new railroad or do something new within the NEC like SEPTA, NJT, or MARC, loco hauled MNRR/LIRR, or Acela. Maybe even something that uses a P42DC or SC-44 Charger. The Amtrak California well has been left untouched for about a decade now, and with a relationship with both Cal-Trans and Amtrak already in place, the only thing left is new licensing and modeling. Lastly I hate steam so I won't comment on that and hope they get SoS over and done with as quickly as possible.

• Like Like x 4
  47. meridian#2659

Im fine with reusing stock in routes since this gives a high variety like we have in riesa dresden.

But to this i can only stick if there are loco addons, which compensate this gap, and currently there isnt a single loco dlc from dtg on the roadmap.
    I assume the new german dlc will be a fullprice route, so i think there is also a new loco or train included.

48. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Anyone any idea what the new German Route will be.

I would like something along the Rhine.

49. Swisstrains

Swisstrains Well-Known Member

Would love Mannheim-Karlsruhe or Freiburg-Basel; both are very nice routes that are on one of the biggest freight corridors of Europe!
    I would like to see them because I love the freight trains in Germany; and most of the routes we have are more focused on passenger than freight… The ICE 1 or Br193 would fit perfectly on those routes too, as long as the Dosto and Br143,112 and Br146; also ICE3 and IC layers and every freight loco we had so far would be perfect. And if that wasnˆt enought, Mannheim has the second biggest freight yard of germany, and we could see the new FLIRT in Basel- in general, those are two of the most frequent routes in Germany!

50. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

It's a high amount of variety assuming you don't own other routes already. If you own older German routes though often you'll already have a lot of the types included. I've been avoiding newer German routes for this reason, so maybe for you it's great, but at least in my case it's causing me to back away from newer German content, and I bet other users would agree with that.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2022
    • Like Like x 1