Adding Dovetail Games Titles To Geforce Now.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by CarlusSilva, Jan 21, 2021.

1. CarlusSilva

CarlusSilva New Member

I tried to create a ticket but it seems that it's not working so I'm going to post it here. (Sorry if this is not the right place to post it)

Hello Dovetail Games team.

Since it's Festival of Rail on Steam I would love to pick up Train Sim World 2 and some DLCs for Train Simulator 21 (since I already own the base game) but unfortunately I have a bad computer and I can't play them. So I use Geforce Now to play games (GFN is a Cloud Gaming Service that let's your play games that you own. You can learn more about GFN here: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce-now/faq/)
    I use Geforce Now on a daily basis and since I discovered the service I bought a LOT of games just to play them on the service. I would 100% buy TSW2 if it eventually gets added to the service, but Nvidia uses a "opt-in" method so that publishers/developers have control of their games on the service so you guys have to add them "manually" using Steam Cloud Play (You can learn more about Steam Cloud Play and how to opt-in here: https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/features/cloudgaming and if you have any question you can contact Nvidia by e-mail: GFNpublisherfeedback@nvidia.com).
    It's pretty easy to add them to the service and it has no costs. Geforce Now is a service and not a platform so you have to BUY the games on Steam, to play them on the service.

Thank you for your time and have a nice day.
    Cheers!

• Like Like x 14
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. oandreyluiz

oandreyluiz New Member

I super support this idea. I, just like you, love TSW2 and can't play it because I use Mac. I play games on GeForce NOW daily basis. Making your games available there would spread your games to other platforms like Linux and Mac. More money. :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. anthonyruk

anthonyruk New Member

This would be good, I have a console for TSW2 but play TS 2021 on a cloud gpu instance with Paperspace. The only issue is there's an hourly charge and the results can vary.

Geforce now would be a great addition really as other games I play on their platform work really well.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

I've started using GeForce Now recently, as whilst my PC can cope with 99% of games, I'm trying to resist filling up the drive with games that I play once in a blue moon.

I strongly support adding TSW2 to GeForce Now, and I really hope that DTG consider it. It would allow those who don't have a powerful computer the opportunity to buy and play TSW2. As far as I'm aware, there's zero cost to DTG for this, so it really is a no brainer.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Nanobeastfake

Nanobeastfake New Member

Sehe ich genau so hoffentlich ließt das jemand hier

6. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Hallo, willkommen in den Foren. Sie haben gerade das getan, was als „Bumping“ bezeichnet wird, was bedeutet, eine Nachricht in einen Thread zu stecken, der seit langem nicht mehr gesendet wurde. Das ist nicht erlaubt, aber du bist neu, es ist also kein wirkliches Problem. Aber bitte lies die Forenregeln. Ich verstehe auch, dass nicht jeder Englisch spricht, aber könnten Sie bitte Nachrichten in einen Übersetzer aus dem Deutschen ins Englische einfügen, was die Dinge für alle einfacher macht.

• Like Like x 1
  7. CarlusSilva

CarlusSilva New Member

I've been asking for the games to be added on the service for 2 years now and the games are not yet added (I would like to see why, because literally adding the games on the service does not have any downsides and only brings advantages).

It's kinda sad to see that Dovetail Games don't care, because I would really love to play the game that I already OWN and unfortunately I can't because my computer is not powerful enough to run them. Not adding the games on the service is just a dumb move, since a lot of people that use the service regularly won't buy your games because they are not in the service. (I personally stopped buying games that are not in the service and a lot of people do that as well).
    Cloud Gaming will be the future and I really hope to play Train Simulator and Train Sim World on it one day!

Let's hope that a DTG member see this.
    Thanks, and sorry for bumping this old thread. Have a nice day.

Edit: Here's how to the publisher can add the game to the service: https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/features/cloudgaming
    It's pretty simple and that can be done under 1 minute. All of the rest will be taken care by Nvidia.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2022
  8. Trenomarcus

Trenomarcus Well-Known Member

Just wanted to ping this, to encourage DTG to add TSW to GeForce Now. This would dramatically help many people with old devices to enjoy new content, which is much more demanding (London commuter for example).

• Like Like x 1
  9. kenobi#1878

kenobi#1878 Well-Known Member

I have to agree, even if I may never use it.

• Like Like x 2
  10. CarlusSilva

CarlusSilva New Member

Since posting here doesn't seem to work, how can I contact someone that works for Dovetail Games that can share this suggestion to their colleagues?
    I'm waiting since the launch of Geforce Now (February 2020) to the games to be added to the service just so that I can buy them on Steam. It's kinda sad, because I really wanted to try the games out since I love trains and train games are lacking on Geforce Now catalog. Adding the games to Geforce Now would make me (and many fans) very happy.
    Just to be clear once and for all, adding the games to Geforce Now doesn't have any costs and people still have to BUY the games on Steam/Epic Games to play them. So there is nothing to Dovetail Games to lose, except costumers (if the games are not added).

Thanks. Cheers!