Horseshoe Curve Stream On Thursday!

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Anthony Pecoraro, Apr 1, 2022.

1. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

We will finally get to see HSC in action on Thursday! I have been waiting for this!

• Like Like x 7
  2. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Really hope there's something else added to the roadmap as otherwise once HSC is released there's very little on the RM for us none steam fans.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

I have also been waiting, though right now I am having a lot of fun with Harlem and Luzern - Sursee. Will wait to see what it looks like since this is one route I am very familiar with having fanned it many times.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

FINALLY!!! And I was just about to pull my hair just to see how much is gonna be delayed already (since it's been at least 80 Days since the first article about the route). So it better be worth it, not for everyone's sake, but for my own as well.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Suryaaji#2369

Suryaaji#2369 Well-Known Member

Finally some good news for us American Freight Enthusiasts!!!
    So, my prediction the route gonna be released on April 14th, since every other route release date are always Thursday a week before the release date. But it could be wrong, well let's see.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Looking forward to this route.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Hurrah \o/

• Like Like x 2
  8. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Looking forward to Thursdays stream.

• Like Like x 2
  9. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

It seems that way based on past releases. April 14th it may be? Maybe announced next Thursday with a pre-order discount.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good!

But seriously - recently got Cane Creek in a sale and while that route has some really stunning pieces, it is A MESS throughout on all fronts - scenery, bugs and the stock - the UP AC44 is probably the worst looking loco I've seen in the game (and they started with a perfectly fine SPG model). So here I hope the time they took with this one will make it a great route as HSC is one of my favourites of US freight routes.

• Like Like x 2
  11. BlaringHorn

BlaringHorn Well-Known Member

How many months was this delayed? Hopefully they put that "extra time" to good use. Nevertheless, I'll wait for the reviews...

12. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

5 months

13. Suryaaji#2369

It is originally scheduled for released at around early to mid February, so it safe to say that this route delayed for 2 months now.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

What is so exciting about this route? Does it add more train layer in game? Is it going to be a scenic route with wonderful scenery? What train set run on this line, and is it a full route?

15. Suryaaji#2369

https://live.dovetailgames.com/live...527.1369170631.1648817008-47358232.1648816966

Hope it help you to understand the importance of the route, especially for us American Freight Route Enthusiast.

16. redrev1917

No American freight service is full route, it would take hours to complete cover vast distances with little to do and cost a fortune to develope, without even considering the file size.

The horse shoe curve is one of the most famous curves in the world and a railfans wet dream. With bi directional running and slower heavier trains being over taken by express freight as they struggle up the steep climb (1.8%) If done well this route should offer something special with the ability to see the tail of your train heading in the opposite direction once you pass around the 180 curve.

• Like Like x 2
  17. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

I am going to have to wait until the review are in? As long as this route is good i will think about getting it, other than that i am more of a American Passenger Route Enthusiast, but we will see, only the review is what i will depend on:cool:

18. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  19. BlaringHorn

To put it "bluntly", if you aren't interested/like American freight routes, chances are you won't care for this one either? It's an acquired taste, some people hate "slowly" trundling up and down mountains and through valleys and canyons with a heavy freight train, but I love it. :love:

That reminds me of the Soldier Summit on Train Simulator. I haven't played Train Simulator much compared to TSW, but I really enjoyed that route and so wish it would come to TSW (and with Rio Grande, this game needs more "fallen flags"). Sigh...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  20. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  21. Ighten

Ighten Member

Im very meh about the old TS20xx version and the new trainz version looks and sounds good so this better tick every box - does this mean though we will have yet another version of the same loco as surely they will add more safety features - or am i getting my engines mixed up

22. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

Anyone gonna mention that Matt isn’t going to be on the preview stream? He’s usually there for every single preview stream out there. But not this one, I guess. Interesting.

• Like Like x 2
  23. redrev1917

It's a third party route and Matt is on Tuesdays roadmap, so I don't read anything into not being on Thursday as well. I would have liked to have seen Jamie on it as a 3rd person. But then I'd like to see Jamie on more TSW streams full stop. That's not a slight on JD at all mind.

24. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

It's in the wrong era for my taste. Should be a '50's route like the superb TSC version. Much more interesting 4 track road and far more interesting locos and rolling stock. Plus the opportunity for some steam dlc down the line.
    But I'll keep an open mind. It is what it is.
    If the initial reviews are good, I might bite.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2022
  25. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Its an iconic famous route. The TS version was top, but in an other era.

With the mods i enjoy cane creek, alot, even if sh managed to create an epic fail out of a working solid 4000cw due bogies still the worng way turned around. I think fans would be more disapointed if the curve would be in bad quality than a uranium dump in the desert. Back in production was THE perfect decision, had a lot of criticism even from the first 5 pics.

My personal advice to Skyhook:
    NS.jpg

Last edited: Apr 2, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  26. redrev1917

Cane Creek even without mods is a fun drive as a first route I think was a decent standard. Of course we expect a higher standard 2nd time around, but unless there's a glaring game breaking bug in the preview streams I'll be preordering itnno doubt.

27. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

I have to highly disagree here - got the route recently (I think they made one patch for it already, right?) and it definitely is far from decent. It gets a couple of things super right, but most others super wrong. Apart from about 3 miles from Moab the nearest trackside scenery is tragic (why were they scared of putting anything within 5 meters of the track most of the time???), floating rocks, that one weird asset of rocks that is ALWAYS placed completely wrong, plants glowing in some specific month and all that before even getting to the locos.

(spoiler tag for pictures to be collapsed and not take up too much space)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Especially the AC4400 is really bad - bogie wrong way around, even wrong shape (missing frame on one end, missing stabilizers, missing sanders and sander pipes), railings clipping with ladders, really low detail steps, candy corn exhaust, UP flag clipping with top stripe, etc.

But... yeah... when you take SD70 instead and go through the truly well-made section WITH trackside scenery at the correct month set, it looks great. But is that enough? With so many conditions and the DLC loco completely replaced?
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  28. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

It’s going to need to show off something unique and different to make my wallet pay full price . If it’s Sherman with a different livery and slightly different cab I’ll likely stay closed until I’ve seen SOS

• Like Like x 2
  29. Suryaaji#2369

I don't think it's Sherman with different livery, Sherman got EMD SD70ACe, and HSC got GE ES44AC, so of course it's not just a repaint from existing locos.

30. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

Though the same can't be said for the GP38 that'll be included. May look different on the outside compared to the other GP38s, but it is still 'reused' from the original, same model but with different details added in (and not to mention a new horn for the NS version as well).

Last edited: Apr 2, 2022
  31. Suryaaji#2369

I kinda have the same feeling for the Geeps, form every other Norfolk Southern roster, why they choose a GP38-2, even worst, the low short hood ones? I mean it could be the high-hood ones if the second engine is a Geeps to give us more variety and driving experience.

32. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

I keep holding out hope that we will get a Clinchfield high-nose GP7 (or 9). But on a modern route? I suspect even NS has few if any Geeps left that haven't been cut down.

• Like Like x 1
  33. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Supposedly 59 GP38s and 10 SD40s with high hoods are in active NS roster

34. BlaringHorn

That, and the General Electric U36C they did for Train Sim as well. There's still so much potential for that route...

And BTW, Clinchfield only had a single GP9 according to a book I have, and GP7 was the one that came with the route in TS as well.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  35. mike71089zeon

mike71089zeon Member

I want to be excited for this route but I’m struggling to. It’s nice getting NS finally and a line I’ve visited many times. At the same time though it seems like every US freight route thats made involves climbing a steep grade. I understand they have to make a product that will sell but there’s plenty of interesting freight lines that don’t involve mountains and grades.

• Like Like x 2
  36. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

With threads like this one, it's surprising that anyone wants to make a route for TSW2, including DTG.

• Like Like x 2
  37. redrev1917

Ive decided to judge every route on merit and base my decision solely on my personal views based off the preview stream. Too often Ive not purchased routes based on reviews and comments on here, then when Ive picked it up at a later date regretted not purchasing earlier.

Only the die hard haters would argue that Rivet havent made improvements and large strides forwards in terms of quality. Given that that and the fact that this has been held back and reworked I'm courtiously optomistic that we will see improvement from Skyhook as well. Whether theres enough improvement to warrent a day 1 purchase remains to be seen and will be a personal choice, but just to discount a route (or conversely prepurchase) given the developers past work is just closed minded IMO.

• Like Like x 3
  38. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Agree. I’m not massively sold on yet another train that looks the same but allegedly behaves different but I will watch quietly and decide thereafter

39. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

The state of the 187 wont affect my purchais of hc. If the stream is convincing, skyhook gets full price at day 1.

• Like Like x 2
  40. Suryaaji#2369

Well, that's the challenge, to maintain control of the train during the climb and running down the grade.
    If the track is extremely flat, there's no challenge in it, just drive it @ 60 mph for a long time, it would be boring experience.

• Like Like x 4