Train Sim World 2 - Roadmap Update 5th April 2022

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, Apr 5, 2022.

1. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm missing some obvious detail, but I see no sun shining, just the headlights

• Like Like x 7
  2. Noel06

Noel06 Well-Known Member

When it does say, a new german route is being developed by DTG, I hope one of these will be coming to Train Sim World 2:

- Schnellfahrstrecke Stuttgart-Mannheim
    - S Bahn / U Bahn Frankfurt (Main)
    - Bahnstrecke Köln-Duisburg
    - Bahnstrecke Mannheim-Frankfurt (Main)
    - Geislinger Steige: Stuttgart-Ulm

And these trains:

- ICE 1
    - ICE 2
    - ICE 4
    - Siemens Vectron Loco
    - Br 462 (RRX)

• Like Like x 10
  3. WonterRail

WonterRail Well-Known Member

So Horseshoe Curve is now available for pre-order on Steam, just a few interesting insights in the description of the route:

Route Length
    Total route length will be 58 miles (93 km), around 1 mile longer than Sand Patch Grade in total trackage, with the noteworthy thing being the addition of the branch down to Windber from South Fork (Which probably means the coal mine down there will also be included.

But the real interesting thing from the description is the freight cars that will be included. I've put the list down below with what I think are the new freight cars highlighted in bold.

Will be fascinating to see which of these freight cars we will also see over on Harlem Line as it was said that some would be appearing as static stock over on that route

Steam page: https://store.steampowered.com/app/...e_Altoona__Johnstown__South_Fork_Route_AddOn/

• Like Like x 3
  4. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

That's light from the headlight.

5. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

So they move to a monthly roadmap and we only get news that we somewhat already knew about. Not much really new on this roadmap and if the intent was to provide more news, this roadmap doesn't really do that. None of the upcoming dlc's really interest me and even if they did, I am not buying anymore dlc's from this company anymore until the ongoing issues in this game are resolved. I hope this stream won't be another pr stunt but will also not to sweep players complaints under the rug and give us answers on why the same issues keep persisting despite dtg saying that they don't want to repeat mistakes. Why do clear as day bugs such as AI M7As not having their passenger lights on somehow get missed. Why did say they wanted to focus on detail in the Harlem line yet there are missing landmarks, inaccurate pis, missing logos on station signs, missing propulsion sounds on the m7a in the rear 4-6 cars, clipping scenery and various other issues? That shouldn't have been the case and it seems like executives just rushed the route out.

How will DTG improve quality consistently because DTG is very inconsistent when it comes to quality of routes. Players shouldn't have to guess if a route will be good quality or not. Every route should have good quality consistently.

How will dtg improve there beta and qa process because it seems many issues seem to pass qa and we end up effectively paying to be beta testers and have issues in the final product. That is unacceptable and needs to change once and for all. No product will be bug free but the way recent content has released has just been bizarre and some issues shouldn't have been missed and released in the first place. When even some players who have defended dtg in the past are not getting frustrated, that shows that this game has a serious problem

Last edited: Apr 5, 2022
    • Like Like x 9
  6. tallboy7648

Also why announce that a new german route is in development if you don't even have a name for the route or any info to share? That doesn't make sense. It would make sense to announce something that you actually have news about

• Like Like x 3
  7. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

COULD be a in game teaser for a potential Steam Loco DLC after SoS

• Like Like x 1
  8. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Biggest concern I have over the limited screenshoots of HSC is that none of them show multiple trains on the curve at the same time.

• Like Like x 1
  9. tallboy7648

Perhaps more screenshots will be shown with multiple trains on the curve or once there are livestreams of the route

10. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

1. Because even if we don't know what it is, we know that something is in development (it's being worked on, therefore it's on the roadmap). People have been complaining that there is nothing on the roadmap indicating any first party content is in development besides SoS and preservation stuff, so DTG is throwing a bone.
    2. Because DTG wants to avoid another Riesa-Dresden situation where they announce more than they can deliver on. As time progresses and they become more certain of the extent of the route, details will be filled in.

Cheers

• Like Like x 12
  11. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Given they've said a new German route is coming but not named it, to me means they've not decided on the length of that route yet. They don't want to say it's A to D then down the line we find out they cut it down to A to C. That's understandable but their always changing the "rules of the roadmap". Honestly, I'd rather they said nothing, the roadmap isn't the place to announce new routes according to DTG, yet they've said a new route is coming, on the roadmap..

Expect nothing and DTG won't disappoint.

• Like Like x 4
  12. tallboy7648

Well then DTG can announce the route when they are certain what the route will be. That's not hard to do at all. Also if DTG have no news on a new dlc, there is no point in announcing a new dlc if they have no news

• Like Like x 2
  13. trainsimgaming1001

trainsimgaming1001 Well-Known Member

I think it is a bit early to expect, considering we have only recently found out about what UK route we are getting, and it does not look like it is releasing any time soon.

• Like Like x 1
  14. tallboy7648

Well wouldn't it make sense then to announce something when there is 100% certainty on what will be made. That really isn't difficult to do in my opinion

• Like Like x 2
  15. redrev1917

Given that they havent even provided the code for the new German route, Im wondering if this is going to another steam route.

I really hope thats not the case. Dont get me wrong I realise Im not everyone but from a selfish perspective I dont want to see a glut of steam routes and little to no diesel/electric routes released over the coming months.

• Like Like x 5
  16. Callum B.

Then close your eyes, cover your ears, and pretend they didn't say anything. Problem solved.

And they did have news to announce: that they are working on a new German DLC.

Cheers

• Like Like x 3
  17. trainsimgaming1001

trainsimgaming1001 Well-Known Member

Dovetail, at the current moment, are making loads of German and US Routes, but none of them are heavily requested. We asked for a US Passenger Route, we got Sherman Hill. We asked for Koln Missing Link, we got Dresden - Chemnitz. We asked for an Editor. We got a Livery Editor.

• Like Like x 3
  18. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

If you read my quote you'll see I agree. :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Callum B.

People have been asking for US freight too, and specifically Sherman Hill. This "we" you are speaking of is not as unilateral as you portray. Besides, Harlem was just released.

Cheers

• Like Like x 13
  20. redrev1917

What was Harlem if not a US passenger route?

• Like Like x 6
  21. tallboy7648

Ok what you said is just silly. Pretending that something wasn't said makes zero sense. Also they have no news to announce on this "new" german route . There is no information on this german dlc so it doesn't make sense to announce something that you have no information on. That just doesn't make sense. It's better to say nothing if you have no news on potential or upcoming content. That is just common sense

• Like Like x 1
  22. tallboy7648

You mean content that your not interested in? Players want alot of things and they can be things that you may not like. DTG won't always make things that you want.

Also the Harlem line was a passenger route but it's better to get the route when it's on sale

• Like Like x 4
  23. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

No further progress on Spirit of Steam on the Roadmap which means at least another month before we get any more info regarding a release date. I'll be surprised if we get it before Summer, I'm glad the US and Germany are getting numerous releases but just give us UK fans something to look forward to that's not Spirit of Steam, Please.

• Like Like x 8
  24. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

I agree with you, they've basically said, we are working on a route but can't say anything more. If they just waited until they had more information then people would have been none the wiser. They're probably just fed up of people moaning about no new routes and what they've given people is something else to moan about.

• Like Like x 2
  25. orb

orb Well-Known Member

Except for what's been removed from the roadmap due to completion, there doesn't seem to be anything much revealing on how far away are other listed things. We only can expect release of the Horseshoe Curve next week, but we don't learn about it from the roadmap, but from a separate article about it.

I'm not much interested in watching the stream after reading it and I'm not looking forward to the next month's roadmap, either, like I was when I was reading the old format.

• Like Like x 2
  26. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Yes, that would work but personally I would prefer the east side of the river to Rudesheim, over the river from Bingen, only because I have been there and really enjoyed. Although I also went to Boppard which is on the west side so, yes, either would be good. It would be nice to model the Bopparder Hamm, a river curve to match the Horseshoe Curve on the railway.

I feel that the Mosel has the most beautiful scenery though and a great tunnel en route

• Like Like x 1
  27. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Where?

28. solicitr

You just got Boston-Providence and Harlem Line. Sheesh.

There aren't that many US passenger lines they can do, unless they can get a license deal with one of the major commuter systems like MARC or SEPTA. Doing Amtrak outside an urban commuter network would be a snooze-fest, as Amtrak typically only runs two or 4 trains per day (sometimes less) over any given route.

People have asked for all sorts of German routes. Personally, I have asked for a Lamborghini Gallardo, and Morena Baccarin as my girlfriend. Well, as the great philosopher Jagger wrote, "You can't always get what you want."

And the route editor is off the table, so you can stop asking for it and save yourself some breath.

• Like Like x 3
  29. solicitr

If DTG want to maintain the validity of "If it's not on the roadmap...", then whatever they are currently working on needs to be mentioned in the roadmap.

• Like Like x 4
  30. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

DTG can you at least give us a hint where the new German route is going to take place in?

• Like Like x 1
  31. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

They prolly can't also you legit just tagged an random person

• Like Like x 1
  32. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

I mean it’a not exactly surprising to see such laughably vague info from DTG.

There’s no way that all they know is they’re making a German route.

• Like Like x 3
  33. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

This is really good. We desperately need more freight rolling stock.

• Like Like x 1
  34. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

I thought DTG said if they had no concrete information on route they would not mention it, seems strange to me that they would mention it.

I can't watch the stream untill later but after what you said I won't bother. They didn't address any of the outstanding issues? Did they answer any questions?

Is anyone detecting a changing in policy from DTG? They don't seem to be interacting with the player base anymore, especially in terms of bugs whether it console or PC. Is this why they moved Sam away from the Roadmap because he would get under their skin a little me too much for their liking?

DTG made a song and dance about the order of release of the Preserve updates, so where isn't there an updated list? IMO the information you are giving out doesn't inspire me to buy any DLC, even in a sale.

• Like Like x 2
  35. Suryaaji#2369

Suryaaji#2369 Well-Known Member

Wohooo HSC is coming next Tuesday!!! Can't wait to dig my pocket. :cool:

36. Irish Train sim

Irish Train sim Well-Known Member

Well, of course not…

• Like Like x 1
  37. solicitr

What they said was that they would say only what is concrete. What is concrete is that they are working on a German route. They do not want to make the Riesa-Dresden mistake, of announcing things before they are cast in cement.

• Like Like x 9
  38. Kangaroo Conductor

Kangaroo Conductor Well-Known Member

I see this as direct response to the current trend of complaining about not having enough content on the roadmap.

It has been said many, many times before. Scope changes, locos and rolling stock changes; they just don't want to promise anything they can't keep.

• Like Like x 5
  39. tallboy7648

But again then they should announce something when they are 100% certain that it will be made as intended. If they are not certain, then they don't announce it. It's not hard to repeat the same mistake again so using the "they do not want to make the riesa-dresden mistake" is not a excuse

• Like Like x 1
  40. solicitr

Which would mean saying nothing until 2 weeks before release.

• Like Like x 6
  41. tallboy7648

Not really but ok. Dlc's have been announced and they haven't released two weeks after they have been announced and the scopes haven't changed. Riesa Dresden was the only one. It's not hard to not repeat the mistake again. If they have no news on a dlc, don't announce it. There is nothing wrong with that

• Like Like x 1
  42. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

I didn’t mention anything regarding the content of the roadmap, only the route announcement.

The rest of your comment is pretty funny, to be honest, do you really think DTG don’t know what era they are going to set the route in? Or the style of gameplay? I don’t think changing scope is as aggressive as changing the era or going from express passenger to slow freight.

The fact is that if all DTG actually know is that they’re making a “German Route” then they probably shouldn’t announce that, because, to align with your thinking, who’s to say they won’t change their mind and make a US or UK route instead.

• Like Like x 1
  43. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

I didn't think it was possible, but DTG managed to find an even worse roadmap format. This one is too cluttered with stuff that does not belong on a roadmap. The HSC, TSG and Mastery pictures should be in an article on their own, one each. Putting them in a roadmap is pointless and confusing. Maybe it was done to try and hide the lack of "meat" in the roadmap itself...

• Like Like x 6
  44. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Pretty much.

If you take out the DTL & HSC articles that are within in it, nothing really has changed, just a lot of the usual no progress yet. Whilst I don’t expect to see something big every 4 weeks, this is the expectation you set by doubling the length between roadmaps.

The roadmap never really was a roadmap, more of a devblog, but considering it was 2 weekly, it wasn’t such an issue to see no changes. Seeing 4 weekly “no notable progress” lists is going to get pointless pretty fast, what the roadmap needs to be is a roadmap, DTG set out what they plan to do over a length of time, then use devblogs and articles to provide the progress when it’s there.

• Like Like x 3
  45. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

Well, I suspect they do not know the length or perhaps what branches will be included yet. Without knowing that for certain you cannot really announce the name or specific location of a route as that will set expectations.

For example (using UK because that's where my knowledge is) if they decided to add the Great East Main Line to the game then announcing the route as the Great Eastern Main Line with no further details will be setting people up for disappointment as without additional context that could imply anything from only running to Shenfield or something to the full length of the route. So announcing the name of the route does not make sense until those parameters are settled.

But the fact is they are working on a German route. Perhaps they don't know the exact location yet, perhaps the length of the route is still in question. Either way, the options are that we know that they are working on the route, or we don't.

At the end of the day, in any situation I would prefer to know they are for certain working on a route than to not know until the details are ready to be shared.

• Like Like x 2
  46. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

hmm imagine its a place holder just so that we can get off their back, lets just hope this is the right move from them, that we will see a surprise route that have not been done in any of their game before, but i highly doubt that.;):D:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  47. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

I didn’t set an expectation for specifics other than Era (not year), and route orientation (passenger/freight), basically the route code system that DTG are playing hot and cold with.

I’m just not on board with whichever way they’re going with this, if it’s a case of all they know is they want to make a German Route, then it’s not really a route announcement. If they do know more (highly likely), then they need to announce more detail (as above).

Since it’s Germany we can fortunately all but guarantee it will be modern and come with Dosto’s, but if this was a US or UK route, the era and gameplay would be up in the air.

This ‘route announcement’ is basically just DTG saying they’re making more DLC, which we know already.

If all they can announce is “German Route” then they shouldn’t be announcing it.

• Like Like x 2
  48. Tank621

Well, era isn't necessarily easy to nail down at an early stage, if licensing situations change or cannot be achieved as initially intended (see IoW in which the NSE liveries were not the original intent).

All things considered, does it really matter that much, I mean for me, knowing something is preferable to knowing nothing at all.

• Like Like x 1
  49. tallboy7648

And what's the matter about knowing nothing about a upcoming dlc if there is effectively no news on the dlc?

• Like Like x 2
  50. Tank621

Well exactly, it's a complete non-issue. Personally I thought there were much bigger issues to be worrying about than being the apparent criminality of us being told that a new German route is in the works.

Complaining that you don't want to be told about something seems incredibly strange and ultimately pointless. It makes no detriment to any of us to have this information even if it does lack details.

Complaints of of bugs, crashes, incorrect details etc are one thing but complaining about this is just trivial. Whatever floats your boat, I guess.

• Like Like x 5