Train Sim World 2 - Harlem Line!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG JD, Mar 17, 2022.

1. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

At least on TS2022, they made somewhat of an attempt to model Yankee Stadium....
    Screenshot_Hudson Line_40.82798--73.93309_12-00-09.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

Actually believe it or not, the Empire State Building does indeed exist in the game, though the best way I can describe it is pretty much a group of blocks arranged in a certain way that mimics the look of the famous landmark.
    I don't think it's visible from Park Avenue, but if you go to Grand Central and take a camera around that turn-around loop, it's possible to glitch the camera outside and take a look to the south to get a glimpse of it.
    Though, unfortunately I didn't think to take a screenshot of it. Maybe next time :D

Given that there isn't a non-glitchy way to view these things, I believe these landmarks are used during route building to help orient the artists and refernce their positions relative to other points on the map, as opposed to having a fully modeled and fully textured asset. I think this also explains why Yankees Stadium is also represented by a small baseball diamond, rather than a full-fledge model.

• Like Like x 1