Harlem Line Trains Get Stuck

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by space_ace96, Apr 2, 2022.

Tags:
  1. space_ace96

space_ace96 Active Member

Anyone else have the issue on some timetable runs in Harlem Line of AI trains getting bunched up at a signal ahead of you despite the block ahead of them being completely empty? I could see if they were waiting for another train to pass them, but these are spots with no crossovers. Just now on service 502 with the M7A, I pulled up just South of Melrose to a train in front of me stuck on the express track and two more right after the other stuck on the slow track with a third about half a mile behind. It's happened to me on about 50% of GCT bound services I've driven and had to eventually quit out of them. I know this can happen in some DLC if you run services back to back to often, but this is happening right out of the gate. Anyone else have this or find a fix?

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

The first thing that comes to mind, and it may not be relevant, did you do a save before this?

3. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Its not happened to me (yet), but theres been loads of posts on the forum and social media from players who have experienced this issue on numerous services.

I have seen zero response or acknowledgement from DTG regarding the issue. Which in fairness to them is unusual.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Felix Costa

Felix Costa Member

It's a very odd behavior.
    I'm on PC and had this issue with some services (2 or 3 by now) when starting on foot or in timetable mode direct.
    But in journey mode It's all working fine at the moment.

5. space_ace96

Nope didn't save, just picked the service from the timetable menu

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sharon E

Which services have caused this with you? So far, I have not encountered this issue in running Harlem. I would like to do some of the ones causing this so I can see how it reacts on my machine.

7. space_ace96

The only one I specifically remember is 502 just south of Melrose.

8. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

There are two really good services I know that lock up with AI when I launch in them on PC, but work well when you spawn on foot and take them over:

Train 2325 GCT to Crestwood at 07:28.
    Spawn at GCT at 07:25 and go west to track 40.

Train 2519 GCT to North White Plains at 08:40
    Spawn on foot at GCT at 08:35 and head over over to track 23 and take the service over.

Both are excellent runs.

9. Felix Costa

Felix Costa Member

Believe it or not train 2325 I got stuck while leaving GCT. There is two trains blocking each other on the same track.
    But I should tried it again to see how it does know.
    I'll check 2519 to see.
    I'm on PC too but on Epic. This is very odd!

10. subwayvaughn

subwayvaughn Active Member

I've experienced the same issue with several schedules. The one I remember off the top of my head is 512 06:63 North White Plains - GCT Local Service. I've also collided into trains loading at stations because of incorrect signal displays. I'm not exactly knowledgeable of MN's signal system but I'm pretty sure a signal should be red and not green or yellow when a train is ahead.

• Like Like x 1
  11. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

The ATC system controls that in cab. Trackside signals display only red or green. You are speed controlled by ATC which will allow multiple trains in a single block, but will restrict you to 15mph when doing so. At that point, it becomes really fun: you are on your own to avoid collisions.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Sharon E

I have not yet run any of these, so will do so later today and see what happens.

13. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

That’s not a bug necessarily. If a train is front of you, you won’t get a red signal, but will be instructed in cab to slow down and to stop when you see the other train.

14. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

if I understand correctly, a flashing green signal indicates, follow the ATC instructions and cab signaling.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Sharon E

That is correct.

16. Sharon E

I just ran 502 without any issues. I will run some of the other noted later.
    bandicam 2022-04-06 12-43-27-899.jpg

17. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Remarkable and admirable adherence to the speed limits!

• Like Like x 3
  18. Sharon E

Service 2325 GCT to Crestwood makes it almost to the end then encounters a red just over 900 yd short. I used the free roam camera to see what gives and found 8 trains headed to GCT backed up. As you can see the first train in the line is stopped past that signal. bandicam 2022-04-06 13-58-09-011.jpg

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  19. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Harlem Line timetable / AI dispatcher / is randomly broken / buged / or something worse. You are not alone. BR o7

• Like Like x 1
  20. MAX1319

MAX1319 Well-Known Member

I have run into this issue and also have seen multiple trains coupled together sometimes even 3.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Matt said on stream last night that the issue causing this has been identified and a fix is in testing. Hopefully it’ll fix it because I really want this route.

• Like Like x 2
  22. RynoHawk

RynoHawk Member

Metro North runs a tight schedule that allows two or more trains in a signal block at the same time. You will usually only see red lights at junctions. The in cab signal system is the primary system you are to follow.

N ( Normal)= follow the posted (in cab) speed.
    60 ( Not used in game).
    L (Limited)= 45 mph or posted speed if below 45.
    M (Medium)= 30 mph or posted speed if below 30.
    R (Restricted)= 15 mph or posted speed if below 15 and look out for another train ahead.
    S (Stop)= Stop, as you’re getting close to a train or red signal. Train will stop itself if exceeding (I think, and only if safety systems are activated) 3mph but not under, so be careful if under as you can SPAD or couple to the train ahead.

With safety systems activated, same applies but you will be penalty stopped for exceeding speed or not slowing down fast enough. There is another light and the alarm silences once you apply sufficient brake to slow down in time. You need to slow down to below speed I usually notice. Slowing down and releasing brake right on speed limit sometimes can result in a penalty brake to my experience.

As for the traffic jam and red light issues, I had multiple issues on PS in journey and time table runs. I had only one on a journey on PC but completed on second go. I haven’t run a timetable yet. Fingers crossed they fix very soon.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

It would be nice if DTG gave us this news on the forums, because I'm not the stream, because I don't speak English.
    All I can read here is thanks to you and Goggle translate, but rarely DTG, which doesn't give a damn about its customers.

• Like Like x 2
  24. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

Yesterday, I took my train to the busy section for the first time. ATC worked smoothly and slowed me down in time. I haven't noticed a problem with the signaling yet.