New German Route - Let's Speculate!

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by matinakbary, Apr 6, 2022.

1. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

So a new german route has been annouced and we know nothing more than that.

Okay, we do know that it won't have anything to do with steam, as Nat said yesterday. But apart from "new german route" there is no route code - so no information about decade. And that's interesting - while we can be sure it won't be anything before 60/70s, it could still be a route set in the past. Maybe early 90 in the time of the Bundesbahn? Not impossible, as DTG has the Bundesbahn logo license and it wouldn't demand that many new assets in general, as modern germany doesn't look that different from the 90tho :D

So what do you think? What point in time is realistic (apart from modern-ish)? What route could it be?

• Like Like x 2
  2. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

TBH I have no idea about what route it could be, I can see the appeal of both another route in the usual Rhine-Ruhr/Köln/Dresden area, or starting to open up more routes from Munich or even a completely new region.

I just hope it comes with some good new trains, at least BRD level, but please not another BR185 or 146.2

• Like Like x 5
  3. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Neither any 143's
    Dostos
    363's

• Like Like x 3
  4. Trenomarcus

Trenomarcus Well-Known Member

Dostos will be included, my bet :D

• Like Like x 8
  5. Jonne1184

Jonne1184 Well-Known Member

This thread drifting from a new route speculation into a wishlist dump in 3... 2... 1... oh nevermind already happened.

Now on topic, maybe we have already been given clues which we have not found yet. I am thinking about something of the likes of the ticket which gave us the first letter of the new route code.

• Like Like x 7
  6. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

What I would *like* it to be...
    Rhine Valley Koln to Koblenz (or how far 90km takes you).
    Koln to Trier via Gerolstein (or how far 90km takes you).
    Schwerte to Bestwig/Winterberg/Brilon - Obereruhrtalbahn - (or how far 90km takes you).
    Kempten to Garmisch via Reutte in Tyrol.
    Kempten to Ulm.
    Kempten to Lindau.
    Altenbeken to Ottbergen/Gottingen (famous from Zusi 2).
    Northeim - Bad Harzburg - Braunschweig.

All set pre 1990 to eliminate modern Karts and Dostos.

• Like Like x 2
  7. matinakbary

To make it more specualtive than a wishlist - i guess it will follow the pattern that at least one major station in germany is built. But most of the really big one's are actually in TSW. Frankfurt and Stuttgart is what i can think of that is missing. And both are somewhat unrealistic as Frankfurt is probably too much to handle for last gen console and Stuttgart in reality is a pure mess, yet better possible than Frankfurt.

Or they do follow their other pattern, which has happend for Hagen and and Dresden: Reusing on big station. I doubt we'll have a third Dresden route. So something like Munich-Rosenheim or Munich-Garmisch could be done. Or Köln-Koblenz/Köln-Düsseldorf. Or perhaps Hamburg towards south, maybe Ülzen. Or even going to Hannover.

We're still somewhat in a pandemic situation, so it's maybe still more likely to see TS-routes again in TSW. The last few routes (Sherman Hill, Horseshoe Curve, the RH-Routes) have also been built in TS.

8. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Just as a guess, but a vaguely-informed guess:

DTG released the 612 with Chemnitz, meaning they had to learn to model tilting tech. Now that they've done that, it would make a lot of sense to follow up with the ICE-T: a train which also has recyclability, a feature to which DTG are addicted.
    Now which possible routes match matinakbary's criteria and have ICE-T services? I know Munich-Garmisch does.

• Like Like x 11
  9. Jonne1184

Jonne1184 Well-Known Member

With all the last routes, we have seen a trend of only adding one loco / MU per route. Now assuming this will continue, we either get a very rural line, which is only operated by one type of train (most likely DMU), or something which is able to make use of a majority of what we already have. That would more or less rule out something set in the past, as while we do have older locomitives available, the corresponding rolling stock is missing.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Swisstrains

Swisstrains Well-Known Member

My guess would be Cologne Wuppertal to get the missing link between the Rhein-Ruhr routes. I think it won’t be something in Munich, since we already had the problem with this big station in the past.
    What I would like to see would be Karlsruhe-Mannheim or Freiburg-Basel with the Br193; I would love to get a route with a ton of freight! And Karlsruhe-Mannheim even is has a partly separated high speed line… On those routes you could roughly use everything we have in TSW2 for Germany right now.

But let’s just check up: Where have we seen hints for new routes by DTG so far? As far as I can remember only on the ticket machine on DRA; or did I miss something?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ravi

Ravi Well-Known Member

My speculation is that, it will be Nuremberg to Regensburg set in modern times. About typical length for a DTG route, 113 KMs or so and has Regio DB and also ICE services. A good mixture of nature and urban sceneries along the route. An hour and 3 minutes for RE services and 49 minutes for ICE services.

• Like Like x 1
  12. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

Personally would love to see Hamburg - Hannover come over to TSW2 but I imagine that to be too long a route for the time being.

Another German high speed route would be nice. Been a while since we’ve had one of those. I don’t know their network well so wouldn’t know which ones we are missing!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

Boston Sprinter wasn't a TS route, also while Horseshoe Curve existed it wasn't set in present day like in TSW, and they're doing a new branch as well, so a lot of new research had to be done for it. Also why exclude the likes of West Cornwell and Harlem Line, or even Spirit of Steam? None of those exist in TS Classic as DLC to my knowledge.

Not saying it couldn't be based on something that already exists, but there's also nothing that says it has to be one either. The Spirit of Steam discussions made extremely similar predictions, and they ultimately were proven to be way off base.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  14. heliq

heliq Active Member

Berlin - Paris may be? =)

15. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

As I said at 10.50am on the next DLC thread, I would like something along the Rhine. I cannot see reason for another thread about new DLC, matinakbary.

Listening to the RoadMap stream, I do feel that DTG should be working to fix all the bugs before releasing another new route that maybe will have bugs as well.

Good to have pre-order discount again, but if you wait until the summer sales the discount will be massive. I would rather see a bigger pre-order discount and no future discounts,

Last edited: Apr 6, 2022
  16. CowBoyWolf

Way too long

17. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

Y’know, this would be a lot more fun if DTG started posting little hint photos. Perhaps a screenshot of the route that vaguely hints at being a certain location.

TSW has had hints before, right? Like that image of a car with the license plate “SLB 1989” (hinting Saltburn set in 1989)?

• Like Like x 4
  18. solicitr

Having anything screen-shottable comes pretty late in the dev process. It's a good bet that right now this "German route" is just a bunch of grey geometric shapes.

• Like Like x 1
  19. gazz292

gazz292 Well-Known Member

something set in the 1980's, going past...say Krefeld,

has nothing to do with me growing up there, no deffo not that reason.

20. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

Perhaps, but considering the big announcements are apparently no longer going to be on the roadmaps, the full announcement stuff would likely come around whenever the route is finished/almost finished.

It’s been done before, I believe. I mentioned the Saltburn example, and I’m pretty sure Rhein-Ruhr Osten had its own hint as well. More recently, I know Rivet Games posted of shot of a part of the Isle of Wight before that was revealed.

• Like Like x 1
  21. solicitr

For similar reasons, having nothing whatsoever to do with me, all the criteria for route selection demand that the next German route be Murnau-Oberammergau with the BR 169.

• Like Like x 4
  22. matinakbary

That's actually a good one as they probably could recycle the Talent 2 for that route. Tho i really thought the ICE-T would be a great Loco-DLC for Dresden-Riesa, as we already have the ICE-layer in the route but "just" the wrong ICE.

• Like Like x 2
  23. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

I think the suggestion was meant to be ironic...

Now Wutachtalbahn, there's another one from TS (and Zusi 2) which could also lay the foundation for German steam.

• Like Like x 2
  24. CowBoyWolf

By the messages that the person has sent in the forum i think not

25. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

I have modern with Dostos and 143/146/185 traction on my bingo card.
    I just hope it's going to be something with more than five curves along the entire route. Historic route and trains would be great, but I don't believe it's going to happen.

26. archline

archline Active Member

Why not Düsseldorf Hbf to Köln Hbf? Two big city, 40km length, included S-Bahn, IC, ICE, RE services, There have LZB sections, has ICE1, ICE2, ICE3, ICE-T and BR101

• Like Like x 4
  27. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

If They are aiming for an international route possibilities are DB ÖBB Linz-Passau Innsbruck Garmisch the high-speed route is Innsbruck Rosenheim Salzburg Gnigl to HMA München Laim Hauptstrecke Salzburg München. In The Rhein-Ruhr L37 Aachen Liège
    L24 Tongren Aachen both routes can get DR BR132 layer from Ruhr-Sieg Nord
    Germany to Netherlands
    Hollandstrecke Duisburg Utrecht via Arnhem this one finally gives Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr busy traffic at Mülheim an Der Ruhr Styrum S3 Duisburg Hbf
    requires three voltage changes Zevenaar 1.5kv DC to 25kv 50hz then Emmerich Am Rhein 25kv 50hz to 15kv signaling system ATB EG NG Utrecht Zevenaar ETCS Zevenaar to Emmerich Am Rhein and PZB Emmerich Am Rhein to Duisburg Hbf via Oberhausen. 156 km Broken down as Arhnem Utrecht 57 km and 99km Duisburg Oberhausen Emmerich am Rhein Zevenaar Arnhem.
    Heneglo Osnabrück via Bad Bentheim (voltage change)
    Domestic German routes
    Berlin Elsterwerda (Can be merged with Nahverkehr Dresden if Großenhain Cottbuser Bahnhof to Elsterwerda is made)
    Hof Chemnitz via Werdau
    Bamberg Hof includes the Schiefe Ebene Ramp steam locomotive Depot is at Neuenmarkt

Last edited: Jul 3, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  28. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

I would like a modern route focused on heavy freight with a Siemens Vectron locomotive. I've been waiting for this locomotive for a long time. The German new route could be Decin - Dresden.

• Like Like x 3
  29. al.

al. Member

I´d like to see a route made out of Berlin, I guess through the city center would be too complex to model for TSW but something that uses the tunnel from Berlin central station down south should be feasible - perhaps down to Halle, Leipzig or just till Lutherstadt Wittenberg. Anyways i´d also be fine with any other route that would bring us another ICE type, preferably ICE 1, 4 or T...

• Like Like x 1
  30. driverwoods#1787

Berlin Dresden would have been done as Berlin Elsterwerda 121 km 76 mi and Elsterwerda Dresden via Großenhain. Basically making the fast line of Nahverkehr Dresden busy.

31. Aldarion

Aldarion Member

Kassel-Fulda
    although I would love if it was Bremen-Munster

32. driverwoods#1787

Bremen Munster is the Rollbahn.
    If they want something 1980s I'm guessing it's either Bebra Eisenach via Gerstungen or Braunschweig to Marienborn. Those two would have featured East German steam locomotives Rekolok. own both You will get Steam Services on Nahverkehr Dresden and Tharandter Rampe Dresden Chemnitz. Tharandter Rampe Chemnitz Hilbersdorf to Dresden Altstadt steam services. Will be available for Gen 9 consoles due to them using PC Timetable.

33. CrazyHorseyMan

CrazyHorseyMan Member

I think it is either the geman SOS route or something in Berlin. Personally i'd like to see an international rote, but probably won't happen anytime soon.

34. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

I see no reason they couldn't post early development screenshots as a teaser. It's not a uncommon practice for other developers to do, even a few TS Classic devs do it, Smokebox and Bossman for example.

35. matinakbary

No, it isn't. Nat already Said that yesterday.

36. grob-e

grob-e Well-Known Member

So, let's see what we know and what we somehow can exclude.

As Nat destroyed all wishful thinkings yesterday, it won't be something themed "Spirit of Steam". DTG has granted TSG privileges to build the BR 218. As TSG having their time to work on the BR 420, it seems that they don't work as second party on this project. So, I say, we won't see a steam loco, a BR 218 or a BR 232.

So, well, somehow I guess we won't see a diesel route if there will be no 218 or 232. (A diesel-route without these locos would be more in the scope of a third party).

So, well, we're back to electrified main lines, I fear. Not really sure, wdn't mentioned the code in the roadmap, maybe it would still have revealed some surprise by not being the typical DBB-R7-XX code...but well that's hypothetical. (Maybe a little chance, as Matt remarked in one stream that he is aware, that people get slightly annoyed of all the red locos in Germany)

By the way... what about the Karlsruhe-Straßbourg(Offenburg)-route they made last year for TS1? I, mean, the research is done, they probably can reuse the TGV, ICE3/ICE3M, 146.2, all freight locos done so far, and maybe a new ICE1 or ICE 4?

• Like Like x 1
  37. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

S-Bahn Berlin

38. CrazyHorseyMan

CrazyHorseyMan Member

Thanks! I did not watch the stream:). ​

• Like Like x 1
  39. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t say that. TSG did the Br 612 either while working on the G6 or at least while working on the Br 420. In fact, if you look at the last German releases, any new locos were either done by TSG or TSG was involved (Br 425, 407/403, 423, 363, 101, 612) whereas only the reworked locos (Talent 2, 146, 185, 143) were done by DTG all alone (even then, I recall Maik Goltz saying that he worked a little bit on the audio mix for the TRAXXs). I’m seeing a trend here of which I’m very much in favour of.

• Like Like x 4
  40. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Its time for the german counterpart of the pacer. DTG can even save time by required modeling only 1 Door & No coupling necessary. Finally a dlc, where the bare minimum represents 100% accuracy.

1.jpg

Just joking ;), looking forward to more german content. SKA with the expansion pack is an entire new experience, so i would also like more of the gameplay dlcs on top of the new routes.

• Like Like x 9
  41. driverwoods#1787

I actually made a suggestion on this the international section which is Appenweier-Strasbourg Railway with BB37000 SNCF Dual Voltage freight locomotive. Yard is Strasbourg Neudorf BB64000. On the German side Karlsruhe and Kehl Gbf. DB BR 185.0 another route that has the same set trains is Bahnstrecke Saarbrücken Metz. That one has Metz Woippy Triage where DB BR185.0 comes from Saarbrücken and Trier via Metz Trier Line.

42. Cyklisten

Cyklisten Well-Known Member

Finally a historic route! S-bahn Jungfernheide-Gartenfeld ;)

43. waltern#2574

waltern#2574 New Member

Hannover Hbf - Minden (Westf) (65km) + Hannover Linden/Fischerhof - Seelze (10km) before 2015
    BR 111 + Dosto - Regional Express (RE)
    BR 424 - S-Bahn
    BR 151, BR 189, BR 185 - cargo
    BR 401 - ICE 1

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  44. minka#2840

minka#2840 Member

I would apreciate a longer route where I can finally enjoy riding the BR101 Intercity.
    Leipzig Hbf- Berlin Hbf would be a bliss, but I don;t think it will happen this soon.
    Dresden - Hof could be interesting. Amazing bridges, urban and rural setting.
    Munich Hbf - Garmisch Hbf could be nice as well.
    Not looking forward to another route in NRW. I think we've got a few now in that area.

• Like Like x 2
  45. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Maybe, just maybe this could end up being the introduction of the famous Br 103? We already have some of the cars, just a bit of work is needed on them to make them era appropriate.

• Like Like x 1
  46. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

Hopefully it will be JustTrains debuting with S-Bahn Rhein-Main :)
    I will keep on dreaming ...

• Like Like x 2
  47. DTG Lukas

DTG Lukas Developer Staff Member

Not sure why I have to keep saying it
    S-Bahn Rhein Main was only published by Just Trains, but developed by Alterr and me. They don’t do German stuff

• Like Like x 4
  48. al.

al. Member

• Like Like x 2
  49. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

A '90s route would be nice, but I think unlikely, it's probably going to be modern, though looking at DTG's recent releases I expect it will also include something new, be it rolling stock wise or gameplay wise or both. I have good hopes it'll be good.

Then again, I would really, really like a '90s route aswell, the bundesbahn back then got nicknamed 'bunte bahn' for a reason, the sheeer variety in liveries and rolling stock just makes this era so interesting. Perhaps, one day...

• Like Like x 4
  50. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

That would be nice, but given that DTG (Matt) has consistently ruled out route extensions and that there's technical aspects still to over come with electric tilting trains. I think it's completely unrealistic for this at the current time.