Ts2018 Not Loading

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pompey4ever, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Pompey4ever

Pompey4ever New Member

Morning,

Yesterday my TS is failing to load and fail after the last screen shot with V62.8b Updating Scenario base...
    After that it closes and a window saying C:\TempDump\v62.8b.DMP
    I'm waiting to hear back from DoveTail.
    I run on 8.1 and keep drivers upto date and have plenty of memory, although I did upload more scenarios from workshop the previous day and didn't use Ts until yeterday when problem arose.

I've uninstalled from steam and re installed but still the same

Any ideas???

2. haanuman

haanuman New Member

Do you have a restore point at which it was working properly?

3. TrainSim-Luke

TrainSim-Luke Well-Known Member

I see in the duplicate thread on Steam that you have fixed the issue. Have you updated your support ticket to say this? I can let them know the problem's solved if you haven't.

4. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

I ran into this problem and started a thread in Steam (using a different account). The problem was resolved very quickly but the thread continued to grow and now has a lot of advice including an ingenious way of identifying the corrupt file if you can't spot it in the folders. It may be worth referring to for anyone who has this or similar issues:
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/24010/discussions/3/135510393194885346/

It's worth noting that there was probably nothing wrong with the scenario itself and that either the download or install process went wrong corrupting the file. These queries seem to pop up in batches suggesting an intermittent fault at Steam which is a shame since I think the Workshop is a great asset. For this reason I tend to subscribe to only a few scenarios at a time and for only one route- that way if something does go wrong I'll know which folder to look in.

5. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Another way is to access your subscribed workshop items via the Steam Client itself - I had subscribed to a workshop item and then had an internet failure - when I tried to start TS - it dumped - just went into the workshop via the steam client - listed my subscribed workshop items ( they are listed in chronological order) unsubscribed from the latest one and was once again happily running TS.

6. RickOsh

RickOsh New Member

It can't be stressed too much. Don't subscribe to or install too much at once. I know. Sometimes it's like being a kid in a candy store. "Gee that looks interesting." and "Oh I like the looks of that one." It's so easy to forget when you're looking at such a vast variety of neat stuff.
    I've broken that rule many times and so far I've been very lucky but I'me trying hard to follow that rule.

7. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

The other advice is do what companies do. Take a backup of your train sim folder prior to doing major updates. This way if something goes wrong you can restore back to your previous configuration and check your method of installing the new add ons