Rush Hour Passengers For London Commuter & Peninsula Corridor......

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by derailed#9363, Apr 3, 2022.

1. derailed#9363

derailed#9363 Member

Has any information been released regarding an update for rush hour passengers on the London Commuter & Peninsula Corridor routes?
    This is something that definitely needs to be implemented, for London Commuter we were meant to have this back in October but that never happened.
    For Peninsula Corridor considering the length of the route this should of been implemented sometime last year in my opinion, also speaking on the peninsula route, not only does the route need rush hour passengers it needs the rush hour timetable + PIS Boards.
    I also believe this should also be the case for the LIRR route, but it looks like DTG have just abandoned that route.

• Like Like x 1
  2. hottiewithabody

hottiewithabody New Member

Not anything specifically for Peninsula Corridor to my knowledge, I think they posted something about a London route that's fixed. Rush Hour/increased density is longgggg overdue for Peninsula Corridor, it's really unfortunate.

• Like Like x 1
  3. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

Rush hour passengers on the London Commuter is still on the roadmap. They will be coming ... some time

• Like Like x 1
  4. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

Needs to be sorted soon for London Commuter because if you are operating a London-Brighton or Brighton-London service the passengers all get out at Gatwick regardless of time of day and you end up driving empty trains.

• Like Like x 1
  5. johnmcglade30

johnmcglade30 Active Member

let them fix London commuter first
    and then after that we talked about the rush hour passengers

• Like Like x 5
  6. derailed#9363

derailed#9363 Member

Wow they haven’t even fixed the issue with the London commuter route? But they release new DLC often smh

• Like Like x 3
  7. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

This is a question around performance at this stage. There are issues on London Commuter performance we're trying to address first-up, before we implement anything else which is likely to impact performance.

It's not been forgotten, but there is a reason it's not been added just yet. I don't have a timeframe for you, but we'd rather be confident that the majority of players aren't seeing performance issues first up.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, unfortunately, those of us, and I'm sure there are many, who do not experience performance issues with BML or Pen Corridor, are unable to avail ourselves of these immersive Rush Hour features. Perhaps these features could be switchable instead of everybody being subject to the " lowest common denominator " policy. I don't mean to sound " beggar my neighbor " but I feel the game is being held back by this kind of strategy.

It's just in the nature of things that there will always be a wide spectrum of hardware among players. Most game software acknowledges this by offering selectable and/or slidable features. TSC does a better job in this regard than TSW.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  9. arek#2842

arek#2842 Well-Known Member

Features? I thought it's just one feature: Rush Hour passengers, which is nothing more but doubled (or more) number of passengers being spawn on stations. Is there something more? (no sarcasm here, I'm asking out of curiosity)

10. ildario77

ildario77 Well-Known Member

Over 1.000 services are useless. On PS4 they just kill the framerate. You should delete at least the shortest ones. I see no reason in keeping 9 minutes services in timetable mode.

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Rush Hour was meant to include enhanced rush hour timetables, working destination boards, variety in NPC's and, yes, heavier passenger density during rush hours. Implementation has been patchy on subsequent routes and vitually nonexistent for SFJ.

• Like Like x 2
  12. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

On other outstanding routes...

I believe (although I'd have to check) that the routes due Pres Crew updates on the Roadmap will see the Rush Hour Passengers added with their respective Preservation updates.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2022
  13. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

And so we'll have to deal with London-Brighton services dumping all their passengers at Gatwick Airport and then run empty to their destination for months then. Wonderful.

• Like Like x 4
  14. steveownzzz#6107

steveownzzz#6107 Well-Known Member

Believe it or not I’ve had a lot of crashing on peninsula corridor on PS5, specifically on the baby bullet while running baby bullet services… not sure if this issue is widespread but I’d think increasing passenger density would probably not help the crashing.

• Like Like x 2
  15. derailed#9363

derailed#9363 Member

Ok that’s cool, any chance of having a rush hour timetable for it as well?