Train Sim World: West Somerset Railway Coming Soon To Xbox One

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by TrainSim-Luke, Aug 24, 2018.

1. TrainSim-Luke

TrainSim-Luke Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

We're pleased to announce that the West Somerset Railway route for Train Sim World is coming soon to consoles! Explore the rolling hills, golden meadows and seaside views of Britain's longest heritage railway, from the controls of classic diesel locomotives.
    Arriving to consoles on September 11th!

• Like Like x 5
  2. wilhelmbusch

wilhelmbusch New Member

Wow, it looks amazing and I am really happy that we are also getting the stuff that the PC owners are getting. Does anyone know how much it will cost?

• Like Like x 1
  3. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

Any info if it will come alongside a patch for the other routes /core game?

• Like Like x 1
  4. British25stanley

British25stanley New Member

This looks flippin awesome can't wait I am so excited thank you dovetail games

• Like Like x 1
  5. MaryE

MaryE New Member

I've had XBOX ONE TSW for a little over a week now and I AM COMPLETELY ADDICTED!! Thank you Dovetail Games for releasing this new content so soon after releasing all of the other XBOX ONE TSW content. I will order the West Somerset Railway DLC as soon as it is available. Please continue to add additional DLC content as quickly as possible - you have a hungry fan base waiting. :) Thanks again!

• Like Like x 5
  6. redgor thenoob

redgor thenoob Member

What price we talking??

7. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

Likely $25

• Like Like x 1
  8. R62A1973

R62A1973 Active Member

Will there be a live stream for wsr on Friday or next Friday or day of launch?

9. jsantana0793

jsantana0793 New Member

Waiting on an Xbox One X enhanced version. Any ETA on that. Hoping for some PC like quality..

• Like Like x 3
  10. GT46PAC

GT46PAC Active Member

:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bryazon

Bryazon New Member

Its the 10th September, realised tomorrow, anyword on price yet? also any word on patches for xbox one to stop screen tearing and the awful effect on the wheels? or have i missed it somewhere?

12. Bryazon

Bryazon New Member

doubt it, it was £24.99 for core game and DLC was £12.99 for last two routes. hoping around £9.99-£14.99...

13. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

14. TrainSim-Luke

^
    Also there will be a patch for TSW Core. Purchasing WSR is not required to receive this patch.

15. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

TrainSim-Luke Why is there no early bird discount like there was back in May when it launched on PC?

16. keksman

keksman Well-Known Member

What about the PC version? When can we expect the next update?

• Like Like x 2
  17. Symbiot911

Symbiot911 Member

Sooo, where is it? It's the 11th and I can't seem to find it. In fact, it's 3.15pm on the 11th and still no sign of it. I saw another post that says PS4 got it last night. Love to know what's going on.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
  18. AnthonyMacNZ

AnthonyMacNZ Member

And no update either. The playstation get the update last night.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Symbiot911

Symbiot911 Member

I just wish the game had vibration feedback like its big brother TS 2018. I enjoy the game, but after experiencing ts2018 with vibration /rumble feedback on my laptop, TSW feels really really bland. I just don't understand why, when literally every game ever on xbox has rumble feedback, this one doesn't. Was it simply a case of they couldn't be bothered? I wonder.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Symbiot911

Symbiot911 Member

Wouldn't that be awesome. Trouble is, I find the game runs no better on my xbox one x than it does on my standard xbox. It still jerks around and the actual tracks don't come properly into view until just in front of the trains, plus the draw distance is really quite appalling. Driving along in new York and seeing what looks like half built bridges sticking out across rivers etc looks ridiculous. Obviously there needs to be much optimisation done before they can even begin to think about even half decent graphics. When I compare the last gen graphics, (and even the sound, I mean, what's with that horrible noise when you are walking? It just sounds stupid), on TSW to those on a game like World of Tanks, which is free to play and even has HDR and 4k, it makes me shake my head in wonderment. I don't believe for a second that they couldn't have made this game much, much better in visual and performance aspects. I wonder if, as the PC version of the game is only 32 bit and is limited to only being able to address 4gb of Ram. I'm no expert, but I do know that since the xbox 360 the architecture has been 32/64, although the 360 didn't run a windows based os. Xbox one does have the Windows 10 core and it has to be able to run 64 bit games along with emulated 32 bit games, plus, if it wasn't a64 bit OS it wouldn't be able to address the 12gb of ram. But TS and TSW on PC are severely restricted by today's standards because they are only 32 bit apps and therefore can only address a maximum of 2.5-3.2gb out of 4gb of ram on pc if you have a graphics card with 1gb of dedicated gddr or more. It's good to know they will be changing over to 64bit, but apparently that won't make the graphics any better, it'll just mean that you'll be able to see alot more stuff and it should run smoother Newcastle the ram bottleneck will be removed. I suppose the crappy graphics must come down to the engine they use. Must be ancient lol. Anyways, take what I've written with a grain of salt. I'm probably completely wrong on all fronts.

• Like Like x 2
  21. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

TS2018 is 32bit currently which is going to get upgraded to 64bit in TS19. But this game isn't on Xbox and changing that won't affect the graphics

For TSW im pretty sure it's already 64bit based. And the engine they are using is the Unreal Engine 4,so far away from being an ancient engine.

It's hard to compare a game like TSW to the ones you named. One thing that eats performance on TSW is that every train is simulated in real time, even those you aren't currently driving but are on its own journey along the tracks.
    There's probably still room for performance and some visual improvements and over time they probably will get better in resource management on Consoles and can push both a bit further.

Personally for me I can see a difference between Xbox one (S) and the One X. Visuals are a about the same and drawing distance is pretty poor yes (even on PC without modifying the engine.ini) but the framerate is a bit higher and more stable.
    I do hope they bring X enhancements along the way for even better framerate and some upgraded in cab textures.

22. Phelan

Phelan New Member

I'd be so much happier with 1080p 30fps stable on the xbox 1x with higher textures.

• Like Like x 1
  23. TrainSim-Luke

Guys, please understand that Sony and Microsoft are two separate retail partners. It's extremely unlikely we'll get them both to hit the big red button at the same time. We aim for the same day, but there's always a chance one of the platforms will get it a few hours before the other.

24. railroader

railroader New Member

Greetings
    had to turn my Xbox one on and off a couple of times for it to reconize the update is there and i typed in West somerset in microsoft store search and there it is.
    hope this helped.