Station Distance Numbers

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Otto, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Otto

Otto New Member

Station distance numbers : The distance to stations is in white and cannot be seen against the sky. I suggest making the color gray so it can be seen in both the day and night. Also it would be an excellent idea to double the size of the font as none of us are all 20 years old.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Canon772

Canon772 Active Member

Completely agree with you. It might also be helpful to have the distance shown on the HUD.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Gswales

Gswales Member

Yep I have the same problem changing the colour would be fantastic and really helpfull. Also having an option to have it on the hud top left of the screen would really help me and a lot of players out

• Like Like x 1
  4. Otto

Otto New Member

Ticket submitted

5. Buffyslayer1969

Buffyslayer1969 New Member

What would be nice is on the right of the screen where it says distance to next light would be if it is a red coming up to put a white line on it like a no entry sign. As I am colour blind and find it very hard to see the difference between the red and green lights? I’m sure I’m not the only person who has this problem?

6. Omenanraato

Omenanraato Member

Keyboard ctrl+1 -> distance shown on the hud. Keyboard is very useful even consoles.

7. Canon772

Canon772 Active Member

That sounds interesting. I might try adding a keyboard. Presumably the various keys are shown in the pc manual, although I appreciate that they may not all work for the PS4.

• Like Like x 1
  8. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

Just need to remember that the distance shown is as the crow flies rather than the distance alomg the rails. Hope springs eternal that DTG will fix this eventually but I'm not holding my breath.

9. Canon772

Canon772 Active Member

I have now been experimenting with adding a keyboard to the PS4. I have been pleasantly surprised to discover that all the pc controls seem to also work with the PS4, including actually driving the trains.

Ctrl+1 does indeed move the distance marker. It doesn't put the distance where I would have expected on the right hand side underneath the next signal and speed distances, but at the top left before the words stop at location. But, what is more surprising, this can also be achieved without a keyboard just by using the PS4 controller. All you have to do is go into settings and change the objective marker to off,
    Why has it taken me so long to discover this? I find it much better as the distance can be read clearly.

The keyboard can also change the transparency of the cursor (little white dot), including eliminating it altogether. I have not found a way to eliminate it just by using the PS4 controller. But, if anyone has found a way, please let me know.

10. Caineth

Caineth Member

Thank you! This was one of my biggest headaches with the game, the distance marker is almost impossible to see sometimes. Will definitely try to switch off the objective marker, but hope DTG read this thread as well. It’s such a small change, should definitely be considered for a future update.

11. Otto

Otto New Member

Canon,
    Thank you for finding that. That's just what we need. It takes away the visual marker in the station but if you have the distance you don't need it.
    When I sent in the bug report they replied that they didn't know what I was talking about. So I sent in some pictures and their second reply was that I needed to adjust the contrast on my television

12. Canon772

Canon772 Active Member

You are both very welcome. Glad to be able to help.

13. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Maybe this could be put in a general post on the PS4 forum so that others who may be struggling with various "console limitations" can find out that there is a lot of functionality they're able to access by dint of a simple "plug a keyboard in"... if the functionality is equivalent of the PC version with this simple (and cheap) addition I'm sure people want to know!