Jesus, These Terrible Brakes.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Switches3, Apr 7, 2022.

1. Switches3

Switches3 Well-Known Member

Why is it that most of the German trains in this game have such terrible braking? Particularly the commuter trains like the DB423? I can’t really enjoy routes like HMA to its fullest because it seems like you have to use almost 100% braking force if you don’t wanna overshoot stations.

2. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

German brakes are probably the most consistent brakes across all stock in TSW, I think the only thing I could say has better brakes than most the German stock, are the electrostars.

The 423 however, is a little different performance wise, to other German MU’s, and you do need to be more aggressive with power and braking.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Joethefish

Joethefish Staff Member

423 drivers have commented on their below average breaking performance. Early in development, the brakes were stronger and drivers said it wasn't realistic.

The TSW breaking performance is very similar to the RWA 423, which I drive a lot and I tend to enter the platform at no more than 60km/h and usually already braking. Try this and see if it helps.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. ÐFG

ÐFG New Member

I also had difficulties with the BR 423 in TSW2 and the BR 420 in TS, then I met this channel and learned how to do it in practice, today I can handle it without any problem

Last edited: Apr 8, 2022
    • Helpful Helpful x 8
    • Like Like x 2