Nat Appreciation Post

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Alex_m30x#7297, Apr 8, 2022.

1. Alex_m30x#7297

Alex_m30x#7297 Well-Known Member

I think I would be nice if everyone could share their favourite Nat moment, be it SPADing, overshooting or any other things that have defiantly never happened .
    Mine Is when she and Sam were driving South Eastern High speed and she speed though Sittingbourne at quite a speed, before realising she was meant to stop there.
    Thank you Nat for all the fun, you will be missed!

• Like Like x 15
  2. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

I‘ll miss Nat. But it’s always good to see people making positive career moves.

From the first streams she has been informative and entertaining. I think my favourite moments have been her victories in the 4 up challenges and the giggles that went with them.

Congratulations on the new role Nat. I hope we‘ll still see you occasionally.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

The overshoot and sad camera pan during the ECW 4 up challenge.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Jamy

Jamy Well-Known Member

I don't have one

• Like Like x 1
  5. frank1116

frank1116 Well-Known Member

We were ignored and censored by Nat, have seen tons of "we understand your frustration" comments. No reason to be sad or remember.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

Censored? This is probably the most open and free official forums I've ever used

• Like Like x 13
  7. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Bit harsh

• Like Like x 4
  8. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Utter rubbish.

DTG allow/withstand much criticism on here, much more than most developer forums, some don't allow any at all.

Nat has been a very communicative as well as being a fun person on the streams.

I wish her all the best.

• Like Like x 23
  9. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I particularly liked the first time she gave Matt a severe grilling on our behalf. It was a bit of a departure from the slightly softer, much more giggly Nat we had seen right from the start. She had a hard act to follow after Sam had been doing the job but stepped up to that challenge and has been a pleasure to watch in whatever guise she has had on camera. Whether it was in a preview stream, Q&A, 4-up challenge, or anything else I’ve rarely felt short-changed by her, and she has been a great advocate for the players. I guess it’s these qualities and more we haven’t seen that have got her the producer role for the board games. She will be missed.

• Like Like x 11
  10. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Only time I've seen any censorship is either when things got political, off topic or slanging matches.

All of which are against forums rules (which admittedly I've broken from time to time), like they say, if you can't do the time don't do the crime.

Being a community manager isnt exactly any easy job, but with Nat (and in fairness, JD etc as well) I've always felt that they were listening and feeding back our concerns and issues and was in our corner. Even if they couldn't always comment publicilly.

I'm sorry to see her go but wish her the best. Hopefully whoever fills her shoes will be equally as patient and be willing to fight our corner.

• Like Like x 12
  11. frank1116

take off the pink glasses.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Ferrovipathe67

Ferrovipathe67 Well-Known Member

The best moment with Nat was thuesday the roadmap day (for me) and the first day Nat was present on a stream

13. Ferrovipathe67

Ferrovipathe67 Well-Known Member

good continuation Nat

14. DXR8002

DXR8002 Well-Known Member

Cringe.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

I liked the Christmas hat! Can’t have a December without it.

16. Delta_Who

Delta_Who Well-Known Member

Who's we? Pretty sure my timeline is one long list of critical shots at DTGs style and I haven't been censored once. London Midland is consistently putting a fire underneath their "Caboose". And I've come to clash with TheOrganist's opinions a few times. Pretty sure those who were censored are the ones who are unable to voice that opinion in a mature manner.

Regardless, this isn't even an "us" moment. Whether you agree or disagree with DTG, Natalie has worked incredibly hard and should go out with commendation and best wishes for the future as she advances in her career. That is how any community should grow, with respect and open arms towards each other.

(I'll miss her on-screen hysterical laughs xD)

• Like Like x 12
  17. Tanglebones

Tanglebones Well-Known Member

Mine has to be the most recent 4-Up Challenge when she started a bit glumly and ended up cleaning Sam's clock and winning it in the process. That was a mighty infectious laugh she had there, and it was fun watching it dawn on her that just might just win it after all.

Best of luck with board games, Nat. And please - make sure they come with a manual, lol.

• Like Like x 2
  18. frank1116

Just have a look in the Technical Reports forum.
    Ignorance is not a mature manner either. Working hard or not, it is payware and people deserve a working product.

19. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

This couldn't be further from the truth.

The censoring part is so obviosuly not true I won't even bother to respond, but I wasn't ignored by Natster, and in fact she was one of the most active community managers from my experience, for example take a look at this message and the time at which it was written. just realised you can't see the time at which it was posted. I still remember it though and it was like 20:00 UTC, possibly later...
    Sometimes community managers ignore us because there is nothing to say, for example take a look at the Class 313 fixes thread, how would they respond? With just a "there are no plans" reply? The forum would be absolutely filled with those answers then...

She also helped me a lot with the Creator's Club, and some false positives...

Also if you don't mind I don't need a spokesperson, if I have any problem with the community managers I will come forward myself, so use the correct subject.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2022
    • Like Like x 8
  20. frank1116

Why do new members have to learn it the hard way ? It would be more honest, than ignoring them. But this is now far OT.
    Active or not, i have not seen much results. I refer to the Technical Reports again.

21. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

What do you mean by "results"?
    If you mean things in Techincal Reports that don't get fixed it's hardly a community manager's job... and yes, it is a valid criticism that there are too many bugs that are not fixed, but again, it's not fault of the community managers.

And again, what answer do you expect? Writing to each post "I've passed this to the team" is just a huge waste of time, and honestly if you really care about your problem having the best chances of being solved you should send a ticket via zendesk, which will put you in contact will people with the specific job of tracking bugs and telling you "I've passed this to the team".

I have a few examples of bugs I have reported that got fixed even if they didn't get much popular...

• Like Like x 3
  22. Delta_Who

Delta_Who Well-Known Member

And as we say (with a helpful dosage of train-related puns)... thread de-railed. Hopefully Nat can get "back on-board" in her new division.

• Like Like x 1
  23. frank1116

Congrats ! Ok, this is the Nat Fanclub - Enjoy. I have expressed my perception, that´s all.
    And yes, i know the ticket response.

24. Skyz2020

Skyz2020 Well-Known Member

Yes, she was OK. We wish her well and look forward to doing business with her replacement.

Maybe bring Sam back?

25. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

She certainly grew visibly in the role to which she was assigned. Learned about trains, learned to scold the bad boys on the forum, learned how to lead a live stream, ask pointed questions and became very good at filling dead air and keeping the conversation moving. She certainly deserves to move up and I expect that to continue.

But the forum moderators/community managers are not making executive decisions about route making, bug fixing and the direction of the game. So I've never tagged them or directed my comments to any of them personally, as many posters have done repeatedly. Why would I? So it doesn't matter to me who fills her shoes as long as that person keeps things civil and shuts down the trolls. I hope all the CM's do a better job in future of moderating the language on the forum.

To the departing Natalie I say " Fare thee well. "

Last edited: Apr 9, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
  26. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Really like her and another favourite moment of hers was when she was assisting a DTG Fishing employee Ben in TSW 2

This occurs 4.4 km from Koln Hbf

27. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Im going to miss the wall art behind her the most TBH, I'd love to know where you got it from Nat?

• Like Like x 3