Proceed At Restrictes Speed

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by arek#2842, Apr 9, 2022.

1. arek#2842

arek#2842 Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,
    When dispatcher allows driver to pass red light signal and 'proceed at restrictes speed' - what exact speed limit is that in regards to British Rail (NTP route in particular if that's important)?

2. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

15mph as far as I know, That's what it was when my dad worked on the Railway (He retired in 2000).

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  3. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

Yeah, maximum 15mph, or slow enough that you can stop quickly upon seeing any obstacles/hazards.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Mr heff

Mr heff Well-Known Member

I think Dadrail said 15 over all points unless indicated otherwise.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Olaf the Snowman

Olaf the Snowman Well-Known Member

It depends on the reason why you’re passing the signal at danger. If it’s because it is a signal failure, proceed at caution is the key word. There is no associated speed with it in the rulebook. 20mph-30mph is a good guide. If being asked to examine potential track defect or damaged OHLE, then there is a speed specified in the rule book of 20mph. And examining through a tunnel, speed specified in rule book is 10mph.

Proceed at Caution: Proceed as far as the line is seen to be clear being prepared to stop short of any obstruction.

Unless I’m mistaken, the 15mph over points is only applicable when you are passing a signal at danger under your own authority (yes that is allowed in the rule book in certain circumstances :)). Also when doing a wrong direction move or temporary block working/emergency special working and you’re the first train through.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1