Lord Bickerstaff Scenarios

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lord Bickerstaff, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Lord Bickerstaff

Lord Bickerstaff Member

This year I wanted to focus on something a bit different rather than single scenarios so I decided to focus on 8 (12 originally) freeware routes and create 4 scenarios for each showing off some of the potential of the routes. Last month I worked on southwest England by Photons66 and this month it's a trip up to Birmingham with Jetgriffs 'Birmingham 2010'. The first scenario is out today and another three will follow, the first is a trip across the city in a class 321 (due to no model for the 323 available), available to download from my site in the link below

• Like Like x 3
  2. Lord Bickerstaff

Lord Bickerstaff Member

Well yesterday was Friday so the second of February's scenarios for Birmingham 2010 is now up for download! Still sticking with London midland, this scenario sees you finishing the journey into new street on board the Hereford to Birmingham service

Www.lordbickerstaffscenarios.weebly.com

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Lord Bickerstaff

Lord Bickerstaff Member

Ploughing through February with a 'orrible cold but at least the scenarios are coming [​IMG]

Scenario three of Birmingham 2010 Month is a XC Stansted to New Street service starting at Nuneaton [​IMG]

hope you enjoy it [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  4. Lord Bickerstaff

Lord Bickerstaff Member

The last scenario for this month's freeware route 'Birmingham 2010' is out for download now. utilizing a Cross Country Voyager drive through Birmingham up to Derby

March's route will still be based in the North but it will also be a fictional route, as it is also on steam workshop this means I can upload the weekly scenarios to my steam workshop to making it easier for people to download - happy days

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lord Bickerstaff

Lord Bickerstaff Member

The first Friday of March so it's time for a new freeware route to play scenarios on!
    We're still running the Northern feel just on a fictional level with the amazing Pyne and Warrborough route. The first scenario for this route is in a 3 car 101 DMU running from the terminus of Warrborough up to Newton, the scenario is available from the passenger scenarios page as well as my steam workshop: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1317768295

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lord Bickerstaff

Lord Bickerstaff Member

So I've got two journey scenarios wrapped and ready to go once Waggonz release the 315 plus an updated version of my Anglia crosslink scenario also awaiting for the 315 before release. Next is a jaunt on the ECML but do I go North to South or South to North?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Lord Bickerstaff

Lord Bickerstaff Member

A little different from my current freeware content, I just release a scenario for London to Brighton + South London using a class 377 from Haywards Heath to Victoria. It involves attaching to another service and taking the train into London as per the normal timetable, you can get it from my workshop page: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1323193707

• Like Like x 2
  8. Lord Bickerstaff

Lord Bickerstaff Member

The second scenario for Marchs freeware route Pyne and Warrborough should've been released last week, unfortunately due to the predictably rubbish internet where I live it wasn't possible (was down to a download speed of 1.5 mbs and an upload of 0.4 mbs) Luckily march is a Five week month so I wont step on Aprils route releases by releasing scenario 2 late :) Scenario 2 is titled 'Gasworks Freight' and is a short trip in a class 37 to the gasworks at Warrborough, I've made it available to download from the freight scenarios page and my workshop page too.
    In other news a current era Freightliner journey pack is ready to go and will be released soon along with the new style of presenting DLC required and this years Scenario pack has started to be produced

• Like Like x 1
  9. Lord Bickerstaff

Lord Bickerstaff Member

The third (and on time this time) release for Marchs freeware route 'Pyne and Warborough' is another short scenario rolling into the Warrborough area. Running from a healthy 60mph rolling start, you will be finishing the mail trains journey in to Warrborough. The scenario is available from the freight scenarios section of the site or from my steam workshop, in other news I'm working on something railway related that'll let you customize your pc and usb sticks which I hope to release soon, also who notice the website change? I've created two seperate pages for scenario packs and journey packs to avoid confusion.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Lord Bickerstaff

Lord Bickerstaff Member

The last Friday of March.. this also means it's the last scenario for marches freeware route. The final scenario features a class 25 on a semi fast run down to Warrborough from Newton, I've really enjoyed this route even though it's more of a steam route I've found green diesels fit in fine. The way its been built is superb and despite it being a fictional route it feel like it belongs somewhere in Northern England, I'll have to make more for this.
    So Whats next? I think I'll stay fictional for April and take a trip along Ay Valley with some freight and passenger action, this also means we're halfway through the freeware routes! May and June will see normal service resume with a new journey pack(s) and possibly some single scenarios and then the final four routes will be released July to October :)

Happy Easter!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Lord Bickerstaff

Lord Bickerstaff Member

I hope you all enjoyed your Easter and don't feel too sick from all the chocolate! Before we kick off the Fourth freeware route I though I'd help with those post Easter chocolate come downs with the release of Journey 5, this journey sees you in charge of a Freightliner class 70. Setting off From Bristol FLT you'll be heading towards and through London and then out to the east coast port of Felixstowe, I've taken advantage of given feedback and have also included a separate google doc outlying the DLC for each scenario as well as supplying each scenario as a seperate .RWP. Friday will see the first Ay Valley scenario released so stay tuned for that.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Lord Bickerstaff

Lord Bickerstaff Member

We're halfway through the freeware routes at this point and Aprils focus is on the Ay Valley by FoggyMorning (Steve Cunningham). It's a big route with lots of lines culminating at the main station of Westhampton. Coincidentally this is where the first scenario of the month ends, you'll be driving a intercity HST to the center of the route with only one stop inbetween. Finally many thanks for everyones continued support for the site it makes me very happy to see people enjoying it!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Lord Bickerstaff

Lord Bickerstaff Member

It's the second Friday of Aprils freeware route 'Ay Valley' which means there's another scenario to release [​IMG]
    This scenario is a short freight run the the Kyte oil depot in a class 37. It's looking like Ay valley has been proving the most popular so far so if the trend continues I'll have to make some more bits for it. Fingers crossed Waggonz get their 314/5 released this month and I'll be able to include it in the next two journey packs, they'll still get released even if it doesn't happen just with units from the UKTS emu freeware pack instead.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Lord Bickerstaff

Lord Bickerstaff Member

A job interview, daughters party, and then daughter being poorly from excessive doughnut consumption put this scenario back a bit.

Ay Valley route Scenario 3
    Starting at Haverthorpe you will be taking the local stopping service formed of a 2 car class 156 in to the city, Only one more scenario to go for this month and as long as nothing unexpected happens it will be out on Friday

• Like Like x 1
  15. Lord Bickerstaff

Lord Bickerstaff Member

Two releases this Friday! The first being the expected fourth scenario for the Ay valley route, Windingways stone see's you piloting a class 60 to the quarry at Windingways, Ay valley has been great to work with, it's well built and the trackwork and asset placement is believable and realistic. I've got a feeling I'll be revisiting this route in the near future.

The second scenario Today is utilizing AP/Waggonz new class 315 EMU, to celebrate the 315's release I've put together a scenario depicting the typical journey between Shenfield and London that they used to make, I've added a few 'fun facts' about my association with the GEML for a bit of fun too. Also now that it's out I'll be able to include it in the next two journey packs too as well as returning to the GEML to make some more scenarios. I'll be taking a break from the freeware scenarios for the next two months due to family holidays but there will still be scenarios posted, two journey scenarios are almost ready to go and a third is in it's final stages so look out for those. I've also got a small side project to release as well as planning for something a bit bigger at the end of the year!

I hope you've enjoyed the first half of the routes I'll be resuming them in July.

You can download both scenarios from my website or on UKTS once approved, The file I.D.s are: 37871 for the class 315 and 37872 for Windingways Stone

• Like Like x 2
  16. Lord Bickerstaff

Lord Bickerstaff Member

Bank holiday is here and the weather (where I am) is lovely! To celebrate I've just released journey pack number 6 which is based on the old crosslink service between Colchester and Basingstoke, other destinations were served by this service but this one seemed to appeal more than the others. You'll be driving a 3 car Turbostar down the GEML, through London on the NLL, and then down to Basingstoke in 3rd rail territory via Kew Bridge, this pack was already available from me but finished at Reading (it was assumed the service got diverted) but now that the Southwest 3rd rail routes are being represented by Photons66 freeware route which was covered earlier this year I was able to take the train to its intended destination. Also updated in this pack are the inclusion of Anglia, and First Great Eastern trains and liveries to match the appropriate timescale.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Lord Bickerstaff

Lord Bickerstaff Member

As we wont be revisiting the freeware routes until July it means I can release a few different things, in this case it's something a little different! Still railway related I've made the Six Railfreight Sector logos into usable icons for your computers, anything that can have it's icon customized can use these files whether it's a folder on your desktop or your favorite USB stick. I've made them available from the home page of the site.
    Over the next few weeks I've got a few things to release, two more journey packs are in the final stages one being a short hour and a half journey up in Scotland the other is a 6 hour slog South from Newcastle to Plymouth (it's not a Cross Country service, although one is being considered - let me know your thoughts) I will also be visiting the workshop route 'Ridgeway' to keep in with the freeware theme. Lastly, planning for this years scenario pack is nearing completion and will go into production soon and i'm really looking forward to this one :)

• Like Like x 3
  18. Lord Bickerstaff

Lord Bickerstaff Member

I picked up the Ridgeway route of steam workshop last month and despite it's size it's a crackin' route with lots of potential. I decided to try and do something with steam this time, as the route lends itself to this era it seemed right and after a few trials and errors I came out with 'Limestone Exports'. This is a short scenario with a class 7F loco from the quarry in the North west down to the docks in the South. I would like to do the route more justice in time, possibly with a storyline scenario pack but we will have to wait and see. You can find the scenario on my steam workshop page,

19. Lord Bickerstaff

Lord Bickerstaff Member

It's about time I released something for you guys to do, sop how about a passenger scenario from North Berwick to Glasgow central in a 322 unit? Journey pack 7 is out to download now and covers the whole journey from Berwick through Edinburgh and on to Glasgow via Carstairs. It was nice to return North in the sim I've not done to much in that area for a while.
    The next scheduled release will be Journey pack 8, and believe me it's a long one, over 400 miles to be exact spread out over 8 scenarios with both non stop running, shunting, and chasing yellows all involved It's going to be quite a drive. Hopefully I can get that one out after the 20th, this years scenario pack id in progress having wrapped the 5th scenario today and starting the 6th later on.
    Whatever your doing this weekend I hope it's a good one.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Wivenswold

Wivenswold Well-Known Member

Top work Lord Bickerstaff. Always love your scenarios.

21. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

I highly recommend all of LorkBickerstaff scenarios really enjoyable scenarios with loads of great AI and challenges.

22. Lord Bickerstaff

Lord Bickerstaff Member

Many thanks guys I really appreciate it.

• Like Like x 1
  23. DeanO55

DeanO55 Member

Can i just ask if you use a lot of re-skins from other 3rd party sites in your scenarios?
    eg- blueskin, BH and other's the likes of?
    My TS hard drive is near full and I really don't want to download anymore reskins to it at the mo.
    I've been downloading and installing reskins just for scenarios for the last six years and I really have no more room anymore.
    Would be great if you just used the DTG issued stock or DP simulation/AP/uk-trainsim.
    Sorry if I sound fussy but I'm really not.
    Thank you.

24. Lord Bickerstaff

Lord Bickerstaff Member

Hi, it's a bit mix and match I do have scenarios that use just stand alone DLC and others that will use a few reskins, I always put what a scenarios needs in the description and anything I put on the workshop requires no reskins at all. What I wont do is plonk a reskin in just for the sake of 1 train, Hope that helps you out :)

25. DeanO55

DeanO55 Member

Ahh that's good to know. I'll go look for you in the workshop.
    Thanks for the reply.

26. Lord Bickerstaff

Lord Bickerstaff Member

Holiday season is now over :( after a trip on the Norfolk Broads (and chasing the DRS short set for a few days) I've no more ventures away. This means that next month I can fire up the Freeware route releases again, it also means that I can release my next journey pack today. Journey 8 follows the Low fell RMT service down to Plymouth along its journey across the Country, It starts off using diesel traction in a class 67, then moves on to class 90 haulage and then back to the class 67 for the remainder of the trip. Major towns such as York, Doncaster, Derby, Birmingham, Bristol, and Exeter are all visited and the entire journey is spread over 8 scenarios.
    Moving back onto the freeware routes the next set will see me move down South to visit the 1066 line, the first Friday is on the 6th so keep your eyes peeled for that.

• Like Like x 1
  27. Wolf

Wolf Member

'ello Guvnor,

is Len still harvesting the turnips to power your site or has he rebelled already? ;)

28. Lord Bickerstaff

Lord Bickerstaff Member

He's always rebelling a quick poke with a cattle prob will soon sort him out though :)

29. Lord Bickerstaff

Lord Bickerstaff Member

This month I'm looking at Backdated train sims Tonbridge to Hasting '1066' line. As always a fantastic job, the build quality of these routes is always top notch, it's also nice to see some local stations that I travel to on the train faithfully recreated, The first scenario is 'Mountfield Gypsum' which sees you taking a class 47 from Mountfield Gypsum Quarry up to Tonbridge yard, in other news the big scenario pack is nearly half done and a smaller pack based on a series of journeys provided by one company may also be available before the year is out.

30. Lord Bickerstaff

Lord Bickerstaff Member

A day later than planned (these twilight shifts at work have resulted in long lay ins), the second Scenario for this months freeware route has now been released. This time we're on a passenger service from Tunbridge Wells to Hastings running a class 423 on a semi fast service, with two more scenarios to go I hope you've enjoyed the first half of our visit to East Sussex. next month has 5 Fridays in so I will be taking a look at something a bit different (still freeware). Other plans are in the pipeline with a few journey scenario in writing and the possibility of using a 'series' based release schedule next year, with a possible return to railway modeling may also be on the cards I will be going to the Pevensey and westham model railway exhibition on Saturday so if you near there I may bump into you.

31. Medellinexpat

Medellinexpat Well-Known Member

Lord Bickerstaff , just want to thank you for bringing Backdated to my attention. I’ve downloaded both the NLL and the 1066 lines and they are both excellent. As someone who is fairly new to installing Freeware the whole process is made gratifyingly easy.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
  32. Wivenswold

Wivenswold Well-Known Member

Backdated Train Sim are brilliant, they have some more exciting freeware in development so keep those eyes pealed.

• Like Like x 1
  33. Lord Bickerstaff

Lord Bickerstaff Member

No problem at all, always happy to help people discover new content

couldn't agree more :)

34. Lord Bickerstaff

Lord Bickerstaff Member

Third Friday of the month, time for another scenario. Heading north on the 1066 line 'Ice buster' see's you up nice and early (much like the release time) to take a railtrack 205 unit up to Wadhurst from Hastings on ice breaking duty.

35. Lord Bickerstaff

Lord Bickerstaff Member

Our time with the 1066 line unfortunately has come to an end, the fourth scenario is out and ready to download now from the passenger scenarios page. In this scenario we're back in a class 423 albeit in NSE livery heading down to the seaside with and all stops service from Tonbridge

36. Lord Bickerstaff

Lord Bickerstaff Member

The first scenario for August is out now, this month will feature Five different Branch Lines rather than one whole route. Our first foray is to the Bedford to Bletchley route by Alex55. Back with NSE this scenario sees you taking a bubble car all stops to Bletchley.

• Like Like x 2
  37. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

Just don’t your North Berwick to Glasgow scenario 10/10 A’s always thank you sir

• Like Like x 1
  38. Lord Bickerstaff

Lord Bickerstaff Member

You are most welcome :)

39. Lord Bickerstaff

Lord Bickerstaff Member

this week we're looking at a freight based branch by RolandBP, Whatley quarry is a representation of the real life location in Somerset. The scenario features an EWS class 60 on a empty stone train returning to the quarry and stabling itself in the loco shed. A lovely compact shunting route of a real life location, this will most likely feature in a journey scenario at some point.
    available to download from my website or UKTS file id: 38147 (when approved)

• Like Like x 1
  40. Lord Bickerstaff

Lord Bickerstaff Member

Halfway into August and we are staying in the West of England for our third branch line, Barnstaple to Exeter by Devon Labuschagne. In the featured scenario you will be taking a 'pacer' unit from Exeter the length of the line to Barnstaple calling at all stops along the wayand trying to admire the beautiful countryside at the same time.

41. Lord Bickerstaff

Lord Bickerstaff Member

In our fourth branch line installment for this month, we are travelling along the Branch from Watford Junction to St Albans Abbey. Rather than use the class 321/319 arrangement that London Midland had we are going to take a Silverlink 313 unit instead. The route, created by Alex55 is a faithful recreation of the line depicted during the London Midland Era. Our final scenario will be released next Friday and features a quick trip to Dover, with September reverting back to a normal 4 scenarios one route routine I'll be looking into plans for next year and what to do next.

42. Lord Bickerstaff

Lord Bickerstaff Member

The final Friday of August already!? This also means the last branch line scenario is ready to download, created by xguerra; Dover Western docks depicts the Dover area in the 1980's/90's whilst the rail served ferry's were still in use. The created scenario is a passenger service on it's final few miles to the station at Western docks from Folkstone area.
    Next Month we will be venturing on the WCML from Euston to Birmingham, at the time of creating the scenarios V4 of this route was the latest one so all scenarios will be for that route, I did look at updating them for V5 but as this would pretty much require a complete remake I decided to leave them (also V4 is still available to download anyway)
    This does however, affect a couple of Journey scenarios that use this route and the WCML scenario pack I made, with the Journey scenarios I will probably remake the ones that are required to use the route but I will leave the pack as it is and create a new scenario pack in the London Midland era as I really don't like the new franchise livery!.

43. Lord Bickerstaff

Lord Bickerstaff Member

44. Lord Bickerstaff

Lord Bickerstaff Member

Scenario two for this months freeware route is now ready to download, this time you will be driving a London Midland service from Milton Keynes down to Euston. I've no major updates this week, the theme of this years scenario pack (for those who didn't see the route map) is Londons railway network, spanning from BR Blue to Current day and portrayed over 4 different routes and 30(ish) scenarios. I've a few more bits to finish and polish off and it will be ready for release soon.

• Like Like x 1
  45. Lord Bickerstaff

Lord Bickerstaff Member

This week it's another passenger run on the WCML next week will be a freight so don't worry if your getting sick of picking people up! In this scenario you'll be taking a 9 car Pendolino from Euston up to Birmingham.

46. hightower

hightower Guest

These are still for V4, is that correct?

47. Lord Bickerstaff

Lord Bickerstaff Member

Hiya yes it is for V4, next weeks release will also be a V4 scenario :)

48. hightower

hightower Guest

Thanks!

49. Lord Bickerstaff

Lord Bickerstaff Member

It's the end of another month which means we have to say goodbye to our featured freeware route 'WCML and the midlands', the final scenario is a simple freight run from DIRFT to Willesden with the Daventry to Purfleet Tesco train. Next month will see us running on the Great Eastern Railway with the Crouch Valley Line which is one of my all time favorite routes so I thought I'd save this till last, all four scenarios will be passenger related so no freight I'm afraid

50. Lord Bickerstaff

Lord Bickerstaff Member

t's the final month of freeware scenarios already! This month it's a line that I grew up with, the crouch valley line by Jamie Edwards follows the Great Eastern Mainline out of Liverpool Street up to Ipswich much like the route by DTG, however it goes one step further by including the branches that shoot off of the main line allowing us to visit places like Upminster, Southend Victoria, and my favorite the East Anglian Railway Museum. I've tried to keep away from the mainline as anybody who has the standard route from DTG will have ploughed up and down it many times by now, so instead I've tried to focus on the Branches that aren't featured. The first offering is a jaunt in a class 321 unit from Southend Victoria into the capital set in the 'one' era.

• Like Like x 2