Livery Designer 2.0 Features Wishlist

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Adamgrant3, Apr 7, 2022.

1. Adamgrant3

Adamgrant3 Active Member

Hi there Dovetail

I would like to know when the new Livery designer is coming to the game as I have some really interesting ideas to help make the tool easier.

• Allow to have a gradient paint effect
    • have metal paint textures .e.g gold, Titanium, Steel etc
    • allow import of custom images such as Suns etc
    • ability to halve shapes
    • ability to allow to write text on trains instead of Selecting letters
    • Ability to add shadows
    If any one else has some suggestions to add on this please do

Last edited: Apr 7, 2022
    • Like Like x 6
  2. isaac47593

isaac47593 Well-Known Member

I hope for
    • At least 100 extra layers (400 total)
    • A circular gradient shape that is centred on a single point F063E886-9DCD-4576-B5DB-10B67A8A04BD.png
    • The ability to rotate shapes by exact increments (input an angle 0-360 degrees)
    • Gradients that don’t lose quality when in game
    • The ability to restrict liveries from randomly appearing in service mode. If I make a Transpennine Express livery for the class 395, I don’t want it to show up randomly in south east England
    • More locos in livery designer. Progress on upgrading locos for livery designer seems to have slowed recently. A fair few were releasing but it seems to have stopped being worked on

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. flystentz

flystentz Member

My biggest wish is to have full consist instead of locos/individual wagons for them selves, especially on passenger services

Liveries on wagons could be “picked” in scenario planer, but in timetable mode, i should be able to select for an example, an BR 146 woth dostos.
    When selecting the loco livery it will also spawn the livery on the wagons, that goes with it because i painted it like a multiple unit.

This will also make it easier to get each wagon type (cab car, normal car, 1st class) to have lines an paint that matches up with each other and the locomotive.

4. highland beastie

highland beastie Well-Known Member

My wishes are:
    • Ability to control how often that livery spawns in ai
    • Ability to change the livery of your whole consist
    • Being able to choose the number displayed in the cab eg 377422 on the outside and in the cab and also the train with that number in game is guaranteed to be using that livery you created using its number.

5. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

...the import of custom images is not allowed, because of Copyright protected material that can cause licensing issues. "Sam" once said, that even a picture from "Princess Leia" would cause legal problems and to avoid such situations, there is no option for this. But to give some hope, it is intended to provide permitted logos from railway operators in the future and with the mastery rewards, more and more usefull decals are brought into the game.