Hamburg-lubeck Ic2220 Issue

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by colinL, Apr 8, 2022.

1. colinL

colinL Well-Known Member

Heya,

been trying to do the IC2220 timetable for the second time now. Everything goes well until I am 22km from Lubeck away and I get a red signal. Nothing unusual, as at the beginning of the drive you get a few yellows and reds. But this time the signal doesn't switch to green and I'm basically stuck. I remember a few months ago when I drove it for the last time this wasn't an issue. I've looked ahead and I can see that RE8 is stuck at Bad Oldesloe, about 1km ahead of me. But his signal is green and the doors are closed so I don't exactly understand why it doesn't depart the station. It is being pulled by a red BR182.

Can anybody replicate this issue? Yesterday I was also trying to do the 12:20 freight service to Lubeck and got into a similar scenario although I haven't noted where I got stuck or what was ahead and so on.

Can someone with a little time maybe doublecheck and try IC2220 as well?
    I'm really confused.

• Like Like x 2
  2. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

I haven’t had this issue on my IC runs for HBK. I do not have the DB BR 182 installed though, because DTG have told us that it is broken and will cause issues. That’s probably what’s causing the problem for you.

• Like Like x 1
  3. colinL

colinL Well-Known Member

That is weird though. Last time I intensely played TSW2 was like 5 months ago, maybe 4 and I know for sure that the timetable worked back then. Has there been an update for the 182 in the meantime that could have caused this?

4. breblimator

breblimator Guest

BR 182 is the reason. Turn this DLC off

• Like Like x 1
  5. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Well the 182 issue is that when the AI operates it in combination with dostos, the AI cannot operate the doors, so when it arrives at its first passenger loading objective, it simply sits and does nothing.

The reason you may not of noticed it until now is that you simply may not of had 182’s ahead of you. The issue made itself known when Riesa - Dresden released, not sure how frequent the issue was before then, or if it even existed.

6. Joethefish

Joethefish Staff Member

Yeah that would be the 182 door issue. It spawns randomly in place of a 112. This was intended for the 146 which NAH.SH had a few of at the time but I didn't quite understanding the subbing system well enough and accidentally made the 182 also sub in.

The substitution has a 10% chance of swapping all 112s (of which there are 10) on the timetable with a 146. So the odds are 1 of the 10 would be a 146. With the 182 added to the idea, the chance one subs is still 10% but when it chooses to sub out a 112 for something else, it now has to decide 146 or 182, which lowers the chance of seeing it to about 5%. Now the sub system on this timetable looks for any German passenger loco capable of 155km/h or more. So when Dresden-Riesa introduced another 146, the that was added to the options.

So with MSB, RT 182 & Dresden-Riesa, the odds are 1/10 112s will spawn as something else. And it has the RT 182, MSB 146 & now DRA 146 to pick from. Further lowering the odds of seeing one to about 3.33%. During mid-day, when the 101 runs, 2 of the 10 112s are back in the depot, again lowering the odds. I hope this explains why not many have come across it.

Chances are if you play it again, it won't happen. But odds are odds. So I suppose the best way to guarantee run for now is to, like breblimator says, disable the 182 DLC for when you want to drive on HBK then enable it for your other German routes.

• Helpful Helpful x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  7. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Try the trick I used to overcome a similar issue on MSB.
    Retain control of your train. Go to free roam camera (8) and navigate to the stuck train. Clip inside the cab and you should be able to operate switches with the mouse. Pan Up, MCB On, set reverser, operate door close, release brakes and hit the throttle. Hopefully the train will move. Hit 1 to return to your own train and cross fingers...

8. colinL

colinL Well-Known Member

I've tried clipping into it and tried to get it running but I couldn't get it to move. @All others, thanks for the explanations. But with these odds isn't it weird that I still tried the scenario 3 times now and everytime got the issue with the 182 stuck at the same station? Time to disable the 182 for now. Don't really drive it either, sadly, as theres a few issues with it. But thats another topic :P

9. OldVern

Sorry that didn’t work. Guess it was worth a shot.

10. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  11. colinL

colinL Well-Known Member

12. Joethefish

Joethefish Staff Member

• Like Like x 1
  13. breblimator

breblimator Guest

14. Task

Task Well-Known Member

No, there are different mods in there. One of them does what you explain here. But there is also one that completely disables DB Regio substitution for the 182 so it won't appear there anymore.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. OldVern

As reported in the Technical section yesterday evening, seems the otherwise excellent Lubeck route still suffering from red signal issues. This was admittedly with a resumed save game but having initially had one signal check that cleared to green I then got perma stuck at a red signal 2km south of Reinfeld. No other trains visible on the map, the next two signals were at red but the one after was green. This was with a northbound ICE service. Almost as if there was a ghost or invisible train ahead.

• Like Like x 1
  16. GTAGamer245

GTAGamer245 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if everyone is aware. But they fixed the BR 182 Door AI issue on HBL since Rapid Transit had it's latest preservation update when they had the newer PIS installed. This means no more AI BR 182 door issues anymore. I hope they test this again on Dresden Riesa.

• Like Like x 1