What German Route Do You Hope Is Being Added?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by lord everything, Apr 9, 2022.

1. lord everything

lord everything Well-Known Member

Not sure where to put this thread, so I'll leave it here for now. If it's in the wrong place then mods please move it.

With the announcement of a new German route on the roadmap, it's speculation time! Let's use this thread as a general place for German route ideas, comment here which German routes you want to be added. Il go first: Hamburg - Cuxhaven, Koln - Frankfurt or Frankfurt - Koblenz.

• Like Like x 5
  2. leospielt#6870

leospielt#6870 Member

I think Frankfurt was deemed too complex for TSW once so I doubt we‘ll be getting that

3. Sakul1212

Sakul1212 Member

One S-Bahn Berlin line

• Like Like x 5
  4. Noel06

Noel06 Well-Known Member

Hopefully something with Stuttgart or Frankfurt.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Swisstrains

Swisstrains Well-Known Member

I would love to see Mannheim-Karlsruhe or Freiburg-Basel. Each of them has a ton of freight and the best possibilities for the new loco would be a Br193 or ICE1; another good thing: On Mannheim-Karlsruhe you could use the Br425 for a ton of S-Bahn services, and you have a parted high speed line from the normal line, but only on half the route! On Freiburg-Basel you have a really long tunnel. Apart from those specific pros, you can use almost every other german loco and waggon we have in game right now

• Like Like x 2
  6. isaac47593

isaac47593 Well-Known Member

I hope for Frankfurt - Mannheim with a Velaro D ICE

• Like Like x 1
  7. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

I think that Frankfurt wouldn't be a big problem because Munich is the biggest train station in Germany, the problem is performance on consoles because of the memory problem ganz DTG still has

• Like Like x 1
  8. drnicktgm#1259

I think it will probably be Riesa-Leipzig because that's the upcoming route in Train simulator, because that's the same thing, they did for Riesa-Dresden. Whatever route it will be, I only hope that we'll get two new trains instead of always the same ones all the time

• Like Like x 3
  9. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Didn't we already have a thread for this in General?

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. Noel06

Noel06 Well-Known Member

Is it a problem? Many threads with the same topic are not bad.

• Like Like x 1
  11. lord everything

I haven't seen that, in the same way that I made that London-Hastings 1980 suggestion awhile back and some people did similar things, it doesn't matter.

• Like Like x 1
  12. cadeshr6s

cadeshr6s Well-Known Member

Im hoping for a diesel route like Köln-Kall-(Trier) or Lübeck - Kiel, because I want to get a Lint or a Talent 1

• Like Like x 3
  13. grob-e

grob-e Well-Known Member

If I had a wish, I would go for Göttigen to Kassel Hbf/Eschwege West and maybe the Bodenfelde branch line up to Adelebsen somewhen around 1990. Would be nice to see a DLC with DB BR 103, 110,120, 140, 634, 798.

• Like Like x 2
  14. drnicktgm#1259

True the Eifelbahn would be really great

• Like Like x 1
  15. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Bochum-Dortmund/Hagen missing link between HRR RRO RSN including Hagen Vorhalle
    Hauptstrecke München-Salzburg Introduces ÖBB locomotives and its electric Shunter ÖBB 1163 seen in Verschiebebahnhof Salzburg Gnigl Hump and Hbf for Nightjet Shunting. Can substitute DB BR 363 G3 204 in Rangierbahnhof München Laim.
    Hollandstrecke Duisburg-Utrecht has split characteristics Domestic German route until Emmerich Am Rhein then Busy international route Emmerich to Zevenaar Domestic Dutch locomotives Zevenaar to Utrecht.

• Like Like x 1
  16. lord everything

Surely not? The only problem would be lag as many older consoles already crash at Victoria, and even next-gen consoles (like my PS5) have a lot of lag there and framerate drop. Also, since TSW first came to be, it has become much more powerful and capable of these things.
    That would be good, albeit the sounds on the BR 648 on Norddeutchebahn (Lubeck - Kiel) on TS22 sounds nothing like a real 648...

• Like Like x 2
  17. lord everything

I thought it was Leipzig HBF?

18. drnicktgm#1259

I don't know some websites say it's Munich and some says that it's Leipzig but still that shouldn't stop DTG on creating Frankfurt

19. lord everything

I belive Leipzig in bigger in area (There is basically a shopping centre inside the station) but Munich has more platforms. Defo shouldn't stop Frankfurt coming to the game though.

• Like Like x 2
  20. mlouie100

mlouie100 Well-Known Member

That would be interesting to see and hope it would connect to the Dresden-Reisa route that they made for rush hour and the Dresden-Reisa route can become the first in the game to get a route exstension and complete the full Dresden-Leipzig Railroad.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  21. mlouie100

mlouie100 Well-Known Member

I would like to see them due a Berlin Subway route like the U2 line from Pankow-Ruhleben.

• Like Like x 1
  22. pipanminuta#9703

pipanminuta#9703 Well-Known Member

I hope for anything diesel or any route with Vectron

• Like Like x 3
  23. CrazyHorseyMan

CrazyHorseyMan Member

Yes, a good idea! DTG could also make a diesel Vectron, realizing both of your ideas.

• Like Like x 2
  24. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

Im down for anything as long if its not the same Old EMU and Dostos crap. If it is, can we at least get a new variant of Dostos and Hell i wouldnt even mind the IC2 or something. Im just hoping it could be Resia Leipzig for TSW 2, BUT there could be some serious backlash if it is, mainly because of extensions

• Like Like x 7
  25. driverwoods#1787

Electro Diesel DB BR248

• Like Like x 1
  26. cadeshr6s

cadeshr6s Well-Known Member

I just know the 620 and 622 but yeah the sound is not good aswell as the handling ^^

27. ukairwaysttv

ukairwaysttv New Member

When is Dresden inbound from Riesa going to be fixed? CTD every time, not yet been able to complete a service to Dresden Hbf after 3 attempts on Xbox Series S.

28. driverwoods#1787

How about Bochum-Dortmund/Hagen merges HRR RRO RSN using Hagen Vorhalle Wetter Viaduct and Bochum Langendreer Junction. International Duisburg to Utrecht Netherlands via Arnhem Oberhausen & Zevenaar 135km (84 mi) Merges into HRR at Duisburg & Mulheim Styrum.
    S3 to or from Oberhausen Follows a Freight train Zevenaar Bochum Eherenfeld

• Like Like x 2
  29. CrazyDash

CrazyDash Well-Known Member

I would love to see another German high-speed route. Two routes I would love to see are Munich-Nürburg, and Koln-Frankfurt. 2 of the fastest high-speed lines in Germany. Anything that could allow us to get a new ICE train would be cool as well. Would love to see the ICE1, ICE 2, Velaro D, or ICE T. Would also love to see a route that introduces the Siemens Vectron as those things are workhorses in Germany. Honestly anything that would give us a new train would be great. A new S-Bahn route would also be nice.

• Like Like x 7
  30. driverwoods#1787

It's the correct ICE train for Riesa-Dresden and there are proposals to bring it in as part of Rush Hour Train Pack

• Like Like x 1
  31. Lil jj

Lil jj Well-Known Member

A high speed route with lzb that goes up to 300 km/h.

• Like Like x 3
  32. drnicktgm#1259

Or maybe one of the newer High-speed routes that have ETCS for example on high speed route between Berlin and Munich

• Like Like x 3
  33. souleymane#2785

souleymane#2785 Well-Known Member

U-Bahn Berlin Line U5
    S-Bahn Rhein- Main dB br 111, 420 and 423

34. MrSouthernDriver

MrSouthernDriver Well-Known Member

i got a feeling there could be some german DMU action going on, and i got a feeling this could be a route with multiple types of DMU, just a theory though

• Like Like x 1
  35. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

I got the impression the 648 on the TS Classic route was not very good. Throttle literally acted as a speed setter, run up to a certain speed for each notch and stay there regardless of gradient up or down. Personally I'd like to see a 628 in the game but only if we can leave the TSC arcade physics for Voith etc. transmission DMU's left behind.

36. drnicktgm#1259

It would be cool if we all could do a Voting for Germany, England and America (and other countries), which route we want to have, it's nice to have the suggestions, but a vote would be much better to see what routes we all want to have

• Like Like x 2
  37. Noel06

Noel06 Well-Known Member

Yes you are right!!

• Like Like x 3
  38. lord everything

Best idea. So much better than DTG listening to all of our suggestions and then going "HoW AboUt a 40 kiLomETEr LinIEr GerMaN RoutE WiTH ANothEr doSToS aNd 146"

• Like Like x 3
  39. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

I don't think that's a good idea. The forums do not project the whole TSW community. Maybe a little part of them, mostly PC-people (as PC players are more used to use forums than console players) and they do have very special and particular interest. It would be a highly biased vote, where probably most of the rationale is going to be like "Oh that route is near my home, i want that", at the same time ignoring important points like what rolling stock is featured? Could we make use of layers to populate the route? Will this route be fun for everyone or only those who have a very particular interest in a particular feature of that route? And at the end the question for DTG is: Will it sell well?

So i really don't think doing a poll or anything like that shows a result that actually means anything. And what if you have a very divided 60:40 ratio? What if there is a majority for a route, but all of the sudded due to licensing (or any other reason), they can't do this route? What actually is a meaningfull majority? 50 people in total who vote? 100? What if 70 of those 100 are on PC and vote for route A, but the other 30 who are on console all vote for route B?

40. CrazyDash

CrazyDash Well-Known Member

In addition, DTG doesn’t announce routes until they are near the end of production. I don’t want to know about an upcoming route until it’s 1-3 months from release. I don’t want to wait 9 months for something like Cane Creek. Just completely kills the hype. Plus most players are from Europe. So if an American route is being voted on, most Europeans probably don’t know what is good, and most likely won’t research. Would lead to a very unfair opinion. And if the route you voted for doesn’t even win, that’s gonna cause a lot of drama as well

• Like Like x 1
  41. drnicktgm#1259

The voting doesn't only have to be on the forum, it can be build up in-game or maybe also on social media, this is only a suggestion on how to get routes the majority wants, I understand your opinion, but I and maybe some others would like to have an influence on upcoming routes