Luzern - Sursee Completely Dark

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by dreampage, Mar 19, 2022.

Tags:
  1. 5cip

5cip Active Member

i drived from Luzern to Sursee with ETCS Level 1 with no issues :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Swisstrains

Swisstrains Well-Known Member

Well well, that was fast!
    Only seven days after release, there is an update! I admit (again!) that Rivet really cares for their customers, you can’t deny that!
    I took a ride on the previously “problematic” direction, Sursee—>Luzern a few minutes ago, and: Most bugs were simply gone! Great work!
    Now you can really enjoy this route a lot more with ETCS, I really like the “ringtone” it makes :D
    As I took a ride, I wrote down every bug or thing I noticed that would be cool to get fixed or worked on. I made three (personal) categories for them; from “would be nice if it would get worked on one day, if not, then not” to “please look into that!”

Here we go:
    Category one:
    -Crossing bell is missing (you already implemented it on Arosa at Sankt Peter Molinis)
    -The PIS boards are in the german design, which is a little bit different

Category two:
    -PIS on AI trains are missing
    -PIS destinations for RE services are missing
    -Platform edges don’t get wet in the rain
    -When driving from Sursee to Luzern, passengers don’t walk away from the train when stopping at Emmenbrücke Gersag; they are just staying in front of the door, blocking the passengers that want to get into the train

Category 3:
    -Headlights are really dark, would also love to see a high beam (does the FLIRT have one?)
    -ETCS bug right before Rothenburg Dorf (when driving from Sursee to Luzern); speed changes from 110 to 90 and the train immediately stops you, instead of giving you a note to slow down and calculating a brake curve
    -same ETCS bug right in front of Luzern (when driving form Sursee to Luzern) when the speed gets reduced from 80 to 40
    (Also had those bugs e.g. after Nottwil when speed reduces from 160 to 125 or between Emmenbrücke and Luzern when it drops from 80 to 60; works fine now!)
    -ETCS (bug?) right in front Emmenbrücke Gersag (driving from Sursee to Luzern) when crossing the switch that connects the AI line to the route the speedlimit drops down from 90 to 80 for a few seconds, causing you to stop due to over speeding; problem is, that there are no warnings that there is a reduction!

Apart from those bugs, I haven’t found something so far. Especially the dispatch beyond feature brings so much fun to this route! And as I already said: Great work with this patch guys, keep up the good work!

Cheers!

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  3. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Well ain't that a first

• Like Like x 3
  4. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

We still can't drive at night properly, not until the headlight is fix which i really do hope this will be soon. But yeah like you said Rivet is actually starting to listen to us which is a really good thing, and actually fixing these bug. :D:cool:

• Like Like x 2
  5. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Rather than the continual knocking of 3rd parties and rivet in particular, can we not just acknowledge and praise Rivet for getting a patch put so quickly which addresses the majority of issues raised.
    I took a punt on this as a day 1 purchase and I'm really glad I did.

The future of Rivet produced DLC is looking positive and with every release they get stronger and stronger.

• Like Like x 13
  6. Rybnicki

Rybnicki Well-Known Member

Fine for me, turn your screen brightness up!

7. JBViper

JBViper Well-Known Member

Yes, Rivet Games proves once again that they listen to the community. It's nice to see it in TSW after TS, where they made great DLC (I like their Swiss DLC). Thanks to the Rivet Games team.

• Like Like x 2
  8. kurtosizm

kurtosizm Well-Known Member

It seems I still get an emergency break driving from Sursee towards Luzern, just after Rothenburg where the speed drops from 110 to 90. Anyone else?

Last edited: Apr 1, 2022
  9. JBViper

JBViper Well-Known Member

Yes, they're working on the ETCS bugs.

10. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

Noted the ETCS issue when coming up to yellow signals, tones you, then E brake comes on without giving the driver time to get down to 40 km/h, there is no braking curve, just drops the speed marker to 40. Ran into this twice on a run from Sursee to Luzern.

11. vyncwr

vyncwr Member

Well, I was travelling with Flirt a lot, often in the cab, and no, their headlights are not weaker than any other trains in my country, (Hungary) which means it should be much much brighter. You should see at least 500m in front of you.... But headlights are ridiculously weak in tsw anyway.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Yeah, the "headlights are useless in real life as well" only applies to british trains. Pretty much every other country has proper headlights for their trains.

• Like Like x 2
  13. kurtosizm

It's a bit better in snowy conditions, the first 5 m area in front of you looks better (guess the snow reflects it a bit). From the outside, it looks much brighter than inside the cab. I looked at some UE4 commands to see if there's a way around it, but it seems only Rivet can fix brightness.

14. Sharon E

From my viewing of many Norwegian FLIRT cab ride videos, the single light above the cab will give a very bright light which is good out to the 400 - 500 m noted above. It lights up the inside of tunnels like it was daylight.

• Like Like x 1
  15. KiwiLE

KiwiLE Well-Known Member

From experience IRL of pre LED's on Class 37's in the Standedge Tunnel, you can see 40 to 50 metres only.
    Same on the Settle to Carlisle, a lightbulb in a glass housing will not give any more than 50 metres!
    Im seeing maybe 75 with modern LED lights.

16. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

This is how it is as of right now driving at night, which is somewhat better but still not up to standard, :|:|
    upload_2022-4-3_14-19-35.jpeg

upload_2022-4-3_14-19-42.jpeg

17. Rybnicki

This is odd, mine has visible track and buildings at night. Not as bright as it should be with headlights but still, not like the above

18. Sharon E

I ran a test night run yesterday and, even with the room kinda bright, I could see fairly well. I think if I ran it after dark with most of the room lights off, it would be fine. Yes, we need the button to go to bright on that upper, middle light which would give plenty of light to run with. There was a wonderful stary sky over everything as you moved along.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Sharon E

This is what I am seeing on a run leaving Sursee at 23.30. Should note, I am using 4K.

bandicam 2022-04-04 10-57-10-876.jpg bandicam 2022-04-04 10-57-35-828.jpg

20. chacal#2181

chacal#2181 Well-Known Member

I dont own this route. I was upset at Rivet after their forest drive simulator in WCL. Still i have to admit that this route seems far better than any Rivet previous ones :

- great train 3d modelling (as always with Rivet)
    - very nice station 3d modellin (again Rivet are good in that)
    - Nice scenery, this one is really a big step up from Arosa or WCL.
    - A Swiss route !

The less good :
    - sounds and train physics are maybe not that great. And we know they wont change.

The poor :
    - this is a problem with other routes likes CCL too : no other trains (ai) on large stations means that they are lifleless. Its only you and 2 or 3 ai trains during à whole timetable play.
    - the biggest showstopper that prevent me from buying even at reduced price : the route lenght, come on its ridiculous !

Still the best of Rivets entries in TSW so far...

• Like Like x 4
  21. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

its like you read my mind

• Like Like x 4
  22. chacal#2181

chacal#2181 Well-Known Member

And that without eating your brain ;)

• Like Like x 3
  23. vyncwr

vyncwr Member

Just came to my mind as was travelling on a Flirt today. Where is the really typical circuit breaker sound?

24. Jasper_Rivet

Jasper_Rivet Well-Known Member

Thanks for the detailed feedback chacal#2181 , much appreciated! :) And we'll definitely have a look at the sound, physics is a bit harder.

vyncwr Could you specify which exact sound you're talking about?

• Like Like x 1
  25. kurtosizm

Thanks for checking in! I personally am happy with physics and the sound - the buggy ETCS system is a bigger problem, I hope that will get fixed soon. Wanted to ask, is it a big job to add some external camera views? Normally, these are controlled by the arrow keys on a keyboard. Would be nice to lean out, a feature that all DTG locos have.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  26. vyncwr

vyncwr Member

Hi, there's a constant high freq sound when turn on the circuit breaker.

Edit: when the CB is on.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2022
  27. Volvo B10M

Volvo B10M Active Member

How do you turn on the headlights? There seems to be a button to turn them off but not to turn them on.

• Like Like x 1
  28. Rybnicki

They turn on automatically when you select forward on the reverser. No need to turn them on manually.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  29. chooseyorc#3290

chooseyorc#3290 New Member

The thread died out, but more than a year later, ETCS bugs described here are still present. This is very-very frustrating.

• Like Like x 6
  30. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

Welcome to the world of TSW :)

• Like Like x 1
  31. Does the FLIRT have tinted windows in real life?

It is unusual as most vehicles, car and train, are required to have absolutely no tinting. By law. Australia and I guess the USA and EU too.

32. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Certainly not in the US
    [​IMG]

Different states have their own limits on how deep a tint is permitted, but I'm not aware of any which prohibit it.

33. On the front window?

On the windshield only the top 5 inches is usually allowed. The rest is absolutely no tint.

https://www.raynofilm.com/blog/automotive-window-tint-laws-by-state

34. Yes I love this route! High quality!!!

35. Swisstrains

Swisstrains Well-Known Member

I’m not 100% sure, but I think it’s not as much as in TSW. I do think though that this train wouldn’t look as good if they wouldn’t have tinted the windshield- and I think the lighting itself is kore of a problem because when you set the weather to thunderstorm it’s just fog with the sun looking through- and not like on KWG where you can experience real weather…

• Like Like x 1
  36. I find the 422/425 DB railcars in Germany accelerate faster than the FLIRTs and I have seen no complaints on the 422/425s ROFL

The Luzern Sursee route is absolutely magnificent!! Hoping for more Swiss routes. Austrian and Czech ones too!!

• Like Like x 1
  37. In Rail Journeys I just tried the Showers scenario about 4:25pm in the afternoon. Everything is black except for the sky! I still love the route though. It is probably why I play it in summer at around 10am-2pm..... to get the maximum light. It looks great.

I think the new TSW3 lighting hasn't been applied but what do I know?

I know Sherman Hill got it done but SH is not a 3rd party route right?

I think Rail Journeys Luzern-Sursee Showers is in the 2nd chapter? 20230810210615_1.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  38. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Only Boston and Sherman Hill got the new lighting. So did sos and sehs but those are base routes so I left them out.