Horseshoe Curve.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by marcjmurray, Apr 13, 2022.

1. marcjmurray

marcjmurray Member

I am really unhappy because the fans on roof of the es44ac ns do not work why bother putting fan on roof for it not to work also training module long train is broken bs up to pressure does not give next option. Also the 387 red train London commuter the fans do not work. But the 377 does. If going to spend so much getting trains right why can't they get fans working.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mr heff

Mr heff Well-Known Member

Welcome to TSW, a whole world of bugs™

• Like Like x 4
  3. appleerwin

appleerwin Member

The “long train” training did work for me (PS5 version). You just have to wait a very long time: up to 20-30 minutes.

4. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

Who has 20-30 minutes to just sit and wait. OK in real life maybe but this is a game (Simulation) not real life. Suppose though unlike in real life I could have made a cuppa, done the hoovering, house work, answered a few emails. ETC

• Like Like x 3
  5. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

To be fair they did make an announcement regarding this.

The tutorial is there to set the realistic expectation for long train setup.

Sure, I agree that 28 minutes is too long to wait for brakes to charge, in game, but it only happens in that one tutorial, and it’s to set your expectation, that whilst setting up these trains, it will take longer than other trains.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  6. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

DTG get criticised for making the game realistic and then get criticised if they don't, Sometimes they just can't win.

• Like Like x 3
  7. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Did the person you’re quoting make both complaints though?

Also, context is a huge factor when it comes to realism.

• Like Like x 1
  8. marcsharp2

Do you want realism or not? It's that simple.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

long train worked for me the brake pressure released me at 68 psi and then gave me the go ahead to throttle up and get on my way. im on PS 5. i think it took about 30 mins

10. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

Well ok if "You" want to sit on your sofa at a red signal for 20-30 minutes, like it is real life that's ok. I am not being paid to do it like a real driver. I pay DTG to make the game/ simulation, whatever you want to call it.

Bit like those Model Railways you see at show's. Nothing is moving because they are running a "Realistic" Model Railway Timetable! (Never heard of a speeded up clock) 1 train an hour, guess why there is no one look at their layout. People paid good money to see trains run at a show and entertain them, not sit in the station, as it is not time to leave for another 35 minutes! Their is a balance between Realism and Models or Games.

• Like Like x 5
  11. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

Well said, my thoughts exactly. The O.P. seemed to be moaning because something wasn't realistic. Then moaned because they had to wait at a red light for twenty minutes because it was realistic. How can DTG win with people like this?

• Like Like x 3
  12. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

It really isn’t though, is it?

13. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

The instructions say when the brakes get to 60, seems to be when the REAR brakes get to 60 you can be on your way

14. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

Than DTG should creates its perfect customers? :)

15. mariner86

mariner86 Active Member

Look at them again when in Dynamic braking.

16. Calidore266

Calidore266 Well-Known Member

Or, as with the TVL 101, they can actually find a way to accommodate both sides...and people are still ignoring that and complaining days later.

Then there would be complaints that DTG's AI customers weren't behaving realistically.

• Like Like x 1
  17. marcsharp2

Yes it is. Do you want a realistic train sim or an unrealistic one?

18. marcsharp2

Some modellers focus more on the scenery than the rolling stock, especially if its a faithful recreation of a real location, realism.

19. extrabored#3934

extrabored#3934 New Member

I can live without working fans (although it should work since other locos do) but the SAVE GAME feature (PS4)? That needs to work. It does not.

• Like Like x 2
  20. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

I typically prefer a warmer climate, but I do not want to be set alight.

• Like Like x 1
  21. The_Drunken_Engineer

The_Drunken_Engineer Well-Known Member

Hmmm let's see. How about the game being riddled with bugs where at times you'd be waiting forever for the red light to change. Sitting around for half an hour doing nothing, what fun! You seem to forget people mostly play sim games because it is fun to them. But I don't know, perhaps for true simulation, DTG can every once in a while simulate the engineer having a heart attack and dying 45 minutes into a run. What? It's realistic!

• Like Like x 4
  22. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Three of those fans are to cool the dynamic brake resistor banks; they don't turn unless DB is on.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  23. marcsharp2

But if you went to a setting that was simulating a warmer climate, You'd want it to be warm wouldn't you.

24. steveownzzz#6107

steveownzzz#6107 Well-Known Member

Sounds like a pretty good route if these are the biggest complaints. I’m sold!

25. yankee62586

yankee62586 New Member

Huge fan of Horseshoe Curve and they did a great job on capturing it. Just a few questions from a PS4 user. 1. I can’t seem to save during and return to my saved game. Anyone else having that problem? 2. Is there a way to get the helper locomotives to provide power? After the intro to the ES44AC came the task of pulling fully loaded hoppers from Altoona to Cresson. 2 units in the front in notch 8 and 2 at the back providing no power over the curve. Less than 15 MPH all the way over the mountain with full power. Any suggestions? Other note… on the Long Trains introduction, anyone using a PS4 have issues on the ‘Note rear pressure’ “Check the rear pressure on the EODT display above the brake handles”? When I look at the display it won’t move onto the next step.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  26. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

I don't have this route, but the save function in the game has been bugged since TSW2020 I believe.

• Like Like x 2
  27. mleestrike101delta

mleestrike101delta Member

I'm having the same problem with Long Train, the objective to look at the rear brake pressure (as denoted by the two markers with eyes on them) and I wave my cursor over them and nothing. Doesn't go on to the next step. Waited sometimes for 15 minutes with no change.

• Like Like x 1
  28. sergio volodstok

sergio volodstok Active Member

The only problem I'm having with HSC is the route is very bright. Washed out. Hurts looking at it.. :mad:

Comparing HSC with Sandpatch or Sherman Hill, it looks like a route from TSW 2020; really reminds me of Oakville sub. But the vehicles look good on other routes, though..

29. mleestrike101delta

Another thing, I read that 8th gen consoles (PS4) were supposed to have consists capped at 40 cars. The service I'm doing now (571 Shire Oaks - Reading) has a consist of 80 cars! (I counted the cars myself) I'm on PS4 and frame rate is horrendous. Am I right or wrong about this?

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  30. docsnyder1911

Scenario or timetablemode? At scenario planner there where 80 car tank car trains available before.

31. mleestrike101delta

All the scenarios I've played so far have come within the limit. It was timetable 571 Shire Oaks - Reading I noticed there were 80 cars in the consist. The stuttering was so bad that for every second that passed on the in game clock, nearly two seconds would pass in real world time. I clocked in at one hour and forty-five minutes in the game when I finished, but when I checked my watch, nearly three hours had passed. Not fun.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  32. docsnyder1911

When SPG came out on consoles I tried the following:

I put together 2 trains with bethgons at Cumberland. So I had a 100 car train. With that the framerate goes heavily down. But if I uncoupled 30 cars, the framerate at he 70 car train was not so bad like before. I made that at OSD too. And it worked. It seems with the new "improved" physics that we have in the meantime things got worse. You gave us a good example from HSC.

33. kekanha#4892

kekanha#4892 Active Member

Change chanel, or take a cafe, a tea, do something else. "Simulator", the word mean something to you???, not a sport game. Is a real simulator, they sell the game like a "real simulator".

34. arek#2842

arek#2842 Well-Known Member

Do you mean Long Trains introduction?

According to Update Notes from 22nd April this issue with too long time of brakes charging has been fixed:

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/th...-notes-22nd-april-2022-horseshoe-curve.54164/