Scenario Download....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by paulc, Apr 11, 2022.

1. paulc

paulc Well-Known Member

I'm a Subscriber to ATS which I did to get Missing link route, there are many scenarios on the site but it seems for any to work I need the majority of paid content from AP/JT/ATS ect! Are there any sources of scenarios that don't have such high DLC requirements? Basically I want to better utilise what I have which is as follows....

WCML North
    WCML over Shap
    WCML missing link ATS
    WCML TV
    WCML South
    London - Ipswich
    North Wales Coast
    Liverpool - Manchester

I think that's it :D

As you may have guessed I'm finding TS tools tricky to use/understand so I'm just after a simpler solution.

Thanks

2. westcastlerail

westcastlerail Active Member

The short answer from my experience is that you are going to struggle.

The long answer...
    I had the same sort of objectives as you with the ATS missing link, and wanted to achieve it through downloading scenarios.
    I ended up creating a couple of my own, but they did get a bit repetitive.

I have now been going over 18 months with TS, and I have most of the UK based DLC from JT / AP / Steam etc , but still hardly ever seem to have enough DLC to fully run many third party scenarios.

Hence, I have now gone down the route of learning how to set up Quickdrive, amd started using RW Enchancer2, which allows AI to be set up in groups/era based on DLC you actually own.

RW Enchancer2 allows you so do intermediate station stops in QD, and the AI is then always random.(Both oncoming and following)

Its a major pain learning how to set QD up, but I am achieving some great results on JT Mainline Paddington to Penzance route which allows me to switch ERA's by changing the QD route date and get a different drive each time.

You can also set the weather, live time and date, and then follow current services using Realtime Trains

My next plan is to move onto the WCML, and Missing Link will probably be me first QD set up stop!

3. TimeSlicedDanny

TimeSlicedDanny Active Member

Have you tried the Workshop on Steam?

4. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

It really is worth persevering with learning TS-Tools, either that or get a second income.. :D

Last edited: Apr 11, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  5. paulc

paulc Well-Known Member

Thanks for the replies! Looks like I`ll have to get to grips with TS Tools! I`ll get hold of RW Enchancer2 and see whats what with that.

As for a 2nd income I`m busy enough with my 1st income & my wife & 2 kids & very demanding cat :D Its a wonder I have time to do any TS stuff at all!

6. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

How is that different to a normal Quick Drive?

The only requirement with a Quick Drive is you start somewhere and you have a place the journey ends.
    If you wish to stop at intermediate stations you can do and if you wish to ignore them it is fine.
    The QD for AI trains is also random

7. westcastlerail

Hi Peter
    In RWE2 you get announcements, including pre-departure, at station and departing even in Quick Drive.

So for instance, when leaving Oxford, you get an announcement saying this train is for London Paddington, calling at Reading.
    On approach to Reading, you get a now arriving announcement.
    At the Station you get an announcement saying this train is for London Paddington only etc etc etc.

For longer runs, such as the ones I am now doing on JT Western mainlines, with a lot more stops, QD in RWE2 just feels to me a lot more like a live train service. (rather than and open ended quick drive from A to B, and stop at stations if you like when using direct in TS22).

Plan to set QD up on WCML, (including ATS Missing Link!) over the Easter weekend.
    (unfortunately though the UK weather forecast is looking pretty good to TS time may be limited!

The QD for AI trains is also random[/QUOTE]
    Only if it has been set up - which many routes have very limited or none. For instance the Oxford Paddington route only had a handful of AI, so have gone in and set a lot more up.
    For the ATS Missing Link, I am suspecting there will be no AI Spawn points (which actually makes setting them up easier!)

8. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

With RWE2 how does the system know where you are going to stop - or does it generate a random announcement.

9. westcastlerail

For the announcements, I assume RWE2 must read the name field within the QD scenario Station Markers, and then use voice recognition software and insert the names into standard pre-recorded announcements templates.

ie: We will soon be arriving at (insert name) which will be our next station stop.

Some QD screenshots from RWE2 showing:
    1) How to select the route and consist
    2) How to select live time and weather
    3) How to select the station stops you require during the route.

RWE2 QD does add the stops into the Quick Drive tasks, so you are tasked in TS with arriving at the stations you have selected during a Quickdrive.

I might do a tutorial (if anyone is interested) when I come to do the Missing Link hopefully over the weekend / next week!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 12, 2022
  10. Craigie-C

Craigie-C Well-Known Member

Hi Peter, not sure if you own the ATS/Imbue studios Class 185 but that utilizes a separate app that runs alongside TS and depending which route code you enter into the trains system will provide announcements prior to arriving at a station, when you open the doors etc.
    I wonder if RWE2 uses the same technology?

11. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

.pdfs instead of images? Oh no thank you very much. save and upload them as .png or .jpg and we can view them here, I'm not downloading .pdf's

12. westcastlerail

Hi Reef
    Please find attached Jpegs as requested! 01 Service Consist selection.jpg 02 Weather and Time selection.jpg 03 QD Stop selection.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  13. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

So it not really a Quick Drive then.
    It you are entering stopping places then it is not a real Quick Drive.

When I run a Quick Drive I choose where I'm going to stop after I set off.
    The whole point of the QD is to do what you want and if you insert other tasks it is no different to a standard scenario

14. westcastlerail

But on a standard scenario the same thing happens every time in the same place?

Ie, if I put a blocking service half way along the route to get some yellow/reds, it will always happen exactly the same and you know to expect it in a standard or career scenario.

On the QD , the drive (and AI) is always different.

For instance, on each route I have set 4 different AI spawn points in the same direction as I am driving.

Each AI point is set as a 25% probability that they will appear during the drive. (Using the AI groups).

This means I may get a clear run, or I may have a nightmare run and get stuck all along the line, hence every drive is different and never know if or when yellows /red will appear.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2022
  15. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

When I run a Real Drive by Kim Olesen I select my start and end locations
    The Real Drive will put random AI in front of me. One trip I get check at a location and the next I don't

It is the Stopping Places in the RWE2 version - When I'm driving the train I chose where to stop and not pre setting it

• Like Like x 1
  16. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen Well-Known Member

I am glad that people seem to be catching on about how powerful quick drives can be. If done right, they can be a neverending source of variation. Specially, but not only, the thing about signal randomisation.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2022
  17. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Am I correct in that your real drives are only on German routes, did I read that somewhere?

18. westcastlerail

Agreed!

19. Kim Olesen

German, Austrian, Swiss and one Italian.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Ahh ok thanks, shame I only drive UK ones, the real drives sound interesting. :)

21. Kim Olesen

I would love for them to catch on with other scenario builders. But so far i seem to be the only one who is making them available to the public.

I think it’s because the whole preload thing is difficult to grasp and get right. Specially when considering that when you export them with a scenario, you are in essense modifying the recievers setup. So you have to excert discipline and cautiousness when doing so. To know 100% what you are doing.

They also take a long time to make. When i started my goal was to have 5-6 places where i could be potentially meet a danger signal. But after a couple of times i knew where i might meet them, so i wasn’t paying attention the rest of the route. So now i am building them so that (almost) every main signal could show red. This often gives variations that exceeds millions of permutations. I also managed to solve 749006 issue about not feeling he was following a train. Plus all stock on sidings is random too.

When i play them, i often start by hitting the Random button. Then i choose the drive and the train. That means weather is randomised too.

• Like Like x 2