Xbox Clichfield Extra 3014 South

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by matt8350, Feb 26, 2022.

1. matt8350

matt8350 Member

I noticed while playing the CRR Extra 3014 South - Southbound Coal that once you get to the meet with the Northbound train that needs to switch at Allen Storage that once the Northbound picks up the waiting loads it will not reverse onto it's train so that both trains can continue their journey North & South. This is probably the 5th timed I've played this Timetable and experienced this issue. I have even sat there for over an hour waiting for the train to move thinking maybe it had to wait for the correct time to move and still nothing. I even tried jumping from train to train to get things moving and still nothing. Has anyone else experienced this issue with this train? I hope that I'm not the only one. This is the only one I noticed in the Timetable for the SD40.

• Like Like x 1
  2. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Was reported 1000 times, and i would be happy if dtg starts to fix that instead of ignoring it. This issue breaks the entire timetable.

I noticed during making the collectable stuff.

So far every platform is affected. Im on pc, and last report of this bug came from the ps section.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  3. matt8350

matt8350 Member

Oh ok, well it's nice to see it is also happening on the other platforms and not only the Xbox. I understand there are issues but if something has been reported over and over you would think the issue would get fixed. Don't get me wrong, I love playing Train Sim but things like this can be frustrating especially when you're close to finishing a route 100%. With the Clinchfield Route I am nearly 100% complete. This will be the first route that i completed. Next is Sand Patch lol.

I also posted another thread about the Greenbriar Part 7 about an issue there was got a reply about having to speed through the route and do a flying disconnection but I don't see how that's possible especially when you have to uncouple to caboose to drop the hoppers off in the siding and then couple back up to the caboose. I now keep getting there is a train in the block message. If they would just adjust the time of the northbound by 20-30 minutes it wouldn't be a problem then.

• Like Like x 1
  4. matt8350

matt8350 Member

I understand they get numerous reports everyday but when the same thing keeps coming through from different platforms that should grab their attention right away. I also understand they are busy but take a few and see what the issue is.

• Like Like x 1
  5. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Matt from DTG said he would take a look but with no promise of a fix and that was back in July 2021. The problem is that you are running around 20 to 25 minutes later than an AI train would be on the same service by the time you get to that signal. AI trains run a lot faster on Clinchfield than the player can (so would be much further down the track by that time) and so the blockage only occurs for a player driven train on that service. The timetable is only really tested in full for the AI being able to run it through. Fixes for this kind of issue take forever to be done if they ever are. It may get fixed when Clinchfield is looked at by the preservation crew, whenever that may be.

6. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

When i did the collectables the entire time table drove a.i only without any take over from me.

The entire thing got stuck always because this service ending in a lot of trains behind a red signal.

7. matt8350

matt8350 Member

I mean it's good they know about this issue. One can only hope the preservation crew takes a look at it at some point. Out of all the timetables on the Clinchfield these were the only two I've had problems with. Other than that, it's a great route to run on.

8. matt8350

matt8350 Member

Well I figured out how to complete this one. Once again you must speed from the very start and get to the signal by Allen Storage before the train manages to get on the other side of the passing siding after it comes out of the first tunnel after leaving Dante. If you manage to get to the signal the train that does switching at Allen storage must take the first siding it comes to and wait for you to pass. Granted you won't get a lot of points for doing this but this is the only way until they get the problem fixed.

• Like Like x 1
  9. laurie

laurie New Member

I had a hair-raising ride, going as fast as I could (105km/h), and can confirm what matt8350 says. I got a bronze medal (just over 2,000 ap), but at least I finished it.

Hint: set cutout and mu-2a values before releasing automatic brake. It leaves the brake pipe at around 65, which means you can do the hill start at Elkhart almost immediately.

10. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

As many have reported this service is broken. Seems like it’s a 100% failure rate on all platforms. When the train is player operated. As a few others have mentioned there is a work around if you really need to finish it but it requires you to fly through blowing all the speed limits.

I hope a patch comes out soon to fix this and also fix the banking comms which doesn’t work on Clinchfield.

Both these things are widely reported and have been broken for like a year with no patch… other than these two issues the DLC is pretty good so it would be nice if they fix it. As much as I love getting new routes it is pretty bad when they can manage to pump out new DLC but take a year to fix them, they need a bug fixing team with a bit more priority.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2022
    • Like Like x 1