Bahnstrecke Leipzig – Riesa Coming Soon

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-ChrisTS, Apr 13, 2022.

1. TrainSim-ChrisTS

TrainSim-ChrisTS Staff Member

TS1_Social_Leipzig_Riesa_Assets_In_game_loading_screen_COMING_SOON_ENG_1920x1080.jpg

Bahnstrecke Leipzig – Riesa is launching with Train Simulator Classic, April 21st. Let's find out more about this extension to Bahnstrecke Riesa – Dresden...

Article

• Like Like x 3
  2. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Read the article and it has the City Tunnel seen in Sister Game train simulator world 2 rapid transit downloadable content. Looks like City Tunnel section can be compared to the TSW2 version.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

With the Leipzig City Tunnel now being added to Train Simulator, doesn't this make it the first route to be backported from Train Sim World?
    Also, is the Talent 2 a reskin or a new model?

• Like Like x 1
  4. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Well its an 1442 so props both

5. atomicdanny

atomicdanny Staff Member

Technically no, because it's only part of the S2 line on this version (the station assets were copied from TSW - but the route itself was made from scratch (so not copied from TSW )

• Like Like x 1
  6. R3dS41ft

R3dS41ft Active Member

What is being included as part of the classic release: is it the extension only or the full route including the extension?

7. atomicdanny

atomicdanny Staff Member

The route itself is Dresden to Leipzig (so I'd assume it would also include the Dresden to Riesa route as well) at least the Main Release - but don't quote me on that of course, but Jamie did mention the possibility of a "complete my collection" above ), the standalone version - I don't know on that one - so can't really answer.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. robinrasquin

robinrasquin Member

Price of DLC ?

9. CowBoyWolf

The usual price 15.99 properly

• Like Like x 1
  10. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The original Dresden - Risa was £24.99 - the price of most routes - not sure why you think a longer route will be cheaper?

11. CowBoyWolf

Check the extensions dlc’s

12. ex_railwayman

ex_railwayman Active Member

According to today's DB timetable the rail mileage distance from Leipzig to Dresden is 74 miles, which is approx. 119kms. I travelled the route personally about 12 year's ago by coach, but, I wouldn't have thought the distance is massively different across road and rail, so, unsure how DTG can print in their article it's 153km for the full trip, does that include the adjacent ICE trackage along the same length of route as well as the yards and the sidings?

Cheerz. Steve.

And it is possible that they will make us pay full price for this extension, as Riesa - Dresden is 55km and Riesa to Lepzig is 64km, which is slightly longer, we will have to wait and see, however, having paid for nearly half the route already, to have to pay nearly £50 altogether for 119km is not appreciated, nor, affordable.

Leipzig to Dresden rail mileage.jpg

Last edited: Apr 19, 2022
  13. atomicdanny

atomicdanny Staff Member

It also includes the S Bahn City Tunnel section to Englesdorf too :) (the S Bahn goes to Wurzen / Oschatz - so not just that :) )

And also the Avoiding Line in Dresden Riesa (so that is probably included in the total too)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 19, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  14. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The DB Timetable I looked at shows the route in Kms - Leipzig Hbf to Dresden Hbf as 121km

upload_2022-4-19_11-44-42.png

Leipzig Hbf (tief) to Englesdorf via the S Bahn route adds another 9 km to make the route 130kms
    upload_2022-4-19_11-52-45.png

There is the parallel section from Leckwitz to Coswig that adds another 23 km to the total of 153km as shown in the blurb

The new sections are Leipzig Hbf to Riesa of 66km + the 9 km Leipzig Hbf (tief) to Englesdorf - a total of 75km

Peter

• Like Like x 1
  15. Craigie-C

Craigie-C Well-Known Member

Has anybody heard anymore about a possible "complete my collection" offering?
    I personally feel a little disgruntled that a complete Newbie to TS Classic can spend £17.99 and get
    1. Train Sim Classic Core Game
    2. Bahnstrecke Leipzig - Dresden
    3. WCML South: London Euston - Birmingham
    4. Tehachapi Pass: Mojave - Bakersfield
    Us bods that have invested, in some cases over 1.5K, into this game have to pay the exact same amount just for the Bahnstrecke Leipzig - Dresden route.
    It just seems a bit unfair as this is basically TS2022 with 1 route changed and we have to pay for the whole thing again.

16. onurazad#4030

onurazad#4030 New Member

Bahnstrecke Leipzig - Riesa Rota Uzatma Eklentisi Aldığım günden beri hatta sorun var, herhangi bir cisim ve eşya yok, yardımcı olur musunuz?

17. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

You would need to give us more information about what is missing

18. Doomotron

"Bahnstrecke Leipzig - Riesa Route Extension Extension Since the day I bought it, there are problems on the line, there are no objects and items, can you help?"

If there are milk bottles, this shows there are missing assets. A file verification should fix this or uninstalling and reinstalling the pack (the latter is perhaps better if you have mods that overwrite existing content such as sound packs, as these would be reset during a verification). As 749006 has said, please give us more details, or even better, screenshots.

19. triznya.andras

triznya.andras Well-Known Member

If there "no objects and items", it is likely the base route is not installed (owned, purchased).
    Just around the corner someone had an issue with Soldier Summit.
    (I can't fathom why these are not exclusively complete your collection items. Unless they are supposed to be bait.)
    The Steam page of each extension usually references the original route - somewhere near the very bottom (where nobody is looking).

20. Doomotron

Don't Riesa to Liepzig and Soldier Summit Salt Lake City come with the original asset pack but not the base route?

21. triznya.andras

triznya.andras Well-Known Member

I didn't ever test it, but it's simple. Check SteamDB, I assume there are just two apps; then uninstall the core and check.
    Based on regular questions I assume: no, you need both. As in, the extension is only an extension.
    upload_2023-1-8_21-59-53.png
    There was one extension that was executed with supplying the original route but not the scenarios. (South Wales Coastal if my memory serves.) In that sense a one-off.

22. Doomotron

No, SWC's Bristol extension came with the assets from the base route but did not actually come with SWC itself yet was marked as owned on Steam, so players who bought SWC's extension first couldn't buy the original pack to play its scenarios or its loco DLC - I had to politely ask DTG to actually get the base route.

Chatham Main And Medway Valley Lines did come with London to Gillingham however.