Quick Drive

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dufftrain#8251, Apr 15, 2022.

1. dufftrain#8251

dufftrain#8251 New Member

Is there a way to create multiple stops in QD or just destination. Thanks in advance

2. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

3. playthoseblues

playthoseblues Active Member

Reef Does RW Enhancer work with routes that don't have quick drive enabled? I have a few JT routes - Western Mainlines and South Western Expressways which I'd like to use this with.

4. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

No, simply because RWE2 is basically an overlay, it doesn't alter any existing game functions it only adds an additional layer (graphically wise with the HUD and also with the audio enhancements - obviously the shader alterations do change game files)

Once you've set everything up in RWE2 chosen your route. loco and stops it then launches the game, you then have to select the QD menu in-game find the route and loco and then press drive, once the scenario loads in you then will have the RWE2 overlay appear and you start the drive.

You can create and save QD consists with RWE2 but cannot make a non QD route QD ready.

Creating a QD within the game editor can be relatively easy to downright complicated depending on what AI you want. I suggest you watch a few YouTube tutorials to see whether that's something that is within your scope.

5. westcastlerail

westcastlerail Active Member

Both JT Western Mainlines and South Western Expressway come with Quickdrive enabled, so you can do Quickdrives straight away with RWE2.

The JT Western mainlines has very limited on comingAI though, but Have spent a lot of time sorting this out so QD now works really well with RWE2.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2022
  6. westcastlerail

Not sure if RWE2 is just an overlay, as the tasks (station stops for instance) do appear in the TS menu at the end of the QD.

7. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Well it's nothing different to what I've written before and the RWE2 dev has even agreed with how I've described it, really not sure about the stops showing in the TS menu, can't say I've ever noticed it myself, will check out of interest later. I know they don't show in the Tasks (F1) menu during the QD scenario or in the info display within the F3 or F4 HUD's so not sure how the game picks it up in the post run debrief.

Of course my post is a simplification of the RWE2 features and processes and should be viewed as such but people are often worried that RWE2 changes core files or DLC content within the game and I can categorically state that this is not the case. (exception being the shaders as was the case with RWE and RWE Pro)

• Like Like x 2
  8. malmac

malmac New Member

Simply choose a destination, find a timetable for the route online then follow whatever stopping pattern you have chosen. All intermediate stations appear on the HUD but not in the task menu.

9. dufftrain#8251

Thanks I have actually been doing just that. Thank you for replying

10. dufftrain#8251

Actually was also wondering why the stops you do make in between dont show up on debriefing?

11. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Because QD isn't programmed too, it's only concerned with the start and end locations

12. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

That's the nature of QuickDrive.

Technically, a QD scenario is a template (internally "eTemplateScenarioClass"). After selecting your starting location and destination, a Standard scenario is created with the stoppings defined in the template being converted to waypoints, that makes them appear on the HUD and creating your dispatched path. Your only instruction is a "StopAt" at your destination - where you stop during your trip is up to you and as there are no tasks other than arriving at your destination, other stops will not be logged by the game.

If you particularly like a specific quick drive and want to add intermediate stops or PickupPassenger instructions, you can go into World Editor (press Escape), then Scenario Editor ingame and edit the Scenario name to save it as Standard Scenario. If you do not change the name it will be overwritten the next time you play from the QuickDrive menu on that route.

After saving it, you can edit it like any other standard scenario. So to answer your original question, yes you can.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2022
  13. westcastlerail

QD Issue.jpg Since the TS update yesterday, when adding in AI, page 2 of the detail required for the probablity of consists groups (ie Passenger fast, regional commuter etc ) does not work when clicking on the Page 2 tab.

Tried various routes and locations, cleared the cache and did a steam file verification, but nothing seem to fix the problem.

Is it just me or does anyone else have the same problem?

Last edited: Apr 21, 2022
  14. dufftrain#8251

I dont understand any of the builder part yet

15. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Strange, as yesterday's update was just a routes update, there were no changes to core files afaik. I cannot confirm your issue.

2022-04-21 12_00_30-Train Simulator (x64).png

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2022
  16. westcastlerail

Thanks for checking. I tried again last night on Settle to Carlisle and could see page 2 of the AI selection page with no problem

Still would not work on ATS WCML missing link… wonder if the problem is route specific, or whether ATS have not added the AI groups in quick drive?

If anyone has ATS WCML missing link, would they be please able to check to see if they have the same problem, (before I raise a ticket with ATS?)

17. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Ok, so it seems to be a route specific issue. Don't have ATS stuff. Good luck then!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2022
  18. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen Well-Known Member

You are talking about a long standing and ANNOYINGLY (sorry dtg team, but it’s driving me crazy) unfixed bug.

The page two of the AI spawn point freezes (and this is speculation on my part) when the scenario tracks bin exceeds 4gb. This particular part of the code never seem to got past the 32bit to 64bit upgrade that TS had in 2018.

Sometimes you can clear the cache, restart the game, and you can go on. But on routes like Münster - Bremen where the tracks.bin already is big, you simply reach a certain limit and second page of the spawnpoint locks. And even if you delete a whole bunch and try to add new spawnpoints, once one have locked, all spawnpoints lock up.

DTG Jamie Will you please ask the team to fix this bug. It must be possible without costing you much time.

Video here: https://youtube.com/shorts/zSUxDSN26HE?feature=share

19. westcastlerail

Hi Kim
    Thanks for letting me know about the above issue - I will raise a ticket with DTG.
    Have spent many an hour trying to fix or learn many things in TS, that I assume I was not doing correctly, only to find they are broken.
    Have to say this forum is a great resource to finding out about things that don't work as intended, and again many thanks for letting me know.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen Well-Known Member

I’ve been trying for years to get a bugfix for this.