Horseshoe Curve Ulta Short Review

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by breblimator, Apr 13, 2022.

1. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Agree. Even living in a "cheap" place (unless you are a tourist of course) - southern Italy - it's hard to spend €30 to have the same hours of entertainment as a TSW DLC.

Even talking about other games. I've just spent €40 for the MSFS Concorde, but I doubt I will play it as much as some of my most played TSW DLC

• Like Like x 3
  2. Suryaaji#2369

Suryaaji#2369 Well-Known Member

I'm lucky enough in my country. Maximum price for TSW2 DLC over here is 11,26 USD (Epic) and 9,73 USD (Steam). Plus i get the games for free from Epic Games.

3. breblimator

breblimator Guest

For me in Poland, the price of DLC is ~ 10% of my go-work fuel budget.
    When the fuel price will fall, for example, by 10%, I will be able to buy two DLCs or something to drink :D
    ... to enjoy the game even more!

• Like Like x 5
  4. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Go play Forza then

5. IsambardKingdomBrunel

IsambardKingdomBrunel Well-Known Member

SCS ETS2 & ATS dlc is far cheaper than DTG. I have loved railways since about the age of 3yrs. Worked in the industry straight from school. Left before poxy privatisation. BUT because of the poor quality of the so called train sims. I play the two truck sims far far more than i do, anything rail game related. Never into trucks either until i bought those two games. I do not hesitate to buy the dlc for both games, as soon as it is released. So because of DTG's oh and N3V's p**s poor track record. SCS benefit and DTG etc get very little of my limited income.

• Like Like x 4
  6. redrev1917

Close the door on the way out then please.

• Like Like x 1
  7. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

Just totted up how much Ive spent on TSW its circa I've got 52/54 DLC

• Like Like x 1
  8. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

the new DLC is very expensive 150 yuan,before 90 yuan

• Like Like x 2
  9. redrev1917

Which one can you drive in Forza? If you want realistic driving experience then you need iracing or accesto corsa. Both of which will set you back a hell of a lot more than TSW over the course of a year

10. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

Never heard from "accesto corsa". :) It seams you discovered a new game or you made a mistake. :)

Last edited: Apr 15, 2022
  11. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Its what i recommend to everybody, just go outside and deal with the real thing.
    Somebody actually working in the rail industry knows instant the differences. I did a lot of technical crash and accident investigations, mostly on bogies.

Im well aware that modeling an entire train with its full complexity is way beyond the scope of whats useful and probably beyond whats even possible.

So i actually when i criticise dtg about quality, its not because they didnt make a 1:1 replica. its about things which make a huge difference in game with low effort in going the extra mile. Sounds, cutted off features (stuff was present in early dlcs and not in newer..), not implement disused stations etc..

Putting alot of effort into new rolling stock, and not seeing a use in the 24h timetable mode, not even as a static stock...(hc).

The reason everybody still comes back to tsw is, the list of good things is still much longer.

• Like Like x 3
  12. redrev1917

If you are going to pull someone up for typos you might want to check you don't make them yourself.

• Like Like x 1
  13. docsnyder1911

Your posts are very contradictionary. On the one side you try to teach us, that TSW is a nich game. On the other side your advice for critical people, that in opposite to you bought everything from TSW since it first released, is to leave TSW.

If you would think a bit further, you would realize, that with a shrinking customer base of a nich game, there would not be so much to invest in the development of TSW for creating future content. :)

• Like Like x 3
  14. docsnyder1911

Perhaps. But I didn't create a new game. And it's a difference if you're a native english speaker like you or not (like me). :)

• Like Like x 2
  15. Suryaaji#2369

Suryaaji#2369 Well-Known Member

Before this thread become more and more escalated. Let's talk about the route itself and what could be fixed in the future.

Just recently watched several GEVOS sound compilation on YouTube, and i notice clearly the GEVOS sound on SHG Horseshoe Curve missing something to it. On YouTube's videos, I can clearly heard whining sound of the traction motors, and the 12-cylinder GEVOS prime mover got a distinctive low rumble, bassy tone to it. All that sounds doesn't appear & present at the moment on the SHG GEVOS.

Well, for now i hope someone with enough talent create a sound pack modification for the GEVOS, clearly need more love.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
  16. redrev1917

An English speaker with dsylexia and dsypraxia but hey you do you.

Sign that you are losing the sevate when you start to attack the person rather than the point

17. docsnyder1911

We should follow the advice from Suryaaji#2369 even if is not such easy for you. :)

18. redrev1917

You personally attack me and then think I'm the one with the problem?

Bye bye

19. docsnyder1911

Some people can't handle criticism. They take all personal. Even they didn't showed a very decent behavior before.

• Like Like x 1
  20. redrev1917

Picking on someone's disabilities isnt criticism it's just shows what a nasty piece of work you are. Doubling down on your abuse just confirms it

21. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

I think skyhook did a good job with the route scenery.

So can anybody confirm redrevs post about the wrong speed signs after altoona? That would need a fix if true.

Adding more services with the gondola and the flatcar in the 24h timetable mode, or is there loco dlc planned?..

Change the flatcar configuration more accurate & to a 2 wheel trailer.

Checking the physics, seems there are many posts about strange behavior of loaded / unloaded configuration.

Gevo sounds need a rework.

• Like Like x 2
  22. docsnyder1911

I didn't know from your disabilities before. Otherwise I didn't wrote a thing that you could understand as a discrimination.

• Like Like x 2
  23. redrev1917

Well you was told and you continued on with it so excuse me for thinking you are just a biggoted nasty piece of work

24. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Its the same price for almost all the routes

25. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I thought you left the forums. Did you forget to close the door on your way out too?

• Like Like x 2
  26. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Guys, Happy Easter, for train's sake :D

• Like Like x 12
  27. redrev1917

Had the come back, seeing as there's so many issues and problems with the game currently and lack of any other medium in order to know what's broken, as I want to continue to playing (I've never said I was walking away from the game) you've gotta be on this toxic forum

28. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

From what I am seeing in this thread it seems we have seriously fallen off the topic. it is this kind of behaviour that gets threads closed, can we please try to stay on topic and not argue with each other.

• Like Like x 5
  29. breblimator

breblimator Guest

For me, the topic has already faded.
    It can be closed :)

• Like Like x 1
  30. tallboy7648

Well considering that the op post was about quality of products are going downhill with the exception of TSG, I don't think everyone is really off topic

• Like Like x 1
  31. CowBoyWolf

32. redrev1917

Yeah sure let's just pretend someone hasn't attacked someones disability and then doubled down.
    To pretend something hasn't happened makes you complict

33. tallboy7648

Do you have something to say?

• Like Like x 1
  34. CowBoyWolf

Nope Just tagging so he could see that the OP said its fine for the thread to get locked

• Like Like x 1
  35. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Yep. Lets lock & roll this little mess :) BR o7

• Like Like x 2
  36. Michael Newbury

If someone were to attack me like you have described, I would simply ignore them as they would not be worth the time and effort.

• Like Like x 2
  37. redrev1917

If you spent you entire life being attacked, you'd know hiding you head in the sand doesn't work or achieve anything.

38. Michael Newbury

Who said anything about hiding my head in the sand, there is only a small minority of people who spend their time trying to attack others.

• Like Like x 2
  39. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Have you tried it with good headphones? It makes a big difference; it seems to me that TSW uses a hi-fi sound mix which unfortunately means that you lose a lot through low-fi reproduction like most computer speakers or cheap gaming headphones. This is, IMHO, a mistake on their part.

• Like Like x 4
  40. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

Well, this thread goes to show how negative this community is being these days, demanding for better quality than it already is for a train sim (which is better than any others out there) in a niche market. This sickens me more than ever now.

• Like Like x 2
  41. breblimator

breblimator Guest

People are everywhere the same. But yeah this is unnecessary.

42. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Ehh, outside of the timetable mode, I still think TSC still has TSW2 covered. Granted TSW2 does cover a bigger market, but I still would rather run a train on TSC vs TSW2.

• Like Like x 3
  43. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

How is demanding better quality being negative? I agree, endless negativity for no reason at all is not good, however, I don't see how asking devs to strive for better quality and realism is being negative.

• Like Like x 5
  44. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

It isn't. What is negative is insulting the developers and even the community managers.

• Like Like x 7
  45. breblimator

breblimator Guest

And the final proof, of how "bad" this DLC is...

The scenery is so well polished \o/

• Like Like x 1
  46. tallboy7648

This literally makes zero sense. It doesn't matter if tsw2 is a "niche" product. DTG say that they make "Highly authentic recreations of routes and trains from around the world." When they say that it is only natural for people to expect that. They basically set the expectations themselves. Now they aren't gonna make a train or route 100% realistic and every button clickable but they have shown that they can make really good locos and routes that closely resemble their real world counterparts. The problem is they lack consistency and recent dlc's have released with game breaking issues, bugs and many inaccuracies. DTG can make good dlc's, but it's clear they don't mind rushing them out and have players effectively be paid beta testers. Why do you think there are many players on the forum frustrated at this product to the point where Matt had to effectively be grilled during the roadmap stream?

Asking for realism or a better overall product isn't negative at all so I don't know why would you think that. I guess players should just keep their mouth shut and not ask for improvements since that would be negative then.

Also $30 is not cheap at all.

• Like Like x 6
  47. breblimator

breblimator Guest

my last hour with TSW, HSC

PC - Hsc Switching Cabs Does Not Work Sometimes | Dovetail Games Forums
    PC - Hsc 10k Chicago - Allentown (manifest) No Path | Dovetail Games Forums
    PC - Hsc Wrong Mu/dpu Setup | Dovetail Games Forums // 64E Chicago - Linden (Ethanol)

'Complication at Cresson' scenario is broken too, as far as I know, so the whole CHAPTER 2 is broken...

It is not about AAA, playability, small budgets, or insulting anyone. This is a pure shame.

The REAL QUESTION is: does it change anything? I'm starting to doubt... BR o7

DO NOT CLOSE. CHANGED MY MIND.

• Like Like x 2
  48. redrev1917

10k Chicago works as long as you start in timetable mode. What the difference is beyond me but there you go another work around where there shouldn't be.

I'm running 64E now from journey mode, what's wrong with the set up? I've got all 5 locos under power.

• Like Like x 1
  49. breblimator

breblimator Guest

NO power at all except HEAD one but I think this is the mystic no-sound-or-maybe-no-power issue. Restarting TSW sometimes helps. I am tired... eh :)

• Like Like x 2
  50. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Is it possible to go two services in a row without problems? I just want to play. It looks great and sounds good, but it doesn't work.

EDIT Is it possible Journeys are recently buged? The Harlem Line case was a bit similar.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2022
    • Like Like x 2