Re18 Dresden Hbf 09:05 Depot Move Dresden Altstadt

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by driverwoods#1787, Apr 15, 2022.

1. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Tried to do the 09:05 RE18 Dresden Hbf to Dresden Altstadt ECS move. Service is a coninuation of the 08:30 RE18 Cottbus Grossenhein Cottbuser Bahnhof Dresden Hbf. Few metres past Dresden Hbf I rolled back with the DB BR143 Deutsche Reichsbahn DDR Dosto 766.2 and failed due to a stop signal overrun (SSO) US Railroad Investigator NTSB Terminology. This is for UK Rail Accident Investigation Branch (RAIB) and Train Sim World 2 Signal Passed at Danger (SPAD) on an incline. Can someone help me on how to do this correctly and avoid the game ending SPAD (Signal Passed at Danger)? For the US TSW 2 community a game ending Stop Signal Overrun (SSO)
    Video

Last edited: Apr 15, 2022
  2. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

Those backward runs are quite tricky sometimes :)
    I'd try contacting the signaller after your last turn of direction while proceeding to the red signal. But be prepared to stop - those depot runs are not at a high priority and given how busy Dresden is there is a high possibility some other train is blocking your path ;)

3. thomastl59374

thomastl59374 Well-Known Member

From watching the video it appears that you went to apply power but the interlock was still active (box that shows the power level had a red outline. You also set the brakes to off, not sure if this prevented them from applying before you applied power.
    If you're struggling to complete it with PZB on I'd do it without (first time round) then after I know where I'm going and what signals are coming up I would turn PZB back on. PZB seemed to be the root of the issue.

4. driverwoods#1787

at the beginning of the video was release the brakes to get the DB BR143 DR BR243 going with key on. If it's a bug I'm going to have to repost this on the technical support section

5. F.Barnes

F.Barnes Active Member

There is no PZB issue.
    It's a "Hp0 Sh1" signal and it means:
    1. Stop for all regular train rides.
    2. Shunting train rides can pass
    3. maximum speed 25 km/h

Attention: This is a red signal! The 2000Hz magnet is active! To pass this signal you have to press and hold the
    "PZB-Befehl" key (don't know the englisch word).
    It's the "del" key on keyboard ("entf" on german keyboards).
    On console controller maybe the same as Sifa / PZB.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2022
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. thomastl59374

thomastl59374 Well-Known Member

I didn't mean issue as in a bug, I meant root of the issue as that's what seemed to start the chain of problems because it put the brakes on and then the train didn't want to apply power, so it rolled back leading to the SPAD

• Like Like x 1
  7. F.Barnes

F.Barnes Active Member

Ah, okay, sorry. I misunderstood that.

8. driverwoods#1787

That should explain on why I failed the service since my experience on German routes were the Former Deutsche Bundesbahn network HRR and Main Spessart Bahn where the Hp0 Sh1 isn't mounted on the main signal but placed separate. Based on the Video it's a Hl signal Hp0 Sh1.
    On the consoles there are two control options one is immersion where PZB Override Befehl 40 is accessed using Xbox Series X Xbox One Hold X button PS4 PS5 Square button for operation shift second control option which I am using is TSW2020 controls classic. Where I have to do PZB Befehl 40 by pressing the button manually. Thanks for the help.