Other Experiencing A Crash?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by DTG Natster, Feb 2, 2022.

1. @l3x_Fr

@l3x_Fr Active Member

LUZERN SURSEE
    XBOX SERIES S
    RAIN EXPRESS SCENARIO
    WHEN STOPPING AT LUZERN, ON FOOT WHEN I TRY TO REACH CAB

The "out of memory video" xbox page are here when crash.

2. holmbergvalter

holmbergvalter New Member

Platform: PS4
    Route: Nahverkehr Dresden
    Location: Between Dresden-Mitte and Dresden Freiberger Straße

The game crashes almost everytime I’m at Dresden-Mitte or when I’ve just departed Dresden-Mitte. This only happens when driving a route to Dresden, not when driving from Dresden. This happens on all services, ICE, S-Bahn, RE50. I’ve managed to arrive at Dresden Hbf like 3-5 times. I know this is a demanding route and location for the PS4 and the frame rates are always horrendous near Dresden, but I would be happy if it was playable. I now drive all service in the other direction (to Meißen, Großenhain, Riesa).

The problem doesn’t occur when driving a S2 service from Dresden-Neustadt to Dresden Hbf, probably because it is such a short service.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Kevin Bennett

Kevin Bennett New Member

For the last week or so I’ve had regular issues loading any service for the London Commuter route.

I’m on XBox Series X and there doesn’t seem to be any regular reason for the crash. It’s happened with any selected train and any of the timetable services. At it’s worst it crashed 4 times in a row at the end of the loading screen before it finally decided to run my selection.

I’ve only noticed this since I completed the stories and am now working my way through the timetables.

4. GrigoriRasputin

GrigoriRasputin Member

Platform: PC
    Route: Bakerloo Line (has happened with the 1972 Mark 2 and with the 1938 stock)
    Service: happened with Journey Chapter 3 - Unusual Duties - 201D-07 Harrow & Wealdstone - Elephant & Castle (happened in other journey scenarios but after starting again I managed to finish) and 3 times with 1938 stock introduction scenario.
    Location: in the intro scenario for 1938 stock the guide tells me to speed up and then stop at the station, right before i stop at the station it has crashed every time which is weird because the game rarely used to crash for me but after I started playing Bakerloo Line it has been a common occurrence. Fresh PC, nothing else open besides steam.

5. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

PlayStation 5, Sand Patch Grade, SD40 CSX-s, light rain, Cumberland. When you switch to the rear car, the game crashes.

6. christopher#9078

christopher#9078 New Member

I have been unable to play London commuter since the last update it doesn't matter what loco because it crashes anyway its either about 2 minutes after loading roughly or it crashes on the loading screen mainly at Victoria I am on xbox series s and it happens on any service that I do I hope this helps yous in being able to get it fixed

7. mattwild55

mattwild55 Well-Known Member

Route: London Commuter
    Service: Any starting at London Victoria

Instant crash after 2 seconds of trying to load

8. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

9. mattwild55

mattwild55 Well-Known Member

Correction - I now cannot load the route at all with it instantly crashing within about 2 seconds of trying to load

10. lubbeggt#3074

lubbeggt#3074 New Member

Game crashes a lot lately, Has it something to do with the creator club liveries?
    It's pretty annoying.

11. Me with a train

Me with a train Active Member

I’m experiencing crashes A LOT on PS5 so far I haven’t even been able to complete a single service without the game kicking me out

Console: PS5
    Route: All
    Train: All

• Like Like x 1
  12. lubbeggt#3074

lubbeggt#3074 New Member

Same here for PS4, drove for 45 minutes from Riesa tot Dresden and at Dresden Mitte te game crashes. Pretty frustrating.

13. eliasdiederich963

eliasdiederich963 Member

Whenever spawning at any place and at any time on any train on the routes London Commuter and Tharandanter Rampe whether on timetable mode, in tutorials, in scenarios or on foot my game crashes within 5 seconds.

As soon as I spawn in, my CPU usage spikes to about 80% before crashing. The two routes are completely unplayable.

Then I get the error code from the unreal engine.

LowLevelFatalError [File:Unknown] [Line: 3983]
    Retry was NOT sucessful.

0x00007ffb3da94f69 KERNELBASE.dll!UnknownFunction []
    0x00000001413b3376 TS2Prototype-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
    0x0000000141363f4d TS2Prototype-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
    0x000000014273221a TS2Prototype-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
    0x0000000142733a4b TS2Prototype-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
    0x0000000141276671 TS2Prototype-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
    0x00000001412789ec TS2Prototype-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
    0x00000001413c3a87 TS2Prototype-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
    0x00000001413bef91 TS2Prototype-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
    0x00007ffb3e057034 KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction []
    0x00007ffb40062651 ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction []

Crash in runnable thread TaskGraphThreadBP 29TaskGraphThreadBP 30

14. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

• What platform are you on: PS5
    • Route/loco: SKA
    • Service/scenario: All
    • Location of crash: Right after I select and service for any train on the route, I get the game loaded screen as usual and then a hard crash back to the PS5 home screen. I report the error to Sony every time when prompted.
    No other routes that I own crash. I can't enter the SKA route at all. I have the extra services pack DLC installed. I can use the CSX SD40 on SPG so I don't think it's that. I don't have the DB 101 loco DLC installed but I have all the other route layers installed.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Route Hamburg-Lübeck
    Service: 89402 Lübeck-Rothenburgsort (journey)

Crash occurred after about 10 km driving, safety systems on, nothing special, it just happened.

Attached Files:

16. Perks390

Perks390 Well-Known Member

What platform are you on: PC
    Route/loco: 182
    Service/scenario: Evening Rescue
    Location of crash: A few seconds after passing the end of Reinfeld station, on the outbound journey.

PZB turned on, and the whole run competed in first-person view. I've had other crashes on this route before, but it was a while back so can't remember the details. I have attached the full crashes folder if it's of any use? I've also attached the individual file for just this crash.

Attached Files:

17. CrazyDash

CrazyDash Well-Known Member

Route: Harlem Line
    Type: Out of memory error
    Scenario: Budd to the Big Apple
    Device: Xbox Series S
    What occurred: So I was doing a run on the Budd to the Big Apple scenario. I was on approach to Grand Central terminal until I got an out of memory error on my Xbox once the screen froze on stream. I apologize for not having the hud on. However I would assume this is easier to reproduce since it is a scenario.
    Video:

Timestamp: 38:50

Last edited: May 17, 2022
  18. transit#2102

transit#2102 Member

I'm a New Member here and I have an issue with the game and specifically it's 2 of the maps on the last Gen I have which is the PS4 and the name of of the two maps is called Tharandter Rampe: Dresden and the other one is called Nahverkehr Dresden those two maps have been giving me issues on my PS4 every time I try to play the game it crashes, for example when I go free roam the game tends to be really lagging and buggy and then the game crashes and then I have to restart my scheduled trip sadly. Plus when I past by the yards the game also tends to be very buggy as well and when a train passes by each other its the same issue and then the game crashes also sometimes that happens on the Hauptsrecke Munchen-Augsburg that one is also really buggy and tend to crash my game as well even though my game system is perfectly fine but hopefully that can be fixed.

Last edited: May 18, 2022
  19. Homachinen857

Homachinen857 New Member

Hello. New to the forum. TSW2: Love the game, but I keep having the same crash / issue. Attached will be a video of how it happens if I can. Always on the Fully Fuelled scenario. The PS5 report has been sent a few times. Don't know if I should keep okaying it, since it's the same thing. Haven't tried anything else other than the previous scenarios & the Training.... I am sorry but I am unable to upload the video I recorded. It says the file is to large. If you want to msg me, I can email you the video file of the crash. Thank you again. Screenshot_20220520-120052_Chrome.jpg

• Playstation 5 Platform
    • Loco: GP38-2 YN3b - SD40-2 YN3b
    • Sand Patch Grade / Fully Fuelled Scenario
    • The location is always the same. After I reaching and couple to the back of the 52 formation. I (Prepare for the multiple workings.) This is a whole other thing which I'm trying to figure out. The crash happens when I switch to the external cameras by pressing R3+Right on D-pad to change to the rear locomotives to see if I was able to or need to change any settings to be able to use the rear Loco's. The game will crash while in the loading screen to switch to cameras to the rear. Sometimes if it's early on where I saved the game, It will complete the switch to the rear but if I try to switch back to the front it crashes. So once I start from the saved point, if I hurry and change views, it will switch to the rear. If a little bit of time passes if I'm checking some settings it will crash on the first go.
    • Sorry for the long msg. Hopefully this will help if anyone else is having this problem. Thank you

20. Richard Kast

Richard Kast Member

PC/Steam
    Hauptstrecke Hamburg - Lubeck
    Scenario Turnback Freight (Chapter 4 - Journey Mode)
    Crashed about 20km from Hamburg
    LowLevelFatalError [File:Unknown] [Line: 1317] Internal Error: Remove from HashOuter NumRemoved = 0 for Texture2D /HamburgLubeck/Map/Tiles/LT_x-22_y-85.LT_x-22_y-85:PersistentLevel.LandscapeStreamingProxy_0.Texture2D_22

21. thomastl59374

thomastl59374 Well-Known Member

Xbox one
    Spirit of Steam
    Rain storm preset
    London Euston - Liverpool Limestreet @ 10:40 (ish)
    Crashed whilst on downhill approach towards Edge Hill MPD, got an out of memory error. Also this service lacked a fireman. Had previously played a service.

I hoped SOS may be more immune from this. This is starting to get tiresome, I don't even touch DRA anymore. I don't want to have to do that with SOS.

22. steamfan#1309

steamfan#1309 Well-Known Member

The game usually crashes before the first video/intro can play. It just leaves me with a straight black screen, and most recently crashes in the middle of operating in custom scenarios.

23. thomastl59374

Xbox one
    Spirit of steam
    Weather: clear June
    Liverpool Lime Street 5 to Euston not sure in time (about 7ish)
    Had previously played a service
    Crashed on approach into Crewe few hundred yards before the 20 limit

Not been able to complete a full line run yet. Let's hope third time's a charm

Last edited: Jun 2, 2022
  24. thomastl59374

Xbox one
    Spirit of steam
    service after re fueling tutorial in chapter 3 of journey (full line freight run from edge Hill)
    I had previously played a service, crash occurred within a few hundred yards of a go via point along one of the Crewe freight lines

EDIT: tried this service again after loading TSW2, didn't play any other routes or services before hand and I was able to complete the service.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2022
  25. Richard Kast

Richard Kast Member

• PC / Steam
    • Ruhr-Sieg Nord / BR185.2 DB
    • DB 80213 Hagen - Finnentrop (Journey mode, Chapter 1)
    • 1st attempt, AFB, Sifa & PZB enabled, crashed still in the Hagen Freight Yard area
      • Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x0000002000000028
    • 2nd attempt, AFB, Sifa & PZB enabled, crashed around the Letmathe area
      • Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x0000002143f1a4d8
    • 3rd attempt, AFB enabled, Sifa and PZB disabled, completed service successfully
    (Restarted PC between each attempt)

26. redrev1917

I had 3 of these crashes today. Crashes occurred on TVL with class 31 DLC (running the Class 31 on a passenger service, PC with baby bullet DLC (running the MP30) and finally RRO running the G6. To date Ive had no crashes when not running a loco DLC on a route and just using a standard loco (although this may well be a co-incidence). No mods or engine INI prompts added, so we can rule those out.

LoginId:66faccdf4f911b3b544e68824e0e089a
    EpicAccountId:

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION 0x0000000120e08740

TS2Prototype_Win64_Shipping
    kernel32
    ntdll

27. Clantron

Clantron New Member

• Platform: PS5
    • Route: Main-Spessart Bahn
    • Service/scenario: Fuel Exchange

Repeated twice: I go through the entire scenario without problems. When in Lohr where I have to uncouple the last 5 tankers it 'CTD' me right after uncoupling the 5 tankers and turning around to head to the marker on the platform. Within 5 seconds of decoupling.

28. redrev1917

Something I noticed today on yet another 2 crashes was that directly preceeding it I heard the cluncking of the buffers, so I strongly suspect the crashes are related to the change in buffers to prevent clipping.

Big big well done to DTG for making the game virtually unplayable across all DLC for me. I guess I'll write off the £500+ Ive invested into the game and go play something seeing as it was confirmed in the RM stream DTG arent even aware there is problem, you have to question why they even bothered creating this thread if they arent going to bother monitoring it.

Its been fun whilst it lasted.

• Like Like x 1
  29. bryan#7049

bryan#7049 Member

I experienced a crash on spririt of steam Liverpool to Crewe 0.9miles outside (just after the 20mph speed limit marker) Crewe with the 1136 Liverpool to London Euston service with the LMS Jubilee on Xbox series X/Gen 9

Last edited: Jun 8, 2022
  30. redrev1917

PC BABY BULLET SERVICE

LoginId:66faccdf4f911b3b544e68824e0e089a
    EpicAccountId:

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION 0x00000000e739d7e0

kernel32
    ntdll

I will keep posting every crash here and submitting a ticket - until (a) the issues are fixed or (b) I get banned for spamming. If I had to bet my life on it I know which way Id bet

Last edited: Jun 8, 2022
  31. Clantron

Clantron New Member

I decided to look around a bit, because somehow it looked familiar to me. I'd like to give you a link to see if this is applicable to you: https://www.reddit.com/r/outriders/.../?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3
    I've noticed in more locations where people complain about Exception Access Violation in various games.

32. luisfernandez57

luisfernandez57 New Member

Path/Loco: Spirit of Steam / LMS Jubilee
    Service/stage: Edge Hill, railcar maneuvers at 6:34
    Crash Location: Engine Shed Junction signalman's booth

Hello:

First of all I apologize for my English, I'm using the Google translator, I hope you can understand the problem observed.

In the reference service, the LMS Jubilee locomotive, after going forward to reverse up the ramp, upon reaching the end where there is a siding, the locomotive derails.

Try to do the activity several times and always the same thing happens at the same point. A member of the Forum told me to do the course at less than 10 mph and that way I could get through the gear without problems and complete the activity.

Notice something in the structure of the change that seems to me not right and that may be causing the derailment.

I attach photos and video of the problem, I would like to have some comment on the problem.

Thank you very much and greetings.

33. luisfernandez57

Path/Loco: Spirit of Steam / LMS Jubilee
    Service/stage: Edge Hill, railcar maneuvers at 6:34
    Crash Location: Engine Shed Junction signalman's booth

Hello:

First of all I apologize for my English, I'm using the Google translator, I hope you can understand the problem observed.

In the reference service, the LMS Jubilee locomotive, after going forward to reverse up the ramp, upon reaching the end where there is a siding, the locomotive derails.

Try to do the activity several times and always the same thing happens at the same point. A member of the Forum told me to do the course at less than 10 mph and that way I could get through the gear without problems and complete the activity.

Notice something in the structure of the change that seems to me not right and that may be causing the derailment.

I attach photos and video of the problem, I would like to have some comment on the problem.

Thank you very much and greetings.

34. Calidore266

Calidore266 Well-Known Member

Just crashed while running Sand Patch C40-8w Journey chapter 4, service 3 (Q008). Happened after the Garrett checkpoint and less than 4 miles from the Sand Patch checkpoint.

TSW crash - SPG C40-8w Journey 4 service 3 (Q008).png

35. redrev1917

In a way Im glad Im not the only suffering these crashes, mine is happening 3/4 times if not more frequently :(

36. Calidore266

I have bad news then; my second try went fine. I didn't even get the graphical glitches I've gotten the last couple of times I approached Cumberland in the snow, with numerous jagged black patches flashing all over the place. I was all ready to screencap them, but this time nothing happened.

37. redrev1917

I've been forced to do I complete uninstall and clean reinstall. I'm installing each DLC one by one and running a service to check its working. So far I'm 3 DLC out of 42 back up and running and no crashes so far touch wood.

38. Calidore266

I'll knock wood too on your behalf. If you're running the Steam version, don't forget the file integrity verification feature.

• Like Like x 1
  39. redrev1917

Due to lack of response from my ticket or on here :( I decided to experiment by doing a complete uninstall and then reinstall& testing each DLC one by one, everything was going well until I reinstalled Sherman Hill DLC and bang the crashes are back. Not got round to reinstalling and testing all 42 DLC yet but this one is definitely causing crashes as once I reuninstalled (is that even a word?) the crashes stopped. I'll post here if I come across any other rogue DLC causing crashes in case anyone is interested or if it helps anyone else.

• Like Like x 1
  40. roggek

roggek Active Member

XBox One S Tharandther Rampe. Out of memory crash at platform 12 in Dresden service S3 37903 when exiting cab.
    Free roam spawning seems okay.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2022
  41. GrigoriRasputin

GrigoriRasputin Member

I've also been experiencing crashes a lot (PC/Steam). Never used to crash before but suddenly I can't seem to be able to finish a scenario without getting a crash. The latest was Rapid Transit and scenario with the same name. Just before Leipzig MDR had a big stutter that was a telltale sign that a crash will follow soon after and it did. I'm wondering if I have to get more RAM, upgrade from 8GB to 16GB, I've been putting it off, or is this something else entirely. Maybe I should also try out the uninstall and clean install.

42. redrev1917

have you tried verifying your files on steam? Id recommend that first to see if that resolves your issue before doing a full reinstall.

43. luisfernandez57

Path/Loco: Spirit of Steam / LMS STAINER 8F
    Service/stage: Cover of Edge Hill - Classifications of Edge Hill, from the hour 00:45
    Crash Location: Exhibition stalls arrival road N° 3

Hello:

After carrying out this activity several times, resulting in the derailment and exit of the game when trying to hook the locomotive with the composition of wagons on track 3, I discovered that the error occurs because the formation of wagons is outside the limit of the bumper.

Other formations are also observed on nearby roads in the same situation.

I would like to know if this has happened to anyone else.

Attached photos.

Greetings.

Attached Files:

44. GrigoriRasputin

GrigoriRasputin Member

Thank you for your kind suggestion but sadly I already did a full reinstall, so I can't test the effectiveness of verifying files first, but I can say that after that reinstall I managed to complete that RT scenario without any problems and maybe I'm imagining things but the game as a whole seemed to run a lot better than before, I'm not sure what sort of baggage I had accumulated over time but it felt a lot better. I'm now eager to try out routes I wasn't able to play before, hopefully this good luck lasts. Thanks again for noticing and your advice.

• Like Like x 1
  45. holmbergvalter

holmbergvalter New Member

Platform: PS4
    Route: Nahverkehr Dresden
    Location: Between Dresden-Mitte and Dresden Freiberger Straße

The game crashes almost everytime I’m at Dresden-Mitte or when I’ve just departed Dresden-Mitte. This only happens when driving a route to Dresden, not when driving from Dresden. This happens on all services, ICE, S1, RE50. I’ve managed to arrive at Dresden Hbf like 3 times. I know this is a demanding route and location for the PS4 and the frame rates are always horrendous near Dresden, but I would be happy if it was playable. I now drive all services in the other direction (to Meißen, Großenhain, Riesa).

The problem doesn’t occur when driving a S2 service from Dresden-Neustadt to Dresden Hbf, probably because it is such a short service.

Hopefully someone will fix this soon.

• Like Like x 1
  46. bartolomaeusz

bartolomaeusz Well-Known Member

Northern Trans-Pennine, Service NH06 with Class 40 - last step of service (uncouple on foot)
    (PS, I use Steam, not Epic - have never been on Epic)

upload_2022-6-16_6-17-6.png

47. tevfik

tevfik New Member

Platform: PC/Steam
    Route: Rockwood to Cumberland
    Scenario: Powering America Part 2 & Yoder to Cumberland
    Loco: AC4400CW
    location: After passing Sand Patch Tunnel to Cumberland (downhill section)

Hi, I've recently started to play the game (PC) and completed sand patch grade except 2 missions. Both missions requires going through sand patch tunnel to Cumberland. I am having a derailment problem after passing sand patch tunnel, while going downhill. Strange thing is, there are other missions requires this route and had no problem on those. On my last try Powering America Part 2, after sand patch tunnel, I cruised under speed limit and hold the train at 20mph (this worked on other missions), I could able go further than previous attempts however derailed again, even loco was not on a curve. First slumped or bounced forward and derailed. Very strange issue.

• Like Like x 1
  48. elaineedwards2013

elaineedwards2013 Well-Known Member

Platform: Xbox One

Route: Spirit of Steam Liverpool Lime Street - Crewe

Service: Any London Euston - Liverpool Lime Street express

Loco: 4-6-0 LMS Jubilee Class

Location: Approaching Edge Hill Station (just before the incline to Liverpool Lime Street Station)

Last edited: Jun 16, 2022
  49. thomastl59374

Platform: Xbox one

Route: Liverpool Lime street-Crewe

Weather: clear with custom wind and cloud (small amount)

Service: 11:36 Liverpool Lime street - Crewe, (LMS Jubilee)

Crashed about between 500 and 400 yards from stop marker at Crewe. Out of memory error message.

50. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I am on PC Steam and gave this a run with no issues.