Horseshoe Curve Ulta Short Review

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by breblimator, Apr 13, 2022.

1. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

I've just looked in all 4 other cabs on my run and see the dashboards are showing life, I did have to flip the DPU switch in the main cab at the start as noticed it was off.

• Like Like x 1
  2. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I get the impression that this configuration is like for EMD. Control ('pump') closed instead of open, for trailing GEVOs.

3. breblimator

breblimator Guest

checked / this is not the case / it doesn't matter at all - open or close, it is working the same way - only the switch animation is modeled (for me it is OK!)
    checked / 64E is working fine if not started via Journey, so...

• Like Like x 1
  4. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

I suspect journeys are broken across multiple if not all DLC tbh

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I am afraid You are right :)

• Like Like x 2
  6. Suryaaji#2369

Suryaaji#2369 Well-Known Member

Okay, i'll give it a try next time. Thanks.

7. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Read this line and lost it. Go to the MSFS 2020 forums and read a bit… makes this forum read like a polite book club. I have been a flight simmer since the 80s and have yet to see a commercial product released that did not have many problems including all the Microsoft line as well as Xplane and P3D. Calling them a quality product to be the litmus test to compare our products is a bit of a stretch.

Personally, I put TSW2 on par with MSFS 2020 on problems encountered, communication with the customer base, responsiveness of fixes for the minor nits. Biggest leg up for the flight sim products is the community and 3rd party developer support. And that is why I still use TS Classic a lot because of the community support. But that is just my opinion.

• Like Like x 5
  8. nockwurst

nockwurst Well-Known Member

Fair point, and well said.

9. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

MSFS also has the save game issues, same as TSW. You cannot rely on a reloaded flight restoring the navigation data, in some instances the FMC is just blank, all the altitude etc. settings on the panel have returned to default making it almost impossible to do a long jetliner flight in more than one sitting. As with DTG and TSW, MS/Asobo know about this but put their heads in the sand and fingers in their ears when it comes to user pleas to fix up the game.

10. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Assetto Corsa is italian, it's reasonable that an english speaker gets it wrong. Let alone AC Competizione :D

Agree, actually from a bug/playability point of view TSW wins hands down on Series X at least, unlike MSFS it doesn't crash what feels like 1/4 of the times 10 minutes before you arrive to your destination

Last edited: Apr 17, 2022
  11. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Looks like the conversation has come back round to being constructive, but we'll lock this thread if people start insulting each other again. Please, play nice.

• Like Like x 5