Current Horseshoe Curve Issues

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Dallas117, Apr 13, 2022.

1. Dallas117

Dallas117 Active Member

I'm really loving how the route is so far, but I've noticed a few issues that need addressing ASAP

1. When you are in the ES44 and you switch to the rear camera, the audio for the engines completely cuts out and does not come back, switching back to the front units then has their audio disappear as well. So you are then driving silent engines, which is not good

2. You cannot use the windows on the outside of the ES44 while using external cameras, which is very annoying for setting things up on back units or even helper units, this although does still work on the GP38

3. I can't seem to get the GP 38's to run with distributed power, can someone maybe help me with this or are they not working?

• Like Like x 5
  2. bencarl

bencarl New Member

I can't get the ES44's to run distributed power either.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Dallas117

Dallas117 Active Member

If you turn on banking comm it should work, although it's just the "lead" of the two back units that you'll see the throttle moving, so maybe you're looking at the very back unit.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dallas117

Dallas117 Active Member

So it seems that the issue with the engines not having audio is only in one service that I've noticed so far. And it's actually the first service they have you do in the journey (55K Inbound to Cresson (Grain)). I've tried other services and the audio works fine, so a very strange bug indeed. It's also all other engines in this service as well that do not have audio, trains that pass you do not have any engine sounds, although the GP 38 still does.

• Like Like x 1
  5. floofydoggo#5756

floofydoggo#5756 New Member

Gonna steal this to add for others who may see this thread; it is important that you turn on banking comm before inserting the reverser handle. Otherwise the rear pair will act as if there isn't a reverser handle, simply being in dead tow.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. Dallas117

Dallas117 Active Member

So a couple more issues,
    1. save games do not work period.

2. and just tried the first scenario in the journey, and it bugged out. tells you to wait for train 11Q to clear interlocking and there is no train, try to contact signaller and it says it appears you are on the wrong path...

7. ehz0689

ehz0689 Well-Known Member

Had an issue with the scenario too. Figured it was a bug

8. Dallas117

Dallas117 Active Member

So I figured out how to get the GP38's running in DP, when you look at the lead rear unit in with banking comm on, it for some reason has the automatic brake on minimum application, and you can even hear the brakes hissing, you can then grab the brake handle through the window, and put it to handle off, and the all of a sudden the engine has the reverser handle in and responds to throttle commands.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

Well this route had promise and unfortunately didn’t deliver, a broken scenario and achievements, final nail in the coffin for skyhook. Doubt there will be any update of any kind

• Like Like x 2
  10. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

Between DTG,Rivets,Skyhook are they in a competition to see who can do the least testing before release while still releasing the most broken route.Let's face for all they keep telling us how much they care about there work,they have yet to prove it even once.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Dallas117

Dallas117 Active Member

what's wrong with the achievements?

12. bencarl

bencarl New Member

Thank you, though I am aware of the banking comm. I even make sure the Distributed Power and Radio breakers are switched on too. Stuff I learned in Sand Patch Grade. The problem I am having is that the helpers don't have reverser handles in so they can't work no matter what. I have to keep restarting the scenarios until the lead helper has a reverser handle in then it might work if the game feels like it.

I have never noticed this before. I will definitely make sure I remember this and do some testing. Might be the cause of the problem I just mentioned.

Has anyone tried the "Long Trains" training scenario? After waiting the 20 minutes for the brakes to release and making sure all locos were setup properly, only the GP-38 was delivering power. All of the other locos in the consist were running, but not making power. I did manage to finish the scenario "crawling on hands and knees" so to speak, but for the life of me, I can't think of anything I might have done wrong in the MU setup.

13. bencarl

bencarl New Member

Nope, it made no difference what order I inserted the handle and turned the banking comms on. I tested it multiple times in the 55K timetable scenario restarting the scenario each time I tried a different order to make sure I hade a clean slate.
    Although, floofydoggo#5756, the order you suggest could be the more correct and stable way to do it. Doing it another way might be why sometimes DP won't work at all. Only a theory. I did notice that repeatedly turning the banking comms on and off will break DP in the scenario, so turn comms on first, put the handle in, and don't touch it again for best results I guess.

14. Dallas117

Dallas117 Active Member

There shouldn't be any problem with DP on the units. I've got the es44's and GP's all working every time, although there is usually something funny where they mess up, and by just looking through the window of the DP unit you can tell what it's doing. One time the DP completely stopped on the rear units and they were idling, all I did was turn banking comm off and on and then the reverser was back in but in neutral so the DP's were then just reving and not putting out power. So I put the throttle to off, set the reverser back to neutral the to forward again, then DP's once again started working properly.

As I mentioned somewhere else, for GP38's to work right, when you turn on banking comm, the rear GP38 will go into initial braking, set this to handle off and the reverser will show up and they will work properly.

15. PuzzledPeanut

PuzzledPeanut Member

[QUOTE="Dallas117, post: 476085, member: when you are in the ES44 and you switch to the rear camera, the audio for the engines completely cuts out and does not come back, switching back to the front units then has their audio disappear as well. So you are then driving silent engines, which is not good QUOTE]

i can confirm that this also happens to me on the xbox series x and in addition there is also a bug with the sound that makes the engines sound really awful and this happens randomly a workaround for this is to throttle back to position 3 and then upwards again.

16. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

The collectible achievement is broken because of a collectible hidden behind a invisible wall, and the complete all scenario achievement because cresson scenario is broken

• Like Like x 1
  17. German_Train_Driver

German_Train_Driver Member

I noticed someting weired, if you use Timetable mode the ES44AC doesn´t show rear pressure, only *** on the Screen. Does anybody know how to fix his?

18. bencarl

bencarl New Member

I've noticed in some scenarios that if you have helpers and not an EOTD the rear pressure will read ***

19. floofydoggo#5756

floofydoggo#5756 New Member

Glad to know i wasn't the only one with this issue lol. Im pretty sure the two ES44AC's shut off. I noticed the isolation switch was set to start. So i kinda did a botched startup process and got power back to the lead.

20. VividS550

VividS550 New Member

Lets not forget that in North America, we drive on the right side of the road. Has anyone noticed the cars are driving on the left side of the road as if it were the UK. I know its a train simulator but it kind of ruins the immersion in my opinion.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2022
  21. hawks5896

hawks5896 Member

Edgemoor 37A - Conway timetable. About 1 mile from Johnstown I come up on a long train stopped on the same track in the same place I need to be to end the timetable.
    HAs anyone else had this happen and what is the solution - with the AI train leave so you can finish the timetable?

22. Ogatoman

Ogatoman New Member

Slow down and join the train stopped. The game believes that all is the same train and gives it as finished, with the 500 points included for the stop.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  23. hawks5896

hawks5896 Member

Yes after waiting the first train left and I was able to finish the timetable