Rbmn: Port Clinton - Jim Thorpe:

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by finntd#7891, Apr 12, 2022.

Tags:
  1. finntd#7891

finntd#7891 Well-Known Member

Hey Fellas its been a bit and you may be asking "why are you doing this route again, didnt you already make a suggestion on this route with a Side containing NS locos?" Well Rehashes happen a lot here but ill give you 2 reasons, 1. My Opinions on how routes should be made has changed since then and recently I thought "that suggestion is way too big for TSW2 Standards" like way to big I Mean its probably somewhere around 150 Miles with both the RBMN and NS now that I Think about it, this one I chose the locations to make it around 45/50 Miles approximately i basically snipped out the Map scale on the official System map and place it next to the mapped rails to get that Approximation.
    2. RBMN 2102 had its first run on the RBMN Mainline since 1991 (although just a test run) so it gave me a reason to remake this, although pure Focus on RBMN This time around and Some its heritage stock.

Anyways all that out of the way lets talk about the route,
    Cropped.jpg
    Take a Nice Train Ride on The RBMN through Scenic Eastern Pennsylvania,
    We Start our Journey at Port Clinton, The RBMN's Head Quarters and Depot we can see trains coming in, and out of here, with some engines seen being Brought In or Out of service for the day,

We Continue north up the line here we pass the Humble town of New Ringold through to our Next stop Tamaqua Pennsylvania, there is a Small Railyard here and a Small Spur to Nearby Landsford, we take our stop at The Historic Tamaqua Train Stations, built in 1874 this was one of the Stations of the P&R and Later Reading Company, and Conrail before Abandonment in 1981, the station was Restored in 2004 and now houses a Restaurant and a Creamery,

We Continue on 2 Miles north about to Hometown PA where we cross over the Hometown Highbridge, 150ft Tall and 987ft Long this bridge is a Great opportunity to get Pictures of the Valley Below or of the Bridge itself,

We yet again continue on West a bit but quickly we do a 180 and head East to Historic Jim Thorpe, this Humble town is a Popular Tourist Destination in this Part of PA and Lehigh Valley, Once Named Mauch Chunk this town Renamed after a Merger with a town just across the local River and renamed after Native American Athlete Jim Thorpe, we take our stop at Jim Thorpe Train Station our Northern Terminus for this Suggestion, here we meet up with Subsidiary Railroad The Lehigh Gorge Scenic Railway, where trains can be seen taking Tourist on Ex NJC through the Lehigh Gorge State Park, although this little railway is a Topic for Another day we already clocking a lot of miles here.

Now isnt that interesting? Me thinks although that could be Bias Talking,
    Now
    Timetable:
    The Timetable happens over a weekend, Services can consist of Primarily Freight Mainly Coal and Mixed Freights and Switching, although we can put the Iron Horse Rambles in the Middle of it with Rounds trips from Reading Outer station to Jim Thorpe Featuring our Staring Guest RBMN 2102, (See that reason paid off) although only 1 round trip is gonna happen during the Real IHRs we can have Multiple rounds trips so 2102 doesn't feel Under Utilized
    now there is a Second version of the previously mentioned IHRs I wanna add, These act as a More Casual Version since driving steam trains will be more Complicated, These use Budd RDCs specifically a RDC-1 and a RDC-3, the real life services are operated over Summer weekends generally, again we can add more round trips then IRL so the RDCs don't feel Under Utilized.

that was hard to type out but were here at the
    Locos:
    to start we are gonna talk about the freight locos, i chose both as Locos we have seen already,
    EMD SD40-2:
    Yes the SD40-2 YET AGAIN, but RBMN Prominently use SD40-2s Second hand ones no less, they Operate freight Mainly and switching Services along the Line, these can have a More Prominent Freight role.
    SD40-2.jpg

EMD MP15:
    The MP15 is another loco we have seen Already these are the Little Bros to the SD40-2 and also take on a Freight and Switching role, although more Prominently Switching, like Moving a loco around the Depot.
    MP15.jpg

Now the New Heritage Locos,
    Reading T-1 2102:
    as I said our Staring Guest this Loco and her sisters have been throughs Ups Downs and Shed Fires, even to Washington State, 2102 Operates the Iron Horse Rambles Services, and a Awesome Mastery Livery Reward could be 2100 in American Freedom Train Livery, as The Grand Funk Railroad once said "She's some kind of wonderful"
    and you know what, Pictures cant speak as many words as a Video

Budd RDC:
    Finally we come to the Humble RDCs on their Services IRL RBMN Paired up a RDC-1 and RDC-3 the main difference being the RDC-3 has a RPO and Baggage area whilst the RDC-1 is pure Passenger, these Operate the Casual Passenger services as previously mentioned, and would bring us our First American DMU.
    rdc.jpg

Bit of Rollingstock:
    I Normally don't go to far into rollingstock so it brief, Freight can have Coal Hopper and Boxcars Prominently, whilst passenger cars are something ill leave up to Dovetail to chose they have quite a selection of different Coaches to choose from,

END:
    well thats it I Remade the old suggestion to something more realistic to make and expect, and it would be awesome to get the Reading T-1s in this game, i might work on a follow up suggestion on LGSRY some time, peace out brother.

• Like Like x 5
  2. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Well done idea and If you want a route to connect with HSC layers. Then it's Norfolk Southern Phillipsburg, NJ to Jim Thorpe, PA can work via the Delaware River CRRNJ Bridge and Allentown Hump Yard.
    VIdeos of the connected Route Jim Thorpe Allentown Easton, PA Phillipsburg, NJ. Knew this area since I live in Easton, PA.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2022
  3. mariner86

mariner86 Active Member

I’ve suggested this route as well! It would be a great addition to the game especially with 2102 and or 425!

4. tornado811

tornado811 Member

Yeah I’d be down to buy this in a hurry if this came true, also I’d have both the 425 and 2102 since they are both wonderful steam locomotives the RBMN owns

• Like Like x 1