PC [editor Download] - Tsw 2 & Tsw 3 Unofficial Editor V0.3.3 + Tutorials

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by trainsimcz, Sep 10, 2021.

1. Tomas9970

Tomas9970 Well-Known Member

Is reading game's data through interfaces supported? I can only see local versions of their functions and casting to an interface reference is also not possible.

I'm trying to do a HUD replacement.

Snímek obrazovky (299).png

2. josh_the_tech

josh_the_tech Active Member

Hi, some amazing work that's been going on here and I'm super excited with the direction the community is taking the game. I'm really interested in getting started with some scenario creation, so I've watched the v0.2 livestream, gotten myself the files and have been following the docs on the tsweditor.github.io pages.

I'm having a strange issue though. I've unpacked the core pak, copied the files and subsequently have done the same for the GWE pak as per the instructions. However, when I load the editor, I don't seem to get more folders than Content and C++ Classes.

Screenshot 2022-04-10 at 21.07.59.png

I assume I'm doing something wrong. Has anyone else come up against this and if so, how did you resolve it? Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

3. annadess

annadess Member

upload_2022-4-10_22-45-13.png
    If the folders were copied in correctly you should be able to click on the bottom right on the view options button and check "Show Plugin Content", afterwards it should work.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  4. josh_the_tech

Oh my! It was that simple! Thanks very much for your help, I think I tried deleting the files and starting from scratch about 3 times!

• Like Like x 1
  5. josh_the_tech

Having a go at the unofficial editor using the v0.2 stream as a bit of a guide. Starting to find my way around now. Although I'm suffering quite a bit with crashes loading up certain track scenery on GWE especially around the Reading area, which is quite unfortunate as I want to start my service at Reading and also configure a whole bunch of AI across the map. Is there any way of selecting spawn points for formations without requiring the track to be loaded?

• Like Like x 1
  6. trainsimcz

trainsimcz Well-Known Member

Best solution is to remove from RouteDirectory\RailNetwork folders like Buffers, Junctions, Signals, Signs as some of that stuff crash the editor. After that you should be able to work fine with the editor.

Then of course if you are ok just with the spawn points then you need to just load tiles named with TT_, you dont have to load other tiles then as TT_ tiles include those points and you will see them in timetable editor.

• Helpful Helpful x 3
  7. josh_the_tech

Thanks for the tips trainsimcz. I’ll give those a go when I next hop on the editor! :)

8. Tomas9970

Not sure if this is the place to post but I was trying... things.

The tracks are just a static mesh that is aligned according to the other dioramas and I also made my own landscape material for this.

20220414205224_1.jpg 20220414205157_1.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  9. josh_the_tech

Does anyone have any tips on how to find portals in a map for use in a scenario? Thought I'd try finding a portal by Ebbsfleet Int. for the sake of trying to find something to help but no real luck. Ideally want to find portals in GWE without loading track scenery (worst case if needed I can clear up the files as mentioned above, to load track scenery) to avoid crashing. Thanks again in advance!

10. trainsimcz

Like i wrote before, just load all TT_ tiles, then open timetable editor and when you will choose destination there will be list of the marker points, that list include portals too

• Like Like x 1
  11. josh_the_tech

Thanks for the response. I had done this, so I guess like in your live stream, there are no marker points in the GWE map for portals. I will experiment with different ribbon references to find the portal track and hope for the best.

Next hurdle to overcome is why my player service isn’t generating objectives!

Last edited: Apr 17, 2022
  12. josh_the_tech

Good news, portals in the older maps work by just selecting the last ribbon at the end of a map. Bad news is, whatever I do, even following the exact setup as per the live stream, I can't seem to get the game to generate objectives. I've tried on GWE and also the London to Brighton route.

The scenario is set to have a player only service set. It has a formation with Load/Unload, followed by a destination, a final Load/Unload and an End Service with times specified for when the train should depart the origin station and when it should arrive at the destination station. When it operates as AI, it follows all the steps as expected.
    UE4Editor_2022-04-17_21-10-57.jpg UE4Editor_2022-04-17_21-09-35.jpg UE4Editor_2022-04-17_21-10-46.jpg UE4Editor_2022-04-17_21-12-06.jpg UE4Editor_2022-04-17_21-12-51.jpg [​IMG]

I'm determined to get it working one way or another so others in the long term don't fall into the same traps I may be falling into.

Thanks again in advance for any help.

13. Will

Will Active Member

In the scenario definition make sure 'Generate Service Objectives' is set to true. When false every objective would need manually creating in a blueprint which isn't possible yet as the blueprint nodes for objectives still need adding to the editor.

14. josh_the_tech

Thanks for your post. I set that to true and ensured the ScenarioActorV2 and ObjectiveActor thing is also selected (can’t remember the exact name off the top of my head). It’s a peculiar one! I’ll update with screenshots of the SD once I get to my PC

Update: Screenshot attached. Happy to share raw files if that helps at all?
    UE4Editor_2022-04-18_18-26-15.jpg

Last edited: Apr 18, 2022
  15. Will

Will Active Member

Everything in the screenshot looks fine, do you spawn on foot or in the cab of the service? I don't think any objectives appear until you are sat in the cab of the player service.

16. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

I love what I am seeing here, but anyone stepped closer to making a route that can run a train with AI and a timetable?
    Also how does this sit with DTG themselves? This should of been part of the design framework for the end user, user made content.

• Like Like x 1
  17. trainsimcz

Well so far public version of Unofficial editor is not supporting route building yet and it will take some time until it does. Our private version of course support route building (its not perfect but we are able to place the tracks - and there is already 2 routes in progress). And then of course we are able to create timetable for it with AI too. There is only small problem with 24h timetable as it require timing data so the game know where other AI trains suppose to be spawned in that time. We are not that far to generate those data yet (sure its possible to make them by hand, i did it for MSB with my old real timetable, but thats take a lot of time and testing).

• Like Like x 4
  18. josh_the_tech

I spawn on foot, walk to the service on platform 13 and then sit in the driver seat (tried both ends) but no objectives show. I’ve confirmed all settings are on for objectives and have checked timetable mode and other scenarios to be 100% certain.

I also tried the same thing on LBN at Brighton with a class 387. Spawn on foot using one of the route PlayerStart actors and walk to the service. Sit in it but no objectives show and the schedule (the T key and in the pause menu) is blank.

Video demonstrating issue can be found here:

Last edited: Apr 19, 2022
  19. Will

Will Active Member

The only other thing I can think of is the 'Player Only Services' array in the scenario definition. The name of the services the player is going to drive needs to be added to that array. If it still doesn't work, I'm happy to have a look at the files.

20. josh_the_tech

Thanks Will. That was added in as well so the AI wouldn’t take control of the service. I’ll upload the files to my OneDrive and share via a DM if that’s ok?

21. ffabio89

ffabio89 Active Member

Hi...
    I've a little problem wit this 2.0 version: when I start it, it stuck on the 59% for an hour and nothing happen...

I know that needs some time to the first launch but I think it's too much, or not?

PS: I've just try to delete any old files, download the new 2.0 editor and put it in a different folder (this time inside desktop and not in C:)

22. josh_the_tech

What processor and how much RAM do you have? Also, what kind of hard drive do you have, an SSD or an old style HDD?

23. ffabio89

ffabio89 Active Member

Processor: Intel i7-9700 3GHz
    Ram: 16Gb
    Windows 10 LTSC on the main HD (SDD) and games on the secondary HD (HDD)

24. Tomas9970

Try moving it out of C:\Users. I know that having projects files in there can cause issues due to access rights so this might be similar.

Also the desktop folder is actually C:\Users\[username]\Desktop but I'm sure you know that.

25. ffabio89

ffabio89 Active Member

I've try to it in C: then in D: and in last in another directory but it stuck on 45, 57 and 7% ....
    Now, I've try to launch another time but it's spawn a new error (filed to launch) due to a missing ue4editor.exefile and I don t know what it happens

26. Tomas9970

Check the virus chest in your anti-virus software to see if the UE4Editor.exe is in there. If that's the case, you will have to set up an exception.

27. ffabio89

ffabio89 Active Member

Do it but nothing has change....

20 minutes and it stop at 55%

There's some extra software that I need?
    Or the editor have some problems to work under W10 enterprise?

28. josh_the_tech

No need for any extra software. If you have any anti-virus software or if it's a work computer (seeing as you're using Windows 10 Enterprise, that suggests it could be) there may be security software stopping you from running it.

You could try making a folder in the root of the C:\ drive and putting the editor in there, then try launching it from the batch file. I assume you've also followed the instructions on how to extract your core content files from TSW2 as well as any DLC you wish to use.

If you haven't, please follow through the instructions on https://tsweditor.github.io

29. ffabio89

ffabio89 Active Member

Ok, try next week your last solutions and report if anything changes...
    Thanks for now!

• Like Like x 1
  30. trainsimcz

First start usually takes very long time, its always up to how many stuff do you already have in the editor... like if you extract the editor and then all DLCs in it then it will take long time because of the shaders. If you just start editor without any plugins in yet then check the log file, maybe you got some different problem.

31. ffabio89

ffabio89 Active Member

How log file? And where it located?

32. trainsimgaming1001

trainsimgaming1001 Well-Known Member

May I ask, what is the route you are making?

33. ffabio89

ffabio89 Active Member

Good evening at all....
    Unfortunately the editor won't start anymore....
    I try to put it in C: and in other directory (try D and local PC) and try to launch from different ways but it stuck always on 55 or 70%......

Where I can find the editor's log file?
    There's something that I can try to now?

34. josh_the_tech

How many DLC files did you extract?

35. ffabio89

ffabio89 Active Member

At the moment I didn't extract anything, I think.
    I try only to launch editor only, from its TS2 prototype file and, later, from the batch files....

36. Will

Will Active Member

The editor can normally take a while to start up for the first time, but it shouldn't be more than 20 minutes with your CPU. Normally the bottleneck when launching the editor is the CPU as it tries to compile a load of shaders. So, something is probably going wrong when the editor starts that causes it to get stuck loading. Have a look for the log file hopefully it'll show what the issue is.
    Log files are located in: Editor/TS2Prototype/Saved/Logs

37. trainsimcz

Well as you noticed my page is in czech language (thats why my nick here ends cz too) so yeah im making short Czech Route. No more details yet as im more busy with adding stuff and features into the editor and playing with the editor always only for short time.

• Like Like x 2
  38. ffabio89

ffabio89 Active Member

Just find 3 log file there: TSEditor, TSEditor2 and TSEditor-backup and they show all the same things in the last two row:
    LogUObjectAllocator: 4206096 out of 0 bytes used by permanent object pool.
    LogUObjectArray: CloseDisregardForGC: 0/0 objects in disregard for GC pool
    This row is writted after the plug-in load, if I read right the log.

Is this the problem? Or I must find something different inside the log, for example a specific command line?

PS: I've try to launch the classic UE and it works fine so, I think the problem is something inside the editor or it's location at this point....

(Edited for the last PS)

Last edited: Apr 26, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  39. Will

Will Active Member

Please could you upload the log file or a bit more of the log towards the end of the file. The last two lines also appear in the log when the editor is running normally, so I don't think they are the problem.

40. ffabio89

ffabio89 Active Member

Sure! Here for you...

I hope you can find the problem, so keep my finger crossed for another day!

Attached Files:

41. Will

Will Active Member

I can't see anything that stands out as being an issue in that log file, so I'm not too sure what else to try. As it doesn't crash or show any error in the log it's hard to narrow down what the issue might be. You could try reinstalling the editor but if you have already tried this it wouldn't make any difference.

42. ffabio89

ffabio89 Active Member

Yes, I just try this....

I try to start it from its TS2Prototype launcher, from the UE4editor.exe file and from it's batch launcher.
    In each case I had move the editor in a different position, now I put it in E: (the secondary HDD) and before I try to locate it in desktop, C: and on a different external HD....
    All the time it stuck on 70% (sometimes on 55%) and, if it not needs some windows program (for example base programs) to run I'm out of ideas for now :(

There's some specific location to put in?

43. ffabio89

ffabio89 Active Member

Hi :)
    Before I give up, can I ask my last dubt?
    Today I try another time to start the editor and, in first, I've recived this message: "filed to aunch TSEditor"
    After this I've try to launch from another way but, when I start the editor from it's batch file, that show me this in the "cmd-win32" windows:
    H:\UEditor>Engine\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor.exe ..\..\..\TS2Prototype\TS2Prototype.uproject

If there isn't a really problem with the editor, it possible that my problem depend where I hade install Steam and TSW (H: and not C:)?

44. josh_the_tech

The editor works completely independently and isn't reliant on Steam or TSW install locations.

What program did you use to unzip the editor? Did you download both part files and then use WinRAR or did you use another unzipping tool?

45. ffabio89

ffabio89 Active Member

Good on this!

I'll download both the part file (part1 and part2), I'll extract all the file in the download folder with WinRAR and move this extracted files to the new created folder "UE-Editor" in the secondary internal HDD. As the guide shows....
    I've try to put it in a different location but there isn't any difference.

At moment I've the editor inside H:/UE-Editor folder, and TSW inside H:/Games/Steam/Steamapps/common folder.
    I've also try to launch the UE4 official program (downloaded to learning Unreal engine world) and it functions well, only this version on UE editor didn't start and stuck always on 55 or 70%

And now i haven't any other ideas!

PS: after download the first version of the editor, just to trying to run something successfully, I see that one stuck on 55% the first time and, for the second chance, showing me the message "filed to launch the UE4 editor" and it never change for the third try...

46. josh_the_tech

Unfortunately it sounds like there’s some corruption somewhere then maybe in your users AppData then. If you don’t use the Unreal Engine editor (the one downloaded from Epic Games), I might suggest uninstalling it, deleting the editor and then clearing out Unreal editor files in your Local and/or Roaming appdata folders in your user profile. If you need to find out the locations of this, Google should be able to help.

If that doesn’t work for you then it looks like there’s deeper issues with your Windows install seeing as the logs don’t show any particular issues.

47. Tomas9970

When it says "failed to launch UE4 editor", are you sure there is UE4Editor.exe in Engine/Binaries/Win64? I'm still behind the idea that an anti-virus is deleting that over and over again.

48. ffabio89

ffabio89 Active Member

Yes, the file is inside (and added at the AVG antivirus exceptions)
    Now I move the editor outside that HDD because that show me I haven't some permission to copy the file inside :o (didn't know why I can't copy file from that now?) and move it to H:/Games folder.
    Same result..... as I wrote below!

After your suggestion i redownload the editor and relaunched it: it stuck on 45% for an ours and.... stop!
    I think I've some problem in my windows installation, maybe a specific service pack is needed? Or another Windows architecture?
    Didn't know exatly, and the fact the original UE4 still working well didn't help me a lot because is the same engine (I think)....

PS: I've notice this time the log file show me a different end that I never seen before....

Thanks a lot to everyone for the help for now!

Attached Files:

49. josh_the_tech

Try putting it in your documents folder on your C drive and give it a go. I assume the second HDD is not a super fast SSD? You said you moved it out of the HDD but you've still kept it within the H:\ drive.

If that doesn't work then I think you'll have to try it on another computer or potentially will need a re-install of Windows.

50. ffabio89

ffabio89 Active Member

Try and, sadly, the problem is my PC :(:(:(

Hope now I can find what is missing/wrong on my PC and fix it...

.... And hope some service pack isn't needed and the problem is just some DLL or something like that