Thurstmaster Target Script For Warthog Throttle + Saitek Tq Profile

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Drakoz, Feb 28, 2018.

1. JPS

JPS Member

Will this get a setting for the Horseshoe Curve ES44 ? I haven't found an existing one yet that works properly with it :(
    GP38-2 works though :)

2. Drakoz

Drakoz Active Member

I haven't bought the Horseshoe curve DLC yet. I have taken a break from TSW and the TARGET script for a bit.

I was hoping the ES44 would work with the Sherman Hill SD70 profile, or at least be close. But that is probably hoping too much. Are any of the SD70, GP38, GP/SD40 profiles close to working for the ES44? If one of them is close, what doesn't work? It is often the automatic brake that requires the extra effort.

Thanks for confirming the GP38-2 works. Which of the GP38 profiles are you using with it?

3. JPS

JPS Member

(It's the funniest thing if I tab back to my browser to write back, while the TARGET script is still running xD)

For the GP38-2 I use the Peninsula Corridor one.
    I tested a bit with the ES44: The throttle works on profile 16 (SD70ACE). Brakes mostly work with profile 13 (F40PH), but I have to wiggle to full application to get the full range. Dynamic brake on profile 13 is fine.
    With the other profiles especially auto brake is just messy.

Mind you, I am at my home away from home now, and I only have a TCA here. So it might be different for the Warthog (?), wich I won't be holding untill June :)

4. Drakoz

Drakoz Active Member

Thanks for the info. TCA vs. Warthog will work the same. The axes just get converted to 0 to 100% of travel and everything is controller agnostic after that. All key presses, etc. work off % position.

On the ES44 brakes, using the SD70ACE profile, you have to wiggle to get to full braking (100% brakes), or wiggle to get into Suppression, Handle off, Emergency, etc. These are the things that seem to always change from one loco to the next.

With this info, I can put together a ES44 profile that will probably work. I can adjust the press time for the auto brakes and you shouldn't have to wiggle it to get to full travel.

5. JPS

JPS Member

Uhm... I'm getting an error on the TCA script when using the GP9?

Runtime error in Execute: Symbol not found: pro_GP9CN_AutoNotchList, in "KeyAxisDirNotch(&TCAQuadrant12, QT_LEFT, &pro_GP9CN_AutoNotchList, &pro_GP9CN_AutoActionUP, &pro_GP9CN_AutoActionDN, AXIS_REVERSED, 30, 100);"

6. razzledazzle

razzledazzle New Member

I am encountering issues using the TCA Airbus Throttle that I was hoping someone may be able to assist with. First time installing, all files are compiled correctly in the script editor. Testing on the Northern Trans-Pennine DLC with the Class 45. I have selected this profile in the script editor. The brake throttle (Left) seems to be working as intended although a little delayed. The throttle however, keeps on flicking between on and off with no real pattern when testing this axis.

7. Drakoz

Drakoz Active Member

Are you still having this trouble? I haven't had a chance to upload a fix, but here is what the code should say if you want to fix it in your script. I will try to upload this fix soon as a complete new package, but I don't have access to my gaming computer to test it right now.

For TSW2, the GP9CN uses the same controls setup as the GP38SP. This was a change between the TSW and TSW2 script, but looks like I didn't make the change to the TSW2 script for the TCA Airbus. Make the following change....

In the Drakoz_TrainSimWorld2_TCA_Airbus.tmc script, replace the entire section for the pro_ConfigureGP9CN with the following:
    Code:
    //************************************************************************************************************************************
    //************************************************************************************************************************************
    // pro_ConfigureGP9CN()
    //	Custom configuration for GP9 - Canadian National Route
    int pro_ConfigureGP9CN()
    {
    	printf("Profile %d: pro_GP9CN\x9\x9 GP9 - Canadian National Route\xa", pro_GP9CN);
    	&pro_ProfileName = "GP 9 for Canadian National";		// Set profile name to be spoken using Speak()

// Right ENG Switch
    	MapKeyIO (&TCAQuadrant12, QT_BTN4, 0, Sand);		// Lead Axle Sander on
    	MapKeyRIO(&TCAQuadrant12, QT_BTN4, 0, 0);			// Lead Axle Sander off

// TCA Throttle QT_RIGHT axis config - engine throttle
    	KeyAxis(&TCAQuadrant12, QT_RIGHT, 'o', AXMAPEXEC("KeyAxisDirNotch(&TCAQuadrant12, QT_RIGHT, &pro_GP38SP_ThrNotchList, &pro_GP38SP_ThrActionUP, &pro_GP38SP_ThrActionDN, AXIS_REVERSED, 30, 100);"));
    	// TCA Throttle QT_LEFT axis config using UMD Switch - U=(not defined), M=automatic brake, D=indepedent brake
    	KeyAxis(&TCAQuadrant12, QT_LEFT, 'u', 0);
    	KeyAxis(&TCAQuadrant12, QT_LEFT, 'm', AXMAPEXEC("KeyAxisDirNotch(&TCAQuadrant12, QT_LEFT, &pro_GP38SP_AutoNotchList, &pro_GP38SP_AutoActionUP, &pro_GP38SP_AutoActionDN, AXIS_REVERSED, 30, 100);"));
    	KeyAxis(&TCAQuadrant12, QT_LEFT, 'd', AXMAPEXEC("KeyAxisDirZone(&TCAQuadrant12, QT_LEFT, &pro_GP38SP_IndZoneList, &pro_GP38SP_IndActionUP, &pro_GP38SP_IndActionDN, AXIS_REVERSED, 30, 100);"));

// TWCS Throttle axis config - independent brake - (U and M mode only)
    	KeyAxis(&TWCSThrottle, TTHR, 'um', AXMAPEXEC("KeyAxisDirZone(&TWCSThrottle, TTHR, &pro_GP38SP_IndZoneList, &pro_GP38SP_IndActionUP, &pro_GP38SP_IndActionDN, AXIS_REVERSED);"));
    	KeyAxis(&TWCSThrottle, TTHR, 'd', 0);

// TCA Throttle Quadrant QT_RIGHT axis config - automatic brake - (U and D mode only)
    	KeyAxis(&TCAQuadrant34, QT_RIGHT, 'ud', AXMAPEXEC("KeyAxisDirNotch(&TCAQuadrant34, QT_RIGHT, &pro_GP38SP_AutoNotchList, &pro_GP38SP_AutoActionUP, &pro_GP38SP_AutoActionDN, AXIS_REVERSED, 30, 100);"));
    	KeyAxis(&TCAQuadrant34, QT_RIGHT, 'm', 0);
    	// TCA Throttle Quadrant QT_LEFT axis config - indepedent brake - (U and M mode only)
    	KeyAxis(&TCAQuadrant34, QT_LEFT, 'um', AXMAPEXEC("KeyAxisDirZone(&TCAQuadrant34, QT_LEFT, &pro_GP38SP_IndZoneList, &pro_GP38SP_IndActionUP, &pro_GP38SP_IndActionDN, AXIS_REVERSED, 30, 100);"));
    	KeyAxis(&TCAQuadrant34, QT_LEFT, 'd', 0);

}

Or you can fix the exact mistakes. Specifically, the following lines were incorrect. GP9CN needs to be replaced with GP38SP. See bold text below.

KeyAxis(&TCAQuadrant12, QT_LEFT, 'm', AXMAPEXEC("KeyAxisDirNotch(&TCAQuadrant12, QT_LEFT, &pro_GP9CN_AutoNotchList, &pro_GP9CN_AutoActionUP, &pro_GP9CN_AutoActionDN, AXIS_REVERSED, 30, 100);"));

KeyAxis(&TCAQuadrant34, QT_RIGHT, 'ud', AXMAPEXEC("KeyAxisDirNotch(&TCAQuadrant34, QT_RIGHT, &pro_GP9CN_AutoNotchList, &pro_GP9CN_AutoActionUP, &pro_GP9CN_AutoActionDN, AXIS_REVERSED, 30, 100);"));

Here are the corrected lines.

KeyAxis(&TCAQuadrant12, QT_LEFT, 'm', AXMAPEXEC("KeyAxisDirNotch(&TCAQuadrant12, QT_LEFT, &pro_GP38SP_AutoNotchList, &pro_GP38SP_AutoActionUP, &pro_GP38SP_AutoActionDN, AXIS_REVERSED, 30, 100);"));

KeyAxis(&TCAQuadrant34, QT_RIGHT, 'ud', AXMAPEXEC("KeyAxisDirNotch(&TCAQuadrant34, QT_RIGHT, &pro_GP38SP_AutoNotchList, &pro_GP38SP_AutoActionUP, &pro_GP38SP_AutoActionDN, AXIS_REVERSED, 30, 100);"));

8. Drakoz

Drakoz Active Member

Status update

I am not actively working on this script as I have been very busy with my job the last couple years. That, and CobraOne's “TSW Raildriver & Joystick Interface” is probably the preferred way to get joysticks/quadrants working in TSW now anyway.

CobraOne is the one that inspired me to make the Thrustmaster script for TSW (though my method is very different than his) and he deserves huge appreciation for his work over the last decade making joysticks work in TS and now TSW. The forum topic for his efforts can be found here:
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/ts-world-raildriver-and-joystick-interface.61440/

I will still support my script when I can (like fixing a couple reported bugs). Just ask here if you need help or email me at the address found in the PDF manual in the script download.

I won't be able to regularly add locomotives, though. Dovetail is making them faster than I can keep up, and I am not actively playing TSW or buying new DLC. I never expected I would be able to keep up. Most the locomotives for the TSW2 script should work for TSW3, but it would take me months to verify them. It took months to do that between TSW and TSW2 last time.

My offer still stands that I will help anyone that wants to try programming a new locomotive on their own. Just contact me here, or email me at the email address in the PDF manual from the script download.

• Like Like x 1