More Timetables ?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by chacal#2181, Apr 13, 2022.

1. chacal#2181

chacal#2181 Well-Known Member

I really enjoy the more or less recently published alternative timetables, be it for Rapit Transit, or the "extended journey" DLC one for SKA.

I found they bring life to those older routes and make them enjoyable, even for a dull route like SKA. Just spending some time at 17:30 at Koln is so nice with all those trains moving in and out. That where TSW truly shine IMO, like in others full of life routes.

So do other forum fellows think that DTG should take some time to develop more timetables for the older routes (even as DLC) as some are really lifeless ? I think about NTP or LIRR, but maybe Peninsula Corridor or others ? What do you think ?

• Like Like x 10
  2. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

Timetable services are the backbone of TSW for me. I’m all for – and willing to pay for - anything that improves a Timetable!

• Like Like x 12
  3. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

I think new timetables are a good idea even as a paid DLC on some routes but not all.

A new timetable on Peninsula Corridor would be pointless, theres nothing new service wise which could be added, the same for Harlem.

A new timetable for RRO to include IC and ICE services would bring something new to the table and would be a day 1 purchase for me (at the right price). Id envisage that the expanded new timetable would include the ICE3 as standard with a bonus IC layer for owners of the 101.

• Like Like x 4
  4. chacal#2181

chacal#2181 Well-Known Member

ICE and IC services for RRO would be great !

I was thinking about LIRR specifically because at Jamaica station (the busiest of the route) we have actually 136 arrivals a day, while in reality it should be more or less 1000 from what i found. That 7.3 times more traffic. I do know we will never see that kind of traffic but still on BML at Clapham Junction DTG magician was able to pack more than 700 arrivals per 24hrs. So there is clearly some place for improvment that would make this route finally alive. Now i have read some where that there is a problem with LIRR that prevents changes to timetable, not sure of my memory there.

For Harlem, timetable seems quite busy IMO and this route is just new so really no need to change here.

As others i would gladly pay for good timetables when the need is real.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2022
  5. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Oh hell yes!

Always into route enhancement. Many older routes could use a "refreshment" with Static stock, a.i services and just additional services in general. Since the scope of work is nothing for a preservation update, im willing to pay for those kind of dlcs, like we had with the journeys expansion.

There is also plenty of possibilities to sell additional content on top of the existing loco and route dlcs.

- Wagon / Coach dlcs:
    Basicly additional services with those wagons getting added into the 24h timetable mode, maybe few scenarios on top.

- Departmental dlcs (UK):
    Focus on track infrastructure for example the departmental class40 with turbots and seacow services for ntp, and a departmental cl37 yellow or Civil engineers livery with services for routes.

- Freight load dlcs:
    Taking an existing wagon like a flatcar and make a higher variety of freight types: Excravators, Tractors, heavy load etc. Of course with adding services in the timetable mode.

- Livery dlcs?:
    Officially licenced high quality payware liveries for people dont want to spend time in the livery designer

Just few ideas to try new paths.

• Like Like x 5
  6. robert_LH

robert_LH Member

Yes please!!!

7. highland beastie

highland beastie Well-Known Member

I think Munich needs a new timetable (but that wouldn't work on previous gen consoles sadly), because Munich HBF feels incredibly empty for on of the busiest stations in Germany. I don't know what services could he added as I'm not familiar with the area, but I know there's lots they could add.

8. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I suspect they would need to add a lot of rolling stock as well and that's what kills the memory. You can have lots of the same train for little more memory use, but put in variety and it kills