An Open Letter To Dtg

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Mattty May, Apr 2, 2022.

1. xblackwolf90

xblackwolf90 Well-Known Member

An excellent post!

Since the release of rush hour, I've been unable to complete journey mode on any DTG released route I've purchased due to bugs.

Boston Sprinter: a building over the tracks preventing a time table service being completed.

Riesa-Dresden: constant crashes towards Dresden.

London commuter: red light bugs and a broken scenario.

Harlem line: mis-routed AI trains causing red lights.

New journeys pack: red lights on SKA on 423 services; AI train mis-routed in the opposite direction.

This is completely unacceptable and cannot continue. Minor bugs I can accept; scenery, frame rate drops etc. can be a little frustrating, but do not stop you playing the game. But when journey mode cannot be completed on all these routes, months after release, I feel a line has been crossed.

I will not purchase any more content until DTG resolve outstanding issues and prove they're changing. For tooo long, streams have talked of change, lessons learned, and promises. None have yet materialised.

It's a shame, as there have been some real moves forward lately. Longer routes, busier time tables, enhanced features, better audio, improved physics. It's all great at first, until you can't actually complete a service.

• Like Like x 13
  2. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

Wow! What a nice find. I just had a look at it and it looks like what I was looking for in a game like TSW2. I have seen many mentions of other rail sims and when I looked them up they looked like meh. It's also very embarrassing how good that game looks on PS4. In my opinion looks better than the next gen version of TSW2.

Sure you can't compare the two but if Densha De Go! came to the west. I know which train game I would be playing. It's weird how a train game with such an awful UI as Densha De Go! can look more sophisticated than TSW2 :D

• Like Like x 1
  3. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

Do you mean Densha De Go - Journey to Kyoto? I saw some videos from it and it looked very nice. Perhaps I will buy it. I hope the developers of Densha De Go will build a Shinkanzen version. Impressive highspeedtrain with tilting technology and very nice japanese landscape.

• Like Like x 3
  4. bones.n.hombre

bones.n.hombre Active Member

Thank you for sharing this, it looks fantastic and I have ordered the latest one for the Switch. There is even train controller support on the Nintendo.

I’ve watched a couple of gameplay videos and I think I will be able to work out what to do (my Japanese is non existent).

I will stick some videos up on YouTube once it arrives.

• Like Like x 2
  5. antwerpcentral

No it's not the Kyoto one. The Kyoto route uses real video as a background, it looks very awkward. There is no western version of the one Turbojugend mentions. DTG should buy the rights to Desnha de Go and bring it to TSW2 :D

This is the one that surprised how good it looks

I'm glad Turbojugend found this because it is very good example how gameplay in a train simulator should work. I've been thinking lots of time how TSW2 could be a much more fun game. I realise now I would not be good at making video games because it seems to be a skill that Japanse game developers know all too well. DTG does all they can to make the trains look as realistic as possible but forget to make the game fun as well but if you would mix TSW2 and Densha de GO! you would get the Gran Turismo of trains

Last edited: Apr 17, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  6. keith_gilham

keith_gilham Active Member

Couldn’t agree more… love this game to bits I have bought a fair portion of the dlc well everything uk and USA.. but you’d think I’d have learned my lesson so many routes that either can’t be finished because of red light simulator and blocks of trains all held up, crashes in the same spots and now on horseshoe waiting for a train that doesn’t exist? Please guys such a shame to let a great game go the shoot

• Like Like x 5
  7. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

My biggest and current frustration is the introduction of new bugs after an update. A recent issue I've come across is now that several of the GWR services on London Commuter have been affected.

For example, approaching Redhill Platform 1, the correct signal shown should be a call-on aspect (a red with two white lights) to show clearance to enter an occupied platform - where you share the platform with a 377 that goes to/from Tonbridge. However, the call-on aspect does not show, thus with just the red, you've got to wait nearly 20 mins for the Tonbridge service to depart before you can continue. It makes a roughly 5mins service take 30mins! Have tried different GWR services, some seem to work, others don't. I'm pretty sure this is a recent bug as this has never occurred before for me.

• Like Like x 1
  8. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Densha de Go was really big in the late 90’s/early 2000’s. Problem was, Sony very parochial about supplying Japanese market only games outside their home territory. You also had to physically butcher your PS in order to overcome the regional protection built in. Still there were some great editions - Professional 2 probably the best, but you also had versions dedicated to trams, Shinkansen and even steam traction.

The one drawback is that other than Densha de Go Final, most of the routes were cut down or abridged in some manner.

Another less well known title was the SL de Ikou series by Tomy. This gave you a steam train to drive on a superbly scenic route in Hokkaido. One I would love to see in TSW.

• Like Like x 3
  9. extrabored#3934

extrabored#3934 New Member

For What it's Worth: The only thing that will get DTG's attention to fix their #$*^&@! software is MONEY. If the add-on doesn't work properly, request a refund. I received a refund for Horseshoe Curve which didn't even allow me to SAVE GAME, which as I'm sure you're aware is an on-going problem. Occasional minor bugs..ok. Changing camera views can sometimes crash the game as well but Save Game? NO way. They simply think they can put out garbage and we will pay for it. Do not be a sucker: Hit them in the pocket book.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Railmaster

Railmaster Well-Known Member

Why are you buying a DLC that contains a known bug? Do you think complaining (Steam?) will change anything about that? Sorry, that sounds like- I'm just buying it to smack them in the face. yeah, you can do it...

BTW:
    I know the save function is supposed to be buggy. In fact, I can hardly remember that this once led to another error for me. It's quite possible, I don't know. But not because I don't save, but because I'm the world saving champion! When I started TSW2020, I often acted stupid and couldn't avoid saving. Of course that has gotten better ;-) Today I actually only save for reasons of convenience, and I don't know where that would have led to further problems. I had problems when before saving - which is why I did it. If it wasn't a bug but a glitch, I was able to master it that way.

Regarding Savings on the PS4 with TSW2020 and TSW2, I can only say personally that I have probably saved hundreds of times, but I really can't remember any error caused by this. Maybe because I save so much? If it were different, I would know that and I would be really annoyed about it! Maybe I'm just lucky? No idea... Or is it platform related? Or it depends on the right timing?

11. goochdog#5870

goochdog#5870 Well-Known Member

I’m hoping that the next Roadmap will be as encouraging as the last Roadmap stream that said they were listening to us (and thanks again to the OP for this thread) and that something is actually being done and they are not just telling us what we want to hear . I hope it’s not just “ we are waiting on the new head honcho to get his caboose in gear . Something needs to be done PDQ or else they will haemorrhage us loyal customers

• Like Like x 4
  12. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

I played Densha de Go Final for PS2, I beat it, very interesting, I found TSW2 looking for Denhsa de Go, I didn't find it here on the Brazilian PSN...

• Like Like x 3
  13. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

Another major post-patch bug, this time with the Class 313 on East Coastway. As one of my favourite DLCs, it's really annoying I can no longer complete a service now without it ending with a service failure due to random derailments. Twice in a row now, on Seaford services has this bug occurred.

It's bad enough lately without hardly any new UK DLC, so I find it concerning that new issues - also including the Class 166 services on London Commuter that have the missing call-on lights on the red signals - that are cropping up that weren't there previously that is now affecting existing routes/locos! :(

• Like Like x 5
  14. kurtosizm

kurtosizm Well-Known Member

Well, even these teething issues are not officially recognised anymore. Nowadays, community managers only comment on the forum if there's too much bickering or someone ivolves politics. Am I not right? Change my mind. The current situation is just plain disturbing, quite frankly.

• Like Like x 5
  15. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

In fact it's a little sad to have more interventions in these situations instead of a post like this claiming general improvements and corrections... People who break the forum rules shouldn't even receive a reply, just their post deleted and the answers come more to those who correctly act on the forum.

• Like Like x 1
  16. frank1116

frank1116 Well-Known Member

Sad, but understandable. I admire your continously polite approach to the LIRR issue. I like LIRR, but have deleted the DLC now.
    I think this entire forum is bad because of the way is is structured. You will find the same issues on most platforms, while within the platform section, the same issues are reported again and again. It should be structured by DLC/Sub folders per DLC (Light/Sound/System/Enviroment). It is then easier to respond to a particular issue and the community would be informed.
    But this might have been reported somewhere here in the swamp. However, lack of information is one of the weaknesses of the dev as well as the lack of embarrasement for obvious mistakes within a DLC.

• Like Like x 1
  17. arek#2842

arek#2842 Well-Known Member

Well, there is a 'Technical Reports' forum where you can report issues disregard of the platform they are occuring. If someone is picking up subject about an issue here I guess it's not for actual reporting of it to DTG, but more to compain about it not being fixed since (most likely) long time with other frustrated players.

• Like Like x 1
  18. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

So this is now the complaints forum?

Whilst I agree that the layout of the forum isn't the best with cross platform queries and discussions, there is a specific section for "It's not working" and that's tech reports. Any post which is of the type "it's not working" should be moved there by the mods.
    Maybe add to the platform marker for Light/Sound/System/Enviroment to make it easier for people to search out the issue in question, but from what I've seen people don't bother to search and just make a new post anyway

19. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

Hear hear! Apart from the obvious shared love of the subject matter for which we are all here, these forums are among the worst in terms of structure and user friendliness I have used. The fragmentation of information is most inefficient and often leads to multiple threads on the same topic in different forums. As Frank says, there should be subforums for routes, other DLC, and general discussion independent of hardware choice. I have also never frequented forums such as these where it is impossible to change basic aspects of the user profile such as contact email and forum nickname. Contact email is a no brainer yet is disabled. Even places like Avsim let you change your nickname albeit a maximum of twice a year. If you write to a member of the community team on the matter you are blatantly ignored.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  20. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Yes, but many issues are not "technical." Bad sound or a poorly rendered station (coughreigatecough) don't fall within tech-support's portfolio, so that forum really iusn't the place for them; but generally they are universal not platform-specific issues.

• Like Like x 3
  21. kekanha#4892

kekanha#4892 Active Member

hello. I support everything you say and I can only praise your courage to address it. to me when I approach something of this genre they usually close my post. I just wanted to make a note. This chaos begins on October 19 with the launch of the new engine. the update is the happy 155, which made PS4 users, who only have "ADSL", because they live in the historic area of their cities, take more than 15 days to play. All Dovetail did was apologize. not a single compensation. They taught me that "forgiveness" must be avoided, so as not to have to ask for them. Since that day (October 19), we are being "beta testers" and paying well for being so. It's like you buy a car and when you go to turn it on, it doesn't have brakes or a steering wheel. They tell you that I'm sorry, they make another model and put it up for sale, but your car still doesn't roll. The same thing happens with the new model. sorry, sorry, sorry but you already paid. It's not fair and it's taking advantage of people. I think they are laughing at how stupid we are that we keep buying knowing that they are scamming us. I wonder if it will not be a crime to sell unfinished products for good ones. because it is obvious that it is a fraud, the DLC's are not finished and as such should not be put up for sale as a product. our trust was betrayed. The Dresden thing is incomprehensible, they will release 5 or 6 DLC's later and that is spoiled data taking up space on my hard drive. 30 euros that they scammed me, I don't have the product that they sold me. I have the beta of that product. we have to form a blog outside of this platform to try to see how the law can stop them. They are scamming us, we will have to do something. I hope that dovetail remembers that there are people who, buying 2 DLC's for their child, run out of money, and end this shameful behavior. Greetings to all. Thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Here we go again.

23. ARuscoe

Totally incorrect. I suggest you look further back and see when "chaos" began with regards to DTG and it began way before TSW (of any kind) was a twinkle in Matt's eye

• Like Like x 1
  24. docsnyder1911

The law thing will not bring so much. The economic thing that disappointed customers can do is more effective. :)

Last edited: Apr 23, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  25. kekanha#4892

It can, but I am referring to this game and this platform in particular.

• Like Like x 1
  26. kekanha#4892

yep, but understand that the game is addictive, and people like it. we live in a consumerist society and people will continue to buy. not all the DLC"s are bad either. sherman hill, this last swiss train, and horseshoe curve are good, people are going to continue buying them. economically they don't feel any hit. with the launch of the British, American and German pack's, they compensate the They leave with new ones coming in. They will continue to deceive people. I myself have all 49 of the 50 DLC's, only the Christmas ring I don't have. But I keep buying. The law should have something against this type of scam , but since it is something international!!!!!. I mean, boycotting the vendors is not possible either. They should be more responsible and remember who feeds them. The truth is that I am sure they will continue to be the usual scoundrels Since neither their physique nor their pocket hurts them, bullies, they should be embarrassed, but the fact is that they don't have it, but the Dresden thing that is 7 months old, more than half a year should have something resolved, but "nothing" , they did not do "anything", that I have a friend from Playstation ne twork that I already sent several tickets, but nothing at all. You pay for the damaged product and keep quiet, because they talk to you they censor the spot.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  27. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I wonder whether a forum per route would be more efficient.

• Like Like x 4
  28. arek#2842

With current amount of DLCs and more udoubtly coming separate forum per DLC or at least per route would definitely be more efficient.

• Like Like x 1
  29. kekanha#4892

you have the tickets, but they are useless. we are scammed there are 50 DLC's, there can't be a forum for each one. hehe.

• Like Like x 1
  30. Lamplight

Serious question: Why do you keep buying DLCs if you feel they’re a scam?

• Like Like x 2
  31. kekanha#4892

in the end it's just a problem. sell finished product and ready for consumption. do not sell beta product, that is not legal, the beta is free.

• Like Like x 1
  32. arek#2842

But even for having discussions about or looking for an information about particular route it would be much easier.

33. kekanha#4892

because I assume that sooner or later they will stop deceiving me. Or do you like Dresden?? where half of the DLC is useless data. When you buy a car, you assume that it brakes, right?

• Like Like x 1
  34. kekanha#4892

Yep, but they have to much platforms, and everione have diferent problems in diferent DLC's.

• Like Like x 1
  35. Lamplight

Yes, I do like Dresden. Both Dresdens.

Let me offer you a piece of friendly advice: Stop assuming and start checking before you buy.

• Like Like x 3
  36. kekanha#4892

Who say i buy the DLC's. I work in spanish playstation network, and in mi contract i have right at everi digital contend. If was mi money??? Was another story.

• Like Like x 1
  37. kekanha#4892

But i defend consumers. But i dont buy any game for playstation. I i have to buy it, your advise is a true.

• Like Like x 1
  38. kekanha#4892

my brother buys his after playing mine. It only has 38 DLC's

• Like Like x 1
  39. kekanha#4892

T
    That's a veri good news.

40. kekanha#4892

for those who think that!

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  41. kekanha#4892

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  42. ARuscoe

Ah, then the chaos began on the release date of TSW2, not last year

43. docsnyder1911

You have right with the addictive thing. Till the G6 I bought everything at its release. But even before my doubts began to grow. First the sound issues at the preserved collection, that last till now. Then the beginn of the second class customer treatment for gen 8 consoles users. And since them I buy the stuff first, if it is on sale and the discount is big enough. As long as the size or the quality of the content is to small I will continue with that. And I think a lot of customers, that are with TSW from the beginning, doing the same in the meantime.

• Like Like x 2
  44. arek#2842

Do you mean framerate issue (being lower that expectes 25-30 FPS) or something more?

45. docsnyder1911

I mean, that we got 50 car trains at SPG even for gen 8 and since CRR 40 for gen 8 only. And with a lot of the new DLC (HMA, BML, SMH, DCZ...) you will get the "whole experience" with next generation consoles only even they aren't available for normal prices for normal working class people at the moment.

• Like Like x 2
  46. arek#2842

That's exactly the point that wonders me why DTG is not putting hard work on optimizing new DLCs for 8th gen consoles to the top level, when most of their customers from console world are still playing TSW2 on that generation? To whom they are pointing with their product when 9th gen consoles is still a minority?
    Or am I wrong and the number of active users of PS4 has become overcome by the number of active users of PS5 lately?

• Like Like x 1
  47. docsnyder1911

DTG self is saying, that the minority is on gen9. They said it in multiple streams. The possible reason for DTG with the lack of optimization can be, that it takes to much effort for them in their opinion. But that can be a very heavy miscalculation. Other reason could be that DTG didn't expected, that it takes so long that gen9 consoles are available normally. Then DTG would had to decide to do something for making a big part of their customers satisfied.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  48. antwerpcentral

Well I can see where he comes from. You know those shopping TV channels from back in the days? DTG does a similar act with their streams. I remember when I got interested in the game and started watching one of their Let's Play streams and bought a route because it looked nice and they kept telling how fun it was, once I started playing the route it was a bugfest. This happened twice and since then I don't watch any Let's Play videos anymore. But thousands of people seem to be watching those streams. The streams can feel like a scam. Not saying TSW2 is a scam but I can understand how one can feel tricked into buying broken goods.

• Like Like x 3
  49. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

In fairness, no company is going to do a let's play of their game and go, 'look how many bugs we have!' ;)

• Like Like x 2
  50. kekanha#4892

of that I'm sure. I work for playstation and everything that is digital I have for free. I have all the DLC's because I don't pay for them. but I have a family, and my family pays for what is physical or digital. but if it were physical, you could return the product that does not work correctly, as with cyberpunk that had thousands of returns. in this case it is digital material, the only compensation they give you is to apologize. but they fill your hard drive with junk data that the only thing they are used for is to use memory. Dresden is a bunch of data that is useless. I totally agree with you when it comes to dealing with console users.
    arek#2842I have been having this debate since October 19, 2021. I can tell you that I closed 3 posts. This happened because some consumers began to use language that was not appropriate. I can't say they were discriminatory when they were closed, but the debate is over. What I am not sure of is whether the bad education used was from consumers, or from someone who preferred that the debate be closed by boycotting the same thing. Let's hope that this does not happen in this post where we are all being polite, but making known our disappointment with the treatment that is imposed on us. Update 156 was and continues to be a disaster for consoles, regardless of their generation, they don't treat us differently, no! They just don't treat us, they ignore us. I feel ignored along with more than 120 friends that I have that play this game. 4 of them have been tremendously insistent sending tickets to dovetail, I prefer to keep these friends anonymous, but I can say who they are, it's my choice. one of them already sent 14 tickets, 9 of them don't go out either, they simply silenced it, because that's what it seems. the situation is that they sell you a product that is not at all what they are selling us. the product does not work and after a few days, after being pressed, they ask us for forgiveness and lie to us, they lie to us with all the teeth they have. They tell us that they are working on it, that they are going to solve the problem. another fat lie. ex:- "Dresden" and "London commutor" will be launched on October 19, 2021. Today is April 27, 2022. Several routes and locomotives have already been launched, 10 or more, but the routes that I indicated remain the same. They take us for fools, we are also betta testers and they take advantage of our feedback. They have no shame and are laughing at us behind our backs. gentlemen and beggars who give everything, and I affirm EVERYTHING, for money. Poor people, they think they earn money. white glove scammers

• Like Like x 1