Unable To Initalise Physx

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LT586, Sep 3, 2018.

1. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

Hello all

Sorry to post again but been having some real issues with TS2018 lately and, TS will not start up unless this file below is removed:

cudart32_30_9.dll

Which it then says Unable to initialise PhysX. I've installed the latest Nvidia GPU drivers, the last 4 were causing blackouts, this new one 399.07 doesn't cause any instablilty, but TS for some reason doesn't work, i have a GTX 980, 8GB DDR3 Zotac AMP! Extreme card 256bit memory interface, draws about 200W never had a problem like this before until lately.

I've tried with the support guys but to no avail as they're saying it's my system, well TS launches if you remove the .dll above, but obviously can't run without PhysX.

I've checked the Common folder in PhysX and copied .dlls from there to see if anything would budge but still no avail, restored original dependencies.

I am at my wits end. I know TS2019 is coming but if it cant launch when the necessary files are installed then what. I turned off my Anti Virus, installing the driver, I didn't use DDU as I don't like things tampering with the registry, just uninstall, navigate and delete the folders.

Please could someone help if this has happened before. Surely if you upgrade a GPU driver it should just work, does anyone with AMD have this issue? As i am seriously considering moving to AMD cards if Nvidia is such a pullaver.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
  2. DeanO55

DeanO55 Member

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
  3. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

DeanO55 I did have but i looked at the link and will try this tonight.

4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Nope. When you upgrade something, unless what's trying to talk to it can do so in a language it understands then you will have issues, and given the core engines of TS1 are so old, updating drivers is probably MORE likely to cause issues than leaving them alone. And the move to 64 bit will not change the graphics rendering engine at all according to reports I've seen, so drivers will still possibly be an issue.

As I've said on other similar posts, if you have issues then roll back your GPU driver until you find one that works for everything you want to use and then try copying the .dll from that version to your new one

5. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

That's fine ARuscoe and I appreciate the feedback, I run Fernbus on UE4 and although it works on older drivers the issues I was having was paramount, display device stopped and reset constantly in a driver I was using fine, 372.70 but if I install it now TS bugs out completely.

It was fine up until two months ago and since then it's gone tits up. Sorry to say.