Ai Take Over

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by akstorlied#2840, Apr 25, 2022.

1. akstorlied#2840

akstorlied#2840 Member

Back in the day, the AI take over would happen at about a minute of non-activity. I know some complained, but I want the function. What are the guidelines now for the prompt? I wanna go for a ride.

2. Joethefish

Joethefish Staff Member

From what I've noticed, it's 2 minutes after leaving the driver seat but you can deactivate it by sitting in a passenger seat. So, get up from the driver seat and stay away from any seats for 2 minutes. Then click yes.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  3. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Would still be nice to have full player control over this, though.

• Like Like x 4
  4. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

On a similar note, what is the best method of leaving a terminating service and taking out a new one? Eg. I arrive at Victoria and decide I want to drive back towards Brighton in a different unit. I let the service end and get the score screen. I then select continue in free roam and walk to another platform. Sit in the driver's seat and it asks if I want to take over the service. I click continue but what I'm finding is the AI forgets to drive off my previous working and locks up the entire station.

5. krustynuggets

krustynuggets Well-Known Member

Funny you say that, because the complete opposite generally happens for me, go to free roam again and when deciding which service to hijack and take over the AI has taken over and departed and I'm still getting points for it, even had 3 gold medals so far and i didn't drive an inch of the 3 services they were related to.......:cool: :cool: :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  6. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

It's a bit random isn't it. I've had that happen on ECW a few times but I'd sat in a passenger seat before any message about giving up a train appeared. There really should be a player invoked menu to hit in order to hand over to AI rather than us guessing whether ai will take over and drive or just sit there like a muppet.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

Would also be nice if AI could take over the "player train" in scenario's if you can't be bothered driving.

• Like Like x 1
  8. CrAzZyKiLLa

CrAzZyKiLLa Well-Known Member

There is an .ini edit which changes the time interval that the message appears in also, but dont remember it

• Like Like x 1
  9. mickelmickle

mickelmickle Member

C:\Users\Mick\Documents\My Games\TS2Prototype\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\Engine

[SystemSettings]
    ts2.dbg.RelinquishPromptWaitTime=30
    example here is 30 seconds

• Helpful Helpful x 3
  10. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Yes.

This is however a mixed blessing. It's great if you want to release your last train quickly, but hugely increases the annoyance if you are in foot mode setting switches or setting up trailing engines.

• Like Like x 2
  11. rat7_mobile

rat7_mobile Well-Known Member

you can also increase the time, I have mine set to 12000, so at least on Hroseshooe, I can go to the back of the train and back before it ask me to give up control