Recommending An Excellent Shunting Scenario

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by LastTrainToClarksville, Dec 12, 2021.

1. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Yesterday, I had the distinct pleasure of driving the "Continuous Shuffle" scenario for the DB-G6. But first, a word from our sponsor:
    TSW2_TAPper_1638532727_00.jpg
    Yes, folks, this fantastic facility exists on the TSW Rhein-Ruhr Osten route -- but remains inoperative because DTG has yet to animate it*

Now, back to our scheduled reporting:
    This scenario involves shunting those wagons with the unpronounceable name around the container facility for the approximately 90 minutes required to make up several racks of empties. Yes, I know: completely boring for passenger and long-haul fanatics -- but meat & potatoes for shunting fans. And, it's tricky to drive because 1) the spot to which you have to return numerous times sits on an abrupt and steep upgrade and 2) if you aren't minding your acceleration when leaving this spot to return to the yard you'll wind up off the path to your next destination. Of course, there's also a good deal of coupling and uncoupling, so plenty of opportunities to put on and remove your hard hat (an excellent and completely appropriate accessory found, I'm pretty sure, only with the DB-G6). You can also (as I did) make the action even more interesting by switching control desks at every reversal (a procedure fully explained in the DB-G6's tutorial session).

* I just can't resist another view of this splendid yet inactive location:
    TSW2_TAPper_1639219081_00.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  2. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

I thought that trying to operate a G6 double-header crashed the game?

3. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

The whole 363 Timetable on RSN is also very good for shunting, I can recommend it.

• Like Like x 2
  4. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure I've run some of those, but, yes, I'll look at them again. Thanks!

5. raretrack

raretrack Well-Known Member

With apologies for reviving this thread, a big thumbs up for LastTrainToClarksville's recommendation of this Container Shuffle scenario.

I finally got round to running it today, having carved out enough time to do it in one go. PZB/SIFA enabled, changed desks at each reversal, hard hat worn on each egress from the cab. Great fun mastering the stopping point for the shunts on the gradient; need enough power to avoid stopping short but not too much to SPAD!

I love the G6 anyway, but this made me appreciate it all the more. Cracking little loco :D

• Like Like x 2