Passengers Need Another Update

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Br425, Apr 24, 2022.

1. Br425

Br425 Well-Known Member

So the Rush Hour DLC improved passenger behaviour and spawning very much, but in my opinion, there still are many things missing/ not working properly in the game:

- Passenger spawning: Passengers are meant to spawn at a station a couple minutes before a train arrives. At the moment, this works if the station is not far away from the player and thus loaded. But as this is rarely the case, you mostly arrive at a station and the passengers only start spawning at that moment (a few people are often already standing at the platform, but most of them spawn way too late).

--> Passengers should be standing at a station and waiting when a train arrives, which means they spawn a few minutes before the arrival, but no longer spawn at and after the departure time!

- Passengers getting in the train: There are a few points here:
    1.) As often suggested, passengers should be opening the doors when they want to enter/ leave a train by pressing a button on the door. That means that they should not wait until the driver opens the doors, but instead move to the door as soon as they enter the platform or the train arrives. The doors then close automatically after nobody has passed through for a few seconds. This point would bring so much more immersion to the game.

2.) It would be way cooler if the passengers would not disappear once they have entered the train, but instead walk to a seat and sit down, just like at the platform benches.

3.) Also, if the train is full or just nearly full, people should be standing in the train (near the doors)

4.) A very common thing that happens is that passengers start to bug around when they try to get through the doors. This mostly happens in the DB BR 612 as it has stairs at the doors, but this also happens on other trains like the Dostos.

- Passenger variety: I think it would be really cool if some of them had a bag or backpack, some had headphones on, some had their phone in their hands, there are so many possibilities here. Also different ages would be a cool thing, like adding children.

• Like Like x 15
  2. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

Me saying this in a simplified (probably slightly inaccurate) way it has been said that to add children they would need to make them link with other passengers who would be the responsible adult as 2 year olds walking on a train by themselves wouldn't make sense.

However, as you said, I am sure that other things could be implemented (like phones which would make that crucial difference) to enhance the immersion of the game.

• Like Like x 2
  3. mlouie100

mlouie100 Well-Known Member

I would like to see them improve the Rush Hour Passengers .

4. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Passenger spawning needs a major improvement frankly. DTG said they made it so that passengers are on the platform but frankly that hardly happens as they are still walking up or down the stairs to get into the train. DTG didn't seem to address that issue at all frankly. Station platforms should be filled with passengers waiting for the train and when the train arrives. They shouldn't just be walking to the platform when the train is already there.

• Like Like x 3
  5. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

They should also be behind the yellow line unless boarding! It is very disconcerting to motor through a main/fast line platform at 90 MPH plus, to have someone literally standing or walking a few inches from the edge. In the case of stations with suicide deterrent fencing on the island platform, there shouldn’t even be people on the fast line platforms except when a train is booked to call and staff open the gate.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Br425

Br425 Well-Known Member

Exactly!

I get your point, but it is kinda realistic that people stand behind the line. You are right though, a game should be a role model.

• Like Like x 1