Ps5 Vrr Rollout This Week

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Redbus, Apr 26, 2022.

1. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

Just curious to know if Variable Refresh Rate will smooth out performance with TWS2 on compatible TVs. Hoping DTG will add native support in a timely manner, but in the meantime there will be an option to apply it to unsupported games.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

Will be very interesting to see what effect (if any) this feature has on TSW2, looking forward to trying it out.

3. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

Vrr was already available on PC and Xbox so I wouldn't expect too much of it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

When I had a PC g-sync was a game changer. Used to have a Series X but didn’t have a VRR TV at the time. I tested VRR a little this morning and my experience was smooth, but it could be placebo. Time and others’ feedback will tell!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

The VRR option is already there on my PS5, it was added in a previous update, simply restart your PS5 to see if yours has been updated too.

Unfortunately my TV is not VRR compatible after all so I can't comment on whether it has any effect on TSW2 or not.

6. Dinger75

Dinger75 Well-Known Member

After the last few days with VRR, I feel that the game feels alot smoother than before

While nothing can rectify the framerate drops around the larger stations, it really helps when you are elsewhere on the routes.

Far too often in TSW2 the framerate drops to the low 50's or high 40's causing frame pacing issues. It's here where VRR comes into its own in TSW.

So instead of seeing judders when another train passes by, the game actual feels smooth and minimises how jarring framerate drops can be

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. Conrad

Conrad Member

On PS5 VRR range is 48-60hz (TSW2 is not compatible with 120hz).
    VRR works well but when framerate goes under 48fps in more than one situation (Boston station e.g.) shuttering destroy the experience also with VRR.