I Also Made Myself A Buttonbox For Tsw2 (and Tsc + Other Sims)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by paweuek, Apr 26, 2022.

1. paweuek

paweuek Active Member

Hi,

I was fed up with not being able to reassign functions to individual Raildriver buttons. So I built myself a buttonbox, which I would like to present. I used standard arcade joystick PCB, because I wanted to make it as cheap and simple as possible.
    The biggest issue for me was the long delay when using the Raildriver alerter button and the inconsistent positioning of the PZB buttons. Additionally, I wanted a more intuitive placement of the door opening buttons. With this device, the game is now much more immersive. I use Joy to key software to assign individual buttons to specific keyboard shortcuts.
    So now I have big/easy to localize SIFA button. Two big levers for PZB acknowledge and PZB Free, a CMD 40 button. Additionally key for cab activation, emergency brake and two green buttons for left/right doors... and more. If anyone would like to build themselves something similar I'll happily give more precise instructions.

2022-04-26 19.33.14.jpg

And this is how big it is comnpared to orginal Raildriver

2022-04-21 17.24.26.jpg

Last edited: Apr 26, 2022
    • Like Like x 12
  2. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

I like the keylock :)

There is some microcontroller in the case, right? Was the wireing difficult to do?

3. paweuek

paweuek Active Member

The keylock is responsible for Ctrl+W shortcut;)
    The wiring is dead simple. Here I was trying if it works - without the casing. As you can see nothing fancy. Just more buttons and wires.

20220411_192316.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  4. Thorgred

Thorgred Active Member

impressive

5. Rybnicki

Rybnicki Well-Known Member

Feel free to give those precise instructions! I haven't tried any electronic projects since high school, might be a good place to restart.

6. Tahar_bej

Tahar_bej Member

I would like to see those instructions too. It could be a nice summer project for me after the university

7. Whitsim

Whitsim Member

• Like Like x 2
  8. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Very impressive and I'm wondering what is the language written on the red big button. If you have a friend that works for PKP Polish Railways locomotives like the EU44 Taurus EU46 Vectron should have PZB Befehl 40 PZB Frei PZB Wachasm buttons.
    Those are also written in the cab of all DB Electric and Diesel locomotives except the 363.

9. Rybnicki

Rybnicki Well-Known Member

It's Polish.