Streams This Week.....

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by chieflongshin, Apr 25, 2022.

1. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Saw the article this morning about these. Just curious what peoples thoughts are?

• Like Like x 2
  2. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Seems to be a firm redirect away from the key issues that people want information on, i.e.:

How long is the period of fixing core issues/“hiatus on first party DLC going to last?
    When are we likely to see a release date for SoS?

The scenario editor is so limited I really can’t hold much interest in watching someone else trying to create an activity. I would rather know when we are going to get SE2.0 and a consist editor to really get our creative juices flowing.

And why can’t we get Glasgow Subway for TSW rather than TSC?

Last edited: Apr 25, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

The lack of TSW lets play suggests not much new in terms of routes being fixed. The TVL one last week was a response to the updates so I hope that during this hiatus of new releases we will see much of the pres crew work released and some lets play streams to showcase the improvements.

Personally I would swap the Wednesday and Thursday streams so TSC remains on Wed and TSW on the Thursday.

4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Because it's being made by a third party, and they decide what they're developing for.

• Like Like x 2
  5. OldVern

Yes I know that... Jeez, what's happened to an appreciation of irony on here.

I was simply making the point would be a nice little self contained route in TSW complete with all day timetable, rather than probably the usual half a dozen or so runs which come with a typical TSC route.

• Like Like x 5
  6. ARuscoe

Often hard to read irony on a flat text medium, and didn't know whether people knew who Alan Thomson was

I'm sure if DTG or a second party did Glasgow Subway then someone who say "Oh no, not another closed subway system, why can't we have 100 miles of mainline with 15 new trains?

• Like Like x 6
  7. chieflongshin

I am feeling like this week is a week I do not need to view anything.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ARuscoe

Yep, been a long while since I've looked forward to a stream from DTG

• Like Like x 3
  9. OldVern

There's also the fact we have Thomson Interactive (who I thought morphed into Rivet but maybe not), then Alan Thomson as in the guy who runs the subscription download site and a FB page!

• Like Like x 1
  10. ARuscoe

Two Alan Thomsons... this one runs Thomson Intreractive (who built the Trent Valley Line in TSC)
    The other Alan runs Alan Thomson Sim which is a subscription website for TSC and TSW (kinda), and he also does a fair amount of Youtube and streaming on Twitch

11. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

I'm getting out of the habit of watching streams due to lack of content. Even whilst working away last night I didn't bother watching and that's with nothing else really to do in the hotel room. The likelihood of me getting back into watching them regularly is remote although I may still dip my toes in to the occasional roadmap if some thing sparks my interest that month.

I wonder how many other past regulars also no longer watch 2-3 times a week

I wonder how many more

• Like Like x 5
  12. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

I watch less at the moment purely because there are less restrictions keeping me at home. I also play the game less for the same reasons. I still very much enjoy both when I have the time.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Yesterday's 4 up challenge was entertaining.

14. doublefine7

doublefine7 Well-Known Member

Indeed. We should introduce an annual Award for most disqualifications in 4up-CHallenges. (Spoiler: Matt is my favorite).

15. chieflongshin

Only owning two eyes I find them really hard to watch and turn them off. 4 screens is too much for me.

16. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Count me. One master genious in dtgs house found the brilliant "manager of the year solution", to cut content last minute without ever noticing by the entire community.

Its named "new roadmap format" and executed by turning the red path of tsw customers decisions and buying planning into a "no information" screen.

This overlord genious managed even to get rid of the free advertisement listed in the full roadmap of upcoming content and dlcs in production.

DTG: If its not on the roadmap...
    Customer: What Roadmap?

No seriously, going short in communication is one thing, but not showing the red path of your product (vision / future), ended always in beeing a bad move for every company.

Just my opinion.

• Like Like x 5
  17. redrev1917

I don't watch the streams for entertainment I watch them to find out what is going on in the world of TSW and what new routes and features will open my wallet.

If I want entertainment I'll play the darn game.

• Like Like x 6
  18. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

Which is why TS1 failed spectacularly in a few years using that system...

Tbh, I'm not surprised. The community's biting the hand that feeds them - they want more transparency and information and when they get it, it shows exactly why DTG shutting up about it until a week before launch is the best thing they can do - if they did that, we'd have (probably) never known the Dresden branches would be cut, we'd have never known the 313 was batted around the schedule like a tennis ball, and DTG would've been very safe from those controversies.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Clumsy Pacer

I think it's mainly because the TS1 stream is a launch stream.

20. Kangaroo Conductor

Kangaroo Conductor Well-Known Member

So I wasn't the only one who thought that! I thought Thomson Interactive is now Rivet, and once I saw that they make the new route, I was quite confused.

• Like Like x 1
  21. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

There were comments and anger crossing the line and in no way constructive about the deadline and cuts, yes.
    But i use to go the way of reaching the goals i set, nomatter what. Might take overtime, and probably a delay of the route to release riesa with both branches, but its worth in the end.

My point is, now DTG has a really easy way to get them self out of the responsibility. Every time they dont get as far as planned in the first place, well just press the red button for a cut, nobody outside DTG will notice it.

Am i the only one here thinks the harlem line was the first victim of that practice? The Entire lenght to southeast is a lot of work, but nothing "undone" before. And for sure not out of scope of a normal route.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  22. redrev1917

I suspect it was cut due to poor sales of previous DLC and budgets had to be scaled back.

23. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Feedback noted on communication. Hoping that next week's Roadmap will provide a pretty comprehensive summary of where we're at with various projects.

Just finished writing it and it's 10 pages.

• Like Like x 15
  24. highland beastie

highland beastie Well-Known Member

I look forward to it!

25. ARuscoe

Who'd have thought that having less roadmaps would mean more "state of the game" type streams?
    Unfortunate requirement I guess

26. chieflongshin

JD, If this is ten pages of a font size no larger than an arial 10 i'm all in for this and look forward to it. :D:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  27. ARuscoe

I do enough documentation reviews at work... don't need an essay :)

28. DTG JD

Calibri 11, but don't hold that against me.

• Like Like x 6
  29. redrev1917

Personally I'd rather have 4x 2 1/2 page articles spread over a month than 1x 10 page article.

30. Clumsy Pacer

Yes but that means people don't get excited about changes. Having it every month can show a lot of changes whereas every week it doesn't look like as much has gone on.

• Like Like x 1
  31. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Will you include a summary then? 10 pages is a lot unless there are many images. Happy writing and good weekend. Your effort is appreciated.

32. doublefine7

doublefine7 Well-Known Member

Well, Calibri 11 is better than Wingdings or Comic Sans :D

33. ARuscoe

Personally I don't think the roadmap should particularly be about "hype". Much better ways of introducing and giving info on upcoming new stuff, and given they've got lots to fix and get those fixes released I don't think hype is warranted

• Like Like x 2
  34. DTG JD

It's broken down into sections, so if there are parts you're not interested in, you can skip past them.

• Like Like x 1
  35. DTG JD

Agreed. Roadmaps are about providing updates on what we're working on, and opening the hood on development - explaining where we are with projects and bringing you into the fold. We can show nice and cool stuff, but hyping is not the purpose of the Roadmap. We have announce articles and trailers to hype.

• Like Like x 2
  36. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Certainly. I never got those comments about a roadmap not being "exciting" back when they happened every 2 weeks. A statement like that implies a failure to comprehend what the roadmaps actually are. They're supposed to give an update on the current status of projects. It's not about having something new and shiny.

• Like Like x 4
  37. chieflongshin

Side note - Fair play to JD's community engagement the last couple of weeks. Appreciate you're as stacked at work as many of us but thank you for engaging more.

• Like Like x 6