Help With Controls

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mikesugg, Jun 23, 2018.

1. Mikesugg

Mikesugg New Member

Hi Everyone.
    This is my first post so if I am in the wrong place I apologise. I am trying to be able to view the full controls when running the Allegra tutorial in Arosa Line. Pressing F3 only shows part of the controls!
    Again apologies if this post is in the wrong place

2. hightower

hightower Guest

Hey there.

Hopefully this will help. If you google “train sim xxxxxxx manual” (where xxxxxx is the route) you’ll find one for almost every DLC.

https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/steam/apps/621870/manuals/Arosa_Line_Manual_EN.pdf?t=1503307753

Good luck!

3. AlexNL

AlexNL Well-Known Member

Try pressing F4, this should show the expanded HUD with full controls.

Might I suggest familiarising yourself with the keyboard controls for the game? You can find these in the manuals.

4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

F3 usually shows the miniHUD, F4 shows the full HUD
    As per the above, read the manuals when you download something new ( they're in your steam folder then \steamapps\common\RailWorks\Manuals)

5. RickOsh

RickOsh New Member

Is this what You mean? If it is, see my post in the Community Submissions forum.
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/changing-the-drivers-view-in-ts2018.12536/

ABE 8-12 Allegra at FOV of 81.jpg

This is the ABE 8-12 Allegra with the Field of View or FOV set at 81. The only useable button not in view is the emergency brake but even at a FOV of 95 it's still not visible and there is too much distortion for my liking.

6. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

You can use the Keyboard to operate the controls.

7. RickOsh

RickOsh New Member

Of course, you can use the keyboard, but some people like to use the mouse to move the controls and switches. I prefer to use the RailDriver controller in combination with the mouse and keyboard.

My Desktop.jpg

I suspect Mikesugg may have been looking for the answer that AlexNL & ARuscoe provided. Press the F4 key for the full controls display as shown below. Transparency is adjustable in the "Settings" of the sim.

DB BR103 Beginners Controls.jpg

8. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

For those who want an even briefer HUD view you can press F4 or F3 to turn off the HUD (depending on which version you run) and then press F5 to get a "technical HUD" which shows you the technical bits of the train, but not the "linear map" etc. Sort of a half way house to going HUDless...

9. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The Raildriver is OK if you have the room for it but it does not work with all locos and units.
    Some locos and units won't work with the F4 HUD and you have to use either the mouse or the keyboard + F3 or F5 HUD.

Peter