Any Updates On Increased Services For Bakerloo

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by AtherianKing, Apr 18, 2022.

1. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

It’s been quite some time since I last heard of this being discussed as a thing

is it still getting work done on it or has it been put the back of a queue ?

Any news to share ?

I know the issue was related to the dispatcher, I think that’s also the reason for LIRR services aswell

2. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

There hasn't been any new news for increasing services on Bakerloo unfortunately

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. CrAzZyKiLLa

CrAzZyKiLLa Well-Known Member

Due to limitations with the route having no portals it was deemed to not be possible at this current stage so the project was abandoned completely. It has been said there is still an interest in improving the timetable maybe when the dispatcher has been improved was the last thing i heard about it.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

However, acc. to Matt the dispatcher upgrade has now passed 3 out of 4 milestones. Once the new dispatcher is in place, it will be possible to give Bakerloo the timetable which was originally made for it, but which crashes the existing dispatcher.

5. CrAzZyKiLLa

CrAzZyKiLLa Well-Known Member

It was also stated tho that we are already on version 14 or 15 of the dispatcher? Who knows what state it's currently in. Hopefully it contiand nues to be improved going forward. Personally still want dynamic platform allocation

Last edited: Apr 29, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  6. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I hope they don’t shark us with a paid timetable upgrade. I already received less than I paid for

• Like Like x 1
  7. Joethefish

Joethefish Staff Member

Didn't they say it's a free thing in the preview? I can't quite remember, been a while. That is considering it is even possible.

8. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I don’t recall to be honest Joe. I’d love to see the line busier and hear that ambience of other trains banging down the tracks but I recall there was issues. I can imagine if you got your hands on the underground timetable you’d send the player base into meltdown keeping to the times then :D:cool:

9. Joethefish

Joethefish Staff Member

Oh I'd love to get my hands on it. Thought I'd probably just start fresh with a new timetable. I've given it thought anyway, but I just don't know the exact issues that the current one had to deal with. I was new to TSW development back then, most info was in one ear and out the other. :)

• Like Like x 4
  10. Tanglebones

Tanglebones Well-Known Member

The fact that this topic keeps returning tells me that it's close to a lot of people's hearts. And it's key to the route, really. A tube line bereft of trains is closer to fantasy that reality, IMO. I respect that you have issues and assignments you're working on already, but personally i'd love to see the timetable after you were done with it. I really hope the background work to make a busy timetable hasn't been shelved - that would be quite disappointing. Don't suppose there's any chance of an update on this from anyone?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Joethefish

Joethefish Staff Member

Oh there's not doubt it would look fantastic! I'm sure one day a bigger timetable will be made one day. Not really an update but I've seen a few people on the forums saying it was quietly cancelled, I don't think this is true.

• Like Like x 2
  12. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I was under the impression that a full timetable was already created but it was replaced with a lesser timetable due to the issues. If the issues with the dispatcher etc. are fixed the fuller timetable that already exists will more than likely only need a few final tweaks to make it work. There’ll be no need to create a new one.

• Like Like x 2
  13. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

I guess todays roadmap gives the best answer to this thread, sounds like the bakerloo line services will be a real great treat when it releases

14. Joethefish

Joethefish Staff Member

And now you can see how difficult it was for me to not spill the beans lol

• Like Like x 4
  15. Tanglebones

Tanglebones Well-Known Member

Well done, Joe - I can't wait to see it. Thank you for the passion you bring to all you do in this game.

• Like Like x 3