Question For The Roadmap ?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Ferrovipathe67, Apr 29, 2022.

1. Ferrovipathe67

Ferrovipathe67 Well-Known Member

Hello I have a important question what do you think of roadmaps once a month I find it boring and the systems before were better (for me) thx this is my question

Ferrovipathe67

• Like Like x 1
  2. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

It's unlikely we'll answer this in the stream, so I'll provide an answer here.

We wanted to move to a monthly Roadmap so that you're getting more tangible, in-depth information, rather than paying lip-service to what we're working on, and repeating ourselves regularly - as was the case when updates were fortnightly.

I hope you enjoy reading Tuesday's, as it covers quite a lot of ground.

• Like Like x 4
  3. jamesthepershing

jamesthepershing Active Member

Unfortunately, the point of the roadmap is to let the community know more about what's going on, but unfortunately lately it seems it's no longer so. For example, in the last roadmap, a new German route was announced, except we weren't told what it is. What's the point of that? I think it's pretty obvious that, unless it's a new country, it's safe to asume you at DTG are always working on one UK, US and German route, so saying "new German route" is completely useless. To be perfectly honest, I'm getting quite tired the way you seem to be ignoring the community more and more. Please get a grip and don't backtrack.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I agree that there is no point in announcing development of new German route or any route in general if DTG aren't gonna say more info about it. If a company has nothing to talk about for a new product, then dtg shoudn't mention something that they don't want to talk about. It makes no sense and it's quite pointless especially considering that u.s, u.k and german routes are routes that mostly get developed anyways so people can just assume that a U.S, U.K or German route may be in development.

DTG, don't announce something that you aren't willing to discuss further. It's very pointless and frankly a waste of time. If you don't want to announce routes on the roadmap, then announce a new route when it's ready to be announced. Don't put "new German route", "New American Route", or "New British Route" because it's just pointless.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  5. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

I agree. Don't announce a route unless you are prepared to go the whole distance and it's nearly ready to release.

I went through a phase during my route building days in the various sims of deciding my latest and greatest project, gushing forth about it on various forums only for it to falter into the vapourware recycle bin. Now I keep schtum until there is something concrete to actually put out.

• Like Like x 4
  6. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Which is what DTG are doing. What is concrete is that a German route is being developed. Since anything beyond that might "falter into the vapourware recycle bin," they quite rightly are keeping the statement to the absolutely definite.

• Like Like x 3
  7. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

"Can we please have more information because I'm not being given information"

"Can we please have less information unless that information is definite because I don't want information unless it's worth talking about"

Can we please decide on if we want more information, which is likely to include things which are incomplete, not ready or generally ideas, or less information which will then include more concrete ready to go stuff? If the community can't decide what the heck it wants I'm sure it's confusing to those trying to fulfill the requirements.

Last edited: May 1, 2022
    • Like Like x 11
  8. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

What is so difficult though about announcing something when it is ready to be announced? If they have a route that they know 100% they will make, then that's how it should be announced. If they aren't certain that it won't be to the scope they intended, then don't announce it until there is a firm decision. It's honestly not hard to do at all. It's not hard to repeat the rush hour mistake again.

Last edited: May 1, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  9. grob-e

grob-e Well-Known Member

Well, but right now, it seems like there isn't really many things worth discussing on the roadmap. HIding that it will be the shortest roadmap ever since launch behind a 10 pages long article on what? "The big talking points in the TSW2 community"?

Well, iff you go through the threads in the forums will be HSC after release talking, TVL pres crew update discussion, speedrunning or are you allowed in a simulator to break real world rules discussion, Speculation on mysterious "New German Route", speculation on what's coming next, discussion about more BR Blue routes for TSW, a bit chatting about steam, the lack of interesting railfantv-streams, the usual chat about bugs and fixing, some talking about unofficial mods and building your own controller for TSW, somehow I guess none of these big points will be covered in the roadmap or the next roadmap stream. Well, they have already sacked the TSW community manager, because they have nothing left to do for her.

So, I fear the roadmap stream would be just another Playstation-only we're working on it, but don't tell anything about it stream.

• Like Like x 4
  10. ARuscoe

Currently there is nothing (of interest) announced. And this is the problem. If you look at how "people act these days" they seem to want an endless string of new and improved stuff to look forward to and unless you're a steam fan (I'm not) DTG aren't exactly lighting up the world right now

You also need to look at the history. DTG announced in March last year what their summer release system was going to be, then things fell short and they got lambasted. Now we're saying don't announce anything at all until everything's known.

Basically DTG can't win for getting on someone's nerves...

• Like Like x 3
  11. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

Not so much a question but a request.
    Would DTG consider renaming Spirit of Steam.
    It's a "marketing" title that will grow old fast once further steam routes are released, as most
    routes are named for their location.

• Like Like x 2
  12. ARuscoe

I believe it's the "name of the release" rather than of the DLC which is likely to be called Liverpool to Crewe (or vice versa), similar to how last year's summer releases were called "Rush hour" but the DLCs themselves get called by their route names now

13. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

I'm done. I've waited months and months for the GWE updates and still nothing so I'm gone. I'm only here as I caught the stream the other night which was OK, Cat could really be an asset to the stream, that's if Sam will let her talk.

DTG, you really need to step up and start delivering on content and features.

• Like Like x 6
  14. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

dhekelian did you see last night roadmap stream? May be of interest to you based on your posts here