24 Hours Of Tsw

Discussion in 'Creators Club' started by pschlik, Feb 19, 2018.

1. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

24 Hours of TSW logo.png
    A Video Series of 24 Hour Timelapses in Train Sim World
    For those who didn't know, I've had some messing around with making 24 hour timelapses of Train Sim World. I did one on CSX Heavy Haul near Hyndman a while back, and after updating my methods, I have been able to get out more and more. GWE, RT, and NEC all have more to look at, but I definitely think GWE is the most interesting. Check out the videos, leave them running on the side, and take a glance at the action now and again; there’s a whole day to explore!

But why?
    I want to demonstrate how services mode is indeed a seamless 24 hour experience. As much as your 1 hour jaunt across the route, then back to the main menu, then another 1 hour, etc. makes services mode feel disconnected sometimes, you can actually play for a whole day in services mode without leaving the game. Its truly impressive how the game can keep track of all that is going on (which is a lot) over 24 hours, without ever needing to have a break. And that's why I made these, to get in more of an appreciation of just how cool services mode really is!

As much as I do try to include all 24 hours, usually there is very little traffic in the early hours of the day, which is worth cutting out or just skipping. Follow the timestamps to get in where the action really picks up.

24 Hours of TSW: Hyndman Timelapse (traffic picks up after 39 minutes in)

24 Hours of TSW: Slough Timelapse (action picks up after the Windsor shuttle arrives 26 minutes in)

24 Hours of TSW: Leipzig Connewitz Timelapse (video has been cropped to get the action right in at the start)

24 Hours of TSW: Oak Point Timelapse (like a reasonable video creator, I’ve made the video start with the first freight train)

24 Hours of TSW: Boele Timelapse (want to get some light in there? 17 minutes in the sun joins the game)

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
    • Like Like x 12
  2. Piussi

Piussi Well-Known Member

Service mode is the thing that keeps me hyped at TSW!

• Like Like x 5
  3. Lava2000

Lava2000 New Member

funny to watch the video
    then come the question:
    There are 4 available loc for HH, in service mode you select one loc first, then start a service to run. Each loc has a a different 24h schedule for services
    Do you see all 4 loc with their respective services combined in this time laps or only the service for the loc you selected to start a service?

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
  4. NAYDOG

NAYDOG Guest

you can spawn in walking and at any station - just spawn in walking and it will play all services asif you didnt exist.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

Very, very cool!

Thanks for sharing :D

- Jay

6. pschlik

Rapid Transit timelapse at Leipzig Connewitz is up on YouTube now!

• Like Like x 1
  7. pschlik

Heads up, found an audio issue when I finally decided to watch the Rapid Transit Timelapse. (Yeah, I don't actually watch these. It's mostly leave the game alone until its done, then leave Vegas alone until its done, then leave YouTube alone until its done) It's such a long process that I usually don't properly look at what comes out of it until later on.

As such, it turns out I accidentally messed up the audio sync in the process of editing the Rapid Transit timelapse, and I never watched the final product to ensure the audio was good. A fixed version has been uploaded in its place.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  8. DANNYBOY2487

DANNYBOY2487 Active Member

i'm hoping we will have the complete GWE one day so we can do the full journey on service mode

9. pschlik

New timelapse is up! NEC New York freight services at Oak Point.

Technically, it's not 24 hours, but it is pointless to have midnight to 5 AM, which is just ACS-64s.

10. pschlik

Still no WSR timelapse, the route is a bit calm for that, so there isn't much to put in perspective over the 12 ish hours of activity. BUT I do have a non timelapse video that may be of interest: taking a look back on the old public beta you may or may not remember, and comparing it to what we have now!

Now I imagine RSN will be worthy of a 24 hours of TSW video, so keep an eye out if you are curious.

But apart from that, my time for shameless self promotion is over, back to life.

• Like Like x 3
  11. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

The most annoying thing was that just about everything we raised tickets about in the beta was still unfixed in the release three months later! :mad:

12. pschlik

RSN timelapse is up! This time at Boele, where you get the junction between the freight line and the passenger line. Should make for something interesting to watch. The industry sounds in the background are especially noticeable on this route.

If you want to glance at it all in one sitting, I did a faster yet still reasonable version. I had to sacrifice the actual audio for that version, so the audio is just the ambient sound from the area. But that's what you need to do to go that fast.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  13. wronnoc

wronnoc Member

This is fantastic definitely gonna watch some more later